Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to launch PwS into single player mode with selected mods. I've setup all the additional parameters it's just the whole "LAUNCH" button I'm looking for. Perhaps I'm blind. :Oo:

The new build fixed the registry error but the game settings still remain over from game to game. IE. if I have "force enable beta patch" selected in arma 2, it will be selected for arma 3 as well. If I remove it from arma 3, it will be removed for arma 2 as well. Same with start up parameters and any other settings. I hope this gets worked out along with the ability to add mods/addons under the game (without first installing one of the major modifications) and I can finally start using PWS for arma 3 as well :)

EDIT: I also can't select my profile from the settings under arma 2 now and to do it from the arma 3 settings. Only the default profile name is available under the arma 2 settings.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Nouty

I think I'm going to give up on this program, again. I've done everything I can think of and it is still causing my PC to stutter. I love ACE, but I can't take this...uninstalling for now and will probably try again in a few months.
Sad to hear. I don't think putting your head in the sand for a few months and then retrying it will magically fix the issue for you. If you would like us to spend some time on trying to figure out what is up and perhaps even solve it, feel free to post full details to http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com and we'll dig in.
I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to launch PwS into single player mode with selected mods. I've setup all the additional parameters it's just the whole "LAUNCH" button I'm looking for. Perhaps I'm blind. :Oo:
Put the launcher to Single Player, and Select Server turns Launch.
The new build fixed the registry error but the game settings still remain over from game to game. IE. if I have "force enable beta patch" selected in arma 2, it will be selected for arma 3 as well. If I remove it from arma 3, it will be removed for arma 2 as well. Same with start up parameters and any other settings. I hope this gets worked out along with the ability to add mods/addons under the game (without first installing one of the major modifications) and I can finally start using PWS for arma 3 as well :)

Keep up the good work!

Beta settings indeed are shared currently. Startup parameters should definitely not be shared, but I will double check.

As to the modsets, see the 2 official responses @ http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/arma_3_mod_list_wont_sync_at_all

Beta settings indeed are shared currently. Startup parameters should definitely not be shared, but I will double check.

As to the modsets, see the 2 official responses @ http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/arma_3_mod_list_wont_sync_at_all

Yeah you're right, start up params aren't shared, I don't know how I got that idea. Now I can't change my profile from the arma 2 settings in PWS, but I can from the arma 3 settings. Arma 2 profiles are shown under the a3 profiles as well. Just to be clear, I am referring to the "name" setting.

Cannot reproduce the startup settings shared. The only shared settings is between CO and OA, because they are the same game (OA). Or would you have them separate as well?

Would you have some repro steps?

Regarding the switches - do you feel all of them should be game specific, or some?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Ah just see your post, glad to hear re the startup params, looking into the profiles

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Player profiles issue reproduced - it seems to be somewhat random, or at least delayed, e.g showing the player profiles of the previous game when selecting the next game.

Have to run shortly but should have time later today to address this.

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Had a quick moment anyway and fixed the profiles, will be released with next build later this weekend

Nice to hear that. Good work! It's static for me btw, my player profiles are shown only under the arma 3 "name" menu and only default and the name of the default profile is shown under arma 2, always.

Nice to hear that. Good work! It's static for me btw, my player profiles are shown only under the arma 3 "name" menu and only default and the name of the default profile is shown under arma 2, always.

NP - back in the meantime. Regarding ARMA2, you are referring at OperationArrowhead/Combined Ops, or ARMA 2 Original?

As of build 370 you can create temporary custom modsets directly from within Play withSIX,

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/arma_3_mod_list_wont_sync_at_all#reply_11517085

That should hopefully address common request at least until we implement the final solution :)

Also included are the player profile fixes.

NP - back in the meantime. Regarding ARMA2, you are referring at OperationArrowhead/Combined Ops, or ARMA 2 Original?

Combined ops. Maybe the profile's show on the last game you've launched? I played some Arma 2 earlier and now my profiles show under Arma 2 but not under Arma 3. Anyway, it doesn't really matter that much since the correct name remains in the start up params, unless of course you would want to change the profile before you launch the game.

This is still present on the most recent version of PWS at the time of writing.

Combined ops. Maybe the profile's show on the last game you've launched? I played some Arma 2 earlier and now my profiles show under Arma 2 but not under Arma 3. Anyway, it doesn't really matter that much since the correct name remains in the start up params, unless of course you would want to change the profile before you launch the game.

This is still present on the most recent version of PWS at the time of writing.

Build 370? Very very strange tbh, the profiles definitely work as they should for me now :)

Could you please send the application logs, after clearing them, restarting pws, and trying to access the various settings for games?

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

Thanks

can we filter out several servers? lets say i want to see but servers with 'wastel' in their name.. is this possible?

does the tool is able to parse RegExp??

can we filter out several servers? lets say i want to see but servers with 'wastel' in their name.. is this possible?

does the tool is able to parse RegExp??

Hi yes you can use a '!' in front of the search key to inverse the filtering.

billy - searches for servers with player billy

!billy - searches for servers without player billy

Regex in filters is currently not supported, do you feel it would benefit the majority, or a smaller portion?

Build 370. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/Bu9ik9GP

I didn't see any errors in the log but the case still remains that under arma 3 "name" menu I can't see any profiles besides the default one.

Regex in filters is currently not supported, do you feel it would benefit the majority, or a smaller portion?

Regex sounds like an overkill for a server browser. :D

Original post: http://play.withsix.com/posts/94-play-withsix-beta-build-379-released

The latest Play withSIX v1.3 BETA build (379) is now available on auto-update!

This build brings several new and improved features and small design changes.

Promised initial smaller UI changes have now been applied and will be further developed coming days, feedback welcome!

This is a BETA update, only available if you enable “Receive Beta Updates†in the Application Settings

2hyxsab_thumb.png | 2dvk9qo_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

Highlights

• Basic SU Custom Repository support, prepared Yoma AddonSync repository support
  • Improved UI layout; Goodbye tab-hell!
  • New “Enter UserName/Password†and “IO Exception retry†dialogs
  • TrayIcon support

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Enjoy!

its really anoying me that PwS dont sees ive i close the game, i always need to close it before restarting it, so i also need to set the mods, but thats not really a problem with 4 mods.

Hi Sickboy, I like the idea of users having the ability to auto update mods, but I'm having trouble figuring out how mod makers get their mods featured.

I would like to allow players to have access to my mod with six Updater, but I'm unsure how I begin doing this.

Help would be great! Thanks!

-------

Also I do agree with other members in this forum. The current layout of the program is very confusing. I can navigate, but still overwhelming.

One thing that might help is to separate things with shaded grey areas and some borders. The pure white smashes all the content together and it's very hard to distinguish what's what.

Edited by SpecOp9

its really anoying me that PwS dont sees ive i close the game, i always need to close it before restarting it, so i also need to set the mods, but thats not really a problem with 4 mods.
Custom Modset persistency is in development, but not detecting when game closed seems bug, would you mind please sending the log files?

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

so now we can actually make our own presets with mods and repositaries?
Correct but the custom modsets are not persistent yet, working on that.
Hi Sickboy, I like the idea of users having the ability to auto update mods, but I'm having trouble figuring out how mod makers get their mods featured.

I would like to allow players to have access to my mod with six Updater, but I'm unsure how I begin doing this.

Help would be great! Thanks!

Hi,

We welcome mod update and addition requests currently over at: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests_pt2

For the future we're still looking at providing authors with direct access

Edited by Sickboy

Okay, sounds good. This will make us little authors happy

I can't connect to a password protected server with both the stable and beta version of PWS.

I get an error message "Cannot join the session. Wrong password was given." in ArmA 3.

Using the ingame browser, I have no problem copy-pasting the same password and getting in.

I can't connect to a password protected server with both the stable and beta version of PWS.

I get an error message "Cannot join the session. Wrong password was given." in ArmA 3.

Using the ingame browser, I have no problem copy-pasting the same password and getting in.

Hm, thanks for reporting will look into it.

Currently it should use the same principal as in arma2, so unless that has changed or is broken in arma 3, it seems weird.

for me, the great absentee in your support system is the Linux host.

For the rest, good job

for me, the great absentee in your support system is the Linux host.

For the rest, good job

Thanks.

There are various ways to support linux servers currently, but they might not be ideal.

For starters, as it appears you need to run Wine already to be able to run ARMA 3 on linux, pehaps you could run PwS or the old SU also over Wine.

Another option is running the old legacy six updater suite on linux which is supported natively (ruby), it has a web-interface you can also access remotely if you prefer.

http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater_Suite+Linux

Lastly if you have a fast windows host somewhere, you can use SU to upload the mods to your server.

If you choose the rsync route you will enjoy the same differential/delta updates as when downloading with the clients:

http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+Documentation#Updating%20your%20server%20with%20SU

There are also some custom linux scripts around, but these are not supported by us.

I think once PwS moves out of Preview, we can perhaps spend more time to provide a complete solution for linux servers, letting go of the old methods/implementations.

Edited by Sickboy