Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

Great initiative, I participated.

Would be nice to see an option for multiple GPUs, but it was interesting to see the data either way.

Playing on Windows 7 64Bit

EVGA Classified 3 e759

i7 920 @ 4.4 Ghz / HT on

12GB Dominator GT DDR3 @ 1866 / 9.9.9.27

GTX Titan 1175 Mhz Core 3200Mhz Ram

Game rests on a dedicated Samsung 840 SSD (128GB)

Settings:

Resolution : 100% (2560*1440)

Visibility

Overall : 2000

Object :1500

Shadow :100

Texture Quality: Ultra

Object Quality : Very High

Terrain Quality: Ultra

Cloud, Particle and Shadow Quality: High

Anisotropic filtering: Ultra

AA= Off

PP= Low

FXAA= Standard

in SP/Editor most of the time my FPS are nailed to 60 (due to Adap vsync)

in MP usally playing Invade & Annex (60 Players) the FPS depends hard on the Server, they are like from 5 - 60 (adap vsync) without it up to 100 max~

Yesterday i experienced a funny Thing i was on my preferred Server I&A, stood on the top of on of the Military Towers, there were only 8 Players online.

while laying on the Tower covered i got 45 FPS (hidden from the ai)

after Standing up revealing my cover to engage the NPCs FPS dropped to 8

Hiding again gave me back around 30 FPS in Overall didnt went back to 45 (this was repeatable until all the npcs in the area died)

Edited by fortune
spelling

Yesterday i experienced a funny Thing i was on my preferred Server I&A, stood on the top of on of the Military Towers, there were only 8 Players online.

while laying on the Tower covered i got 45 FPS (hidden from the ai)

after Standing up revealing my cover to engage the NPCs FPS dropped to 8

Hiding again gave me back around 30 FPS in Overall didnt went back to 45 (this was repeatable until all the npcs in the area died)

The nr. of objects in view affects your FPS. The reason you were getting more FPS while prone is because you were staring at a metal wall :)

The nr. of objects in view affects your FPS. The reason you were getting more FPS while prone is because you were staring at a metal wall :)

Thanks for the reply but i was in 3rd Person (Forget to mention it sry) so i saw nearly the same as Standing

there have been alot of AI in the area i guess 200+ i dont know how many of them actually aimed at me i bet alot

edit: being on the ground in the same area gave me 25+ fps not that much but more as on top of the Tower while the viewing distance was the same

I think we should stop here to not go offtopic

Edited by fortune

I finally got my IC Diamond 7 Carat (Home: Innovation Cooling) and realized when I wanted to replace the Thermal Grease, that I was running my CPU for ~12 month OC'ed @4400MHz, with the protection foil still attached to the Water-Block. :oops:

However I played a bit around and got the 3770k Prime95-x64-stable (v27.9 Build-1) @4700MHz with In-place large FFTs - Settings.

I'm not sure if a Custom-Loop would be able to push things even further, but I doubt it, as I haven't Temp-Issues, but my Sys is shutting down if I go for 1.435 V VCore and doesn't run stable on a lower VCore-Voltage.

So here you go:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7272/pzx4.jpg (444 kB)

3D-Mark-11-Scores

PS:

I would still recommend the "Diamond 7", but it's a bit harder to apply.

GPU-Z

2899550.png

Computer Type: PC-Desktop 
System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom-Build 
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4700MHz 
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V 
Memory: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @2133MHz 
Graphics Card: 2x Gigabyte GTX680-SOC-2GB in 2-Way-SLI and LN2-Bios activated 
Sound Card: OnBoard Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio 
Monitor(s) Displays: Asus VE278Q 27" Wide Led Black Full HD 2ms | Dell S2409W 24" 5ms 
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 
Keyboard: Roccat Isku | Logitech G13 | XBox 360 Controller wired | Logitech Dual Action GamePad 
Mouse: Shogun Bros. Ballista MK-1 | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Infection | Zalman FPSGun Mouse | Logitech G9 
PSU: Antec HCG-900 900W High Current Gamer 80PLUS Bronze 135mmfan 
Case: Thermaltake Level-10 GT LCS 
Cooling: Thermaltake BigWater 850 GT + IC Diamond 7 Carat, CPU Thermal Paste-Grease-Compound
Hard Drives: - Intel 520S 240GB/SATA3/R 550MBs,W 520MBs/25nm/3.5"Kit/5yr - Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate Constellation SATA3 3TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate FreeAgent USB 2.0 1TB 
Internet Speed: ADSL2+ ~15MBit/s DL | ~1MBit/s UL 
Browser: Google Chrome 
Antivirus: Windows Defender 
Other Info: - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick - Plantronics GameCom 777 Headset - Logitech X-210 Speakers 

:bounce3:

Ha I must be the only one in here with an ancient rig.

Q9400 (2.66 Ghz) (wish I knew how to overclock to at least 3 Ghz)

4gb ram

GF 9800GT 1GB

The only upgrade planned is a new gpu.Terrible performance in towns but otherwise pretty playable on open ground,can't really complain though.

Ha I must be the only one in here with an ancient rig.

Q9400 (2.66 Ghz) (wish I knew how to overclock to at least 3 Ghz)

4gb ram

GF 9800GT 1GB

The only upgrade planned is a new gpu.Terrible performance in towns but otherwise pretty playable on open ground,can't really complain though.

go to bios by pressing "delete' key and rise FSB by 10 mhz , restart PC and if it loads windows, run game, etc, restart again and rise FSB by next 10Mhz, your cpu s/b enough for 3.2ghz.

@PawelKPL,thanks a lot,after reading your post I started dabbling with oc and read some more about it(also found some info on my proc and oc).

I've set my FSB to 375,PCIe:100 and unlinked my ram(also set it to 1:1).At 3Ghz I didn't need to mess with the vcore.Still can't say it improved my performance in A3 towns very much.The weak gpu probably bottlenecks everything.

I've tried to oc to 3,2ghz but running prime the cpu gets pretty hot with stock cooling so I ordered this beauty.

My plan is to get it to run stable at 3.4ghz which I read it's the sweet spot for this cpu.