SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Didnt i send you SaoK a picture of the error which xrook has posted a ton of months ago? It was at the time i´ve had this problems with loading savegames. I might to believe in the error months ago was the sentence "selectt best places" :confused:

Probably happens because some recent changes. That is from position searching function. Itself isnt broken but somewhere it gets faultry parameters. I try to find it soon.

i give up... there is no way im gonna rescue that dude in the middle of a very very hot zone... at the beginning of the game with no support at all...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2z5k4l0.jpg

ive spent too much time trying to rescue that dude but cant go far anymore

and no way i want to capture a base without finishing the task to get that ai guards...

---

wow stroke of luck...

http://i59.tinypic.com/5wazb8.jpg

where do you keep your custom saves i want this as my new starting point from now on :bounce3:

---

Error in expression <ayer distance getmarkerpos (RESERVEZONE select _i) >= _dis) then {

(RESERVEZONE >

Error position: <select _i) >= _dis) then {

(RESERVEZONE >

Error Zero divisor

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\AmbientVehicleZone.sqf, line 176

---

i know this is the games problem but enemies clipping through walls is unfair :j:

Edited by xrook

Thanks, prevented that error for next update. :) Remember the undercover mode, could be handy to reach the dude. Will try to add starting point selecting soon, also maybe add similar to respawn location.

i think what it needs is a proper starting where go to a heavily guarded rebel camp post where they will inform you that "that guy" that is someone important needs to be rescued (your chapter continues from here)

you know similar to the campaign

and at least youll have a place to go back to unlike that purely unguarded camp wolf at the start (they could probably just send an MRAP and squish all our tents then just leave)

---

this town is the emptiest town i have ever been to

http://i59.tinypic.com/5me05e.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/xq9ojn.jpg

Edited by xrook

in the top of the screen sometimes i see the icon of vehicle with the speed and distance......??????????

Edited by teoleo

ever since this new flow of attack and defend gameplay, my priorities shifted from rescue POW, kill that dude, meet POW again, and doesnt matter if the bases i captured is unguarded i can leave it no problem

to

desperately earn a lot of prestige points by talking to an allied soldier and accomplishing a lot of "find and kill CSAT officer" task then do rescue POW, kill that dude, meet POW again, and finally establish a good well fortified base to leave alone when continuing the mission

---

i think you need to settle down the difficulty at the beginning of the game

at the start CSAT doesnt fully know about you or your goal so it should be less opposition

until of course you captured an important point from them or did something big

---

so i accepted the task "clear zone of CSAT" for the first time and it failed after ignoring it for sometime, so im guessing it has a time limit... but that task was given to me 13 klicks away, i will obviously ignore task that is too far from my main objective, while the ones 2 klicks or less i make a detour for

---

could you disable the construction shortcut keys? i accidentally press S from time to tim and a Small Radar appears infront of me killing my GMG

---

your dead body markers show up very late in the map

---

change the undo text button to red for stupid people like me... had to face palm myself because i dont know what gun i deleted

---

static AA or ATs cant stand properly on uneven ground, they topple down after being bought

---

could you disable the construction shortcut keys? i accidentally press S from time to tim and a Small Radar appears infront of me killing my GMG

starting to piss me off, i just want to move backwards

it doesnt always happen when pressing S but it does happen

---

i havnt have any enemy attacks for a while...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hgbrf8.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/ogc507.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2yzaooz.jpg

why?

---

that base is indestructible now right?

http://i59.tinypic.com/juuzif.jpg

---

a lot of civilians die alot because of this

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ywg291.jpg

clipping though those towers

Edited by xrook

i don't understand the HC group: i can only ask them to go in some place, but don't have the possibility to order to take a vehicle, ecc ecc??

Exist some manual for this mission?

There is much guides in field manual (esc) and map notes (M), even not fully explaning everything. Still much stuff work in progress and havent had time to write proper notes for everything. The high command feature is game feature, its probably hard to get groups in vehicles. But could try to add own function for that.

Currently the CSAT run out of vehicle zones since it attacks faster that gets new vehicle zones. It dosent yet leave anything to defend its own locations. That part of the mission is still very work in progress. Balansing coming slowly for everything (e.g. will make the CSAT try to conquer factories and also maybe build own ones so big element would be to try cutting CSAT resource flows). Disabling shortcut keys in construct menu would be big help definitely, I try to see if its possible.

have you noticed that the CSAT vehicle around 70% of the map are gone? (1st pic)

i think they got deleted somehow

Edited by xrook

Ah, thought those all were just got destroyed in long time. Seeking why those were removed.

Just made functions to make CSAT try to capture factories with the vehicle zones instead of random attack events. Also finally seems like fixed the issue were player got killed in armored vehicles from mg/gmg-fire. Mission update soon later today (or tommorrow if bigger issues appear).

ive played some hours and only managed to capture 2 green bases and 1 blue base (with 3 green outpost built [3rd pic])

and wasnt very far from the game because of what i do now compared to before

desperately earn a lot of prestige points by talking to an allied soldier and accomplishing a lot of "find and kill CSAT officer" task then do rescue POW, kill that dude, meet POW again, and finally establish a good well fortified base to leave alone when continuing the mission

that map was filled with enemy zones, so i dont know what happened there

Maybe a mod which have ability to initialize AI Reinforcements...That could explain when enemy seems to be everywhere

ive already turned off TPW skirmish and thats my only mod that could do that

and ive meant the entire map, not that small part of the map from pic 3

edit: also if you want my mod list im sure i already posted that a couple of pages ago

Lol, i dont need your modlist. Have my own with ~50 mods when starting this mission and everything is fine at me :)

New SP WLA update. Insertion location can be pointed in start options, new respawn location menu, CSAT factory capturing reworked, new gear collecting hint, player shouldnt die in armored vehicle from grenade/mg fire anymore +other fixes/tweaks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the gear shops are now available also near captured airfields and factories. And the range is inside 500m.

Edited by SaOk

Insertion location can be pointed in start options, new respawn location menu, CSAT factory capturing reworked, new gear collecting hint, player shouldnt die in armored vehicle from grenade/mg fire anymore +other fixes/tweaks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the gear shops are now available also near captured airfields and factories. And the range is inside 500m.

Nice update. Testing.

This is my impression of the update from the first few minutes of play.

I land with the helicopter and almost immediately make contact with civilian, however the "make contact with civilian" task didn't complete until several minutes later. I don't know if it is dependant on me building the camp first, because it happened right after that, or if that was just a coincident.

Also I received a four man reinforcement team right at the beginning, even before I had seen any battle at all. Is that intended?

Cheers :)

New SP WLA update. Insertion location can be pointed in start options, new respawn location menu, CSAT factory capturing reworked, new gear collecting hint, player shouldnt die in armored vehicle from grenade/mg fire anymore +other fixes/tweaks.

Thanks man! Keep up the good work. No other missions or mods even come close to how awesome this is Saok.

I lost the gear drop.

They were dropped from the air. I had to defeat some enemies, but by the time I was finished with that, the gear drop markers was gone from the map before I had a chance to find the boxes.

Cheers :)

gear drop is still there but the marker disappears after some time, so make sure you put your own marker to remember where it was last time

i think what it needs is a proper starting where go to a heavily guarded rebel camp post where they will inform you that "that guy" that is someone important needs to be rescued (your chapter continues from here)

you know similar to the campaign

and at least youll have a place to go back to unlike that purely unguarded camp wolf at the start (they could probably just send an MRAP and squish all our tents then just leave)

+1

I think giving the player an option at least to go to a fortified base/HQ or not would be great. I inserted with the boat and set it to overwatch quite far out while I took out a beach camp, an enemy tank and infantry re-attacked which was a surprise. Good thing my boat hit it a few times and the crew bailed...

gear drop is still there but the marker disappears after some time, so make sure you put your own marker to remember where it was last time

Yeah! Just almost impossible to find in dens forrest. :D

Yeah! Just almost impossible to find in dens forrest. :D

Why u two didnt place a marker on the position where the Gear drops? Open the map and doubleklick left mousebutton.Type in whatever you prefer... "Dropped Gear" for example. This Markers didnt disappear.

Why u two didnt place a marker on the position where the Gear drops? Open the map and doubleklick left mousebutton.Type in whatever you prefer... "Dropped Gear" for example. This Markers didnt disappear.

I know, I know... No comments ;) :p