Sign in to follow this  
Samfisherchaos

Arma 3 Alpha won't start

So I've finished downloading the alpha and when i go to start all i get is a black screen and when I go to task manager it says not responding.

Any ideas from the devs?

I've tried verifying the game shutting down any extraneous programs etc. I'll try running as admin see if that works. Also gonna try the latest nvidia beta drivers.

I have the same problem, i'm trying to figure it out, but i fear there is nothing we can do about it, other than wait...

strange, ran the .exe as an administrator, got the black screen, activated windows task manager, alt-tab into windows and then back into the game and now it works. Took 20 seconds before arma 3 text appeared.

I had same issue, I just kept ending process via Task manager, after the 5th try of just pressing play, wait 30 seconds, black screen, flash back at desktop, end process.. rinse and repeat... After it launched booted right up, playing on High just fine, just had the little issues getting it to launch.

Im having issues with the game not starting. It just says Arma 3 failed to start, then has the dialogue box to search for solutions on the internet. I tried running just the .exe on administrator. Im going to try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

Having sort of the same problem but I don't even get the black screen. Start Arma 3 and immediately crashes. Tried running as admin, turning off desktop composition, compatibility mode but nothing helps. Also installed the latest Nvidia drivers to no avail.

Win 7 64 bit

GTX 670 2GB

15 3570K CPU

16GB memory

Lots of HD space to spare.

Edited by rfxcasey

same problem as 2 above,

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 0.5.102.571

Application Timestamp: 512deb6a

Fault Module Name: StackHash_b4ee

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 041831a0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: b4ee

Additional Information 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692

Additional Information 3: 277e

Additional Information 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3

same prob as the 3 above :) :(

The way i got it to work was install the latest beta nvidia driver and then rebooting then it works fine.

Yeah I'm having the same issue. 2500k and gtx680.

Tried all my usual steam tricks as well as beta drivers, directx etc. and still no luck.

Same, beta drivers didn't fix anything. Pretty annoyed my this, my friends machine played it fine right away. I have spent a lot of money to have a great modern gaming system. All and I mean all my other games work just fine, damn alpha.

Tried everything I could think of too, nothing works. It is also not a Steam issue as others don't have any problems on Steam. Only thing left is a re-install, but doubt that will make a difference. Even tried messing with the properties of the exe and tried it with 640x480 resolution, admin rights, xp mode.

some guys reported that turning off "Zone-Alarm" made the game work for them. (I have no idea what it is)

I also have the same problem. Tried everything mentioned in the steam discussion about the same thing. Nothing worked. Would be good to get a solution.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

UPDATE: I completely uninstalled Zone alarm and now it's working. I hate not running a firewall so I'll maybe try with comodo.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

UPDATE 2: Runs ok for me using Comodo Firewall.

Yep, complete uninstall of Zone Alarm did the trick. Off to enjoy some Arma 3 alpha with the boys. Thanks, though I wouldn't have guessed a complete uninstall would be the answer. I'll probably be using Comodo untill ZA gets this fixed.

The way i got it to work was install the latest beta nvidia driver and then rebooting then it works fine.

Same here. I had to install beta drivers 314.14.

I am trying to run on a i3 Asus with Intergrated Graphics and I get the Display Acceleration Driver error which then quits the game. I don't use any other firewall or firmware except for Windows Defender and Firewall. Also I find when I go and look at Processes after ArmA 3 has supposedly quit the arma3.exe is still running in the background which I have to force quit. Any other advice? Thanks

I am trying to run on a i3 Asus with Intergrated Graphics and I get the Display Acceleration Driver error which then quits the game. I don't use any other firewall or firmware except for Windows Defender and Firewall. Also I find when I go and look at Processes after ArmA 3 has supposedly quit the arma3.exe is still running in the background which I have to force quit. Any other advice? Thanks

I don't think it will work with an integrated graphics card :(

It needs at least shader model 2.

I don't think it will work with an integrated graphics card

It needs at least shader model 2.

I just looked up and I am running DirectX 11 so I should have Shader Model 2 then. I use Mac's normally but wanted to see if it's worth investing in a PC? Still in the same boat then it seems

Edited by FibreGuy

Has the same problem here,sometime the game starts and freez in game and i must get out with alt+ctrl+del. i have OC rams after clocking down the rams to the standard clocks now the game runs with no problems.

My game worked perfectly yesterday, now it wont even start, i see the executable in Task Manager appearing for a second and than disappearing again, also can't find a log file, disabled my AVG, also didn't work, gonna try restarting my pc and steam.

my game worked perfectly yesterday, now it wont even start, i see the executable in task manager appearing for a second and than disappearing again, also can't find a log file, disabled my avg, also didn't work, gonna try restarting my pc and steam.

all who have intergrated graphics, i believe i have found an answer! If you run arma 3 and you get an error message saying the display drivers have stooped and have recorvered. This is because you need a better graphivs card!