Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

i5 3570k

Gigabyte ATI 7950 3gig

8 gig ram

Everything maxed out. System runs perfect except if I try to run through smoke from a smoke grenade (or multiple...thats worse!) but ONLY if I go into or very near to the smoke.

What resolution mate?

i5 3570k 3.4 GHz

ATI 7970 Boost 3gig Sapphire

8GB Ram

144x900

22 FPS max out ; 31FPS with 200% 3d

I realy need to get a 3930k at least

Edited by Cotoi

i5 3570k 3.4 GHz

ATI 7970 Boost 3gig Sapphire

8GB Ram

144x900

22 FPS max out ; 31FPS with 200% 3d

I realy need to get a 3930k at least

Great CPU, nice graphics card, lotsa memory... you should be able to max out the settings quite easily unless you're greedy with visibility lol.

Win 7 64b

Core i7 3.5ghz

32gb ram

AMD 7900 3gb

I have a crappy HDD but will upgrade to an SSD soon enough to install windows + steam + programs on and keep the HDD for music/files etc.

Core i5 4670k @ 3.4 ghz (Probably will oc soon)

Two 3gb 7950's in Crossfire

8 Gb Crucial ram

1 TB hdd

Great CPU, nice graphics card, lotsa memory... you should be able to max out the settings quite easily unless you're greedy with visibility lol.

Heh - Not the only sod greedy with vis - 3820 and SLI'd Titans, play in high (5760*1080) but get hammered because I like being able to see a *long* ways out. Though it does make one wonder, has there been a benchmark set up for ARMA yet? I've made a mission in the editor where a ton of infantry, armour, and helo's have at it over and in the Airbase, and run it as a independent spotter watching it as a makeshift bench.

still rockin a i7 950 @4.2 and 2 580s, intel ssd. really want to upgrade to 4770 and 2 780s but am going to be patient at least wait for a3 full release. the 1.5gb 580s hold it back a little but for a pc that is about 4 years old it still plays the game at pretty good fps on high to very high settings. hopefully theres a proper benchmark scenario with release!

After planning this for a few months I've finally got my Arma 3 Rig together. Its a mid to high end rig but with a focus on value for money and at the moment is running Arma 3 maxed pretty damn well (a few things turned off like blur and about 3K view dist). I am very happy.

Case: BitFenix Prodigy

MoBo: Gigabyte Z87N-WiFi

CPU: Intel i5 4670K Haswell, overclocked to 4.2GHz (will try and go further but I am waiting for better RAM to arrive as the stuff I got is getting RMA'd due to not being up to scratch)

Corsair H60 Water Cooler

GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II OC

SSD: Samsung 840 series

2x4GB RAM, Corsair modular PSU, Razer mouse, TrackIR 5 etc

8350@4.6 ghz

8 Gigs 1600 mhz

7870 XT (tahiti le)

Runs great...been a lot of flack on AMD not running this game well but I'm running on ultra @ 35+ with server view settings.

After planning this for a few months I've finally got my Arma 3 Rig together. Its a mid to high end rig but with a focus on value for money and at the moment is running Arma 3 maxed pretty damn well (a few things turned off like blur and about 3K view dist). I am very happy.

Case: BitFenix Prodigy

MoBo: Gigabyte Z87N-WiFi

CPU: Intel i5 4670K Haswell, overclocked to 4.2GHz (will try and go further but I am waiting for better RAM to arrive as the stuff I got is getting RMA'd due to not being up to scratch)

Corsair H60 Water Cooler

GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II OC

SSD: Samsung 840 series

2x4GB RAM, Corsair modular PSU, Razer mouse, TrackIR 5 etc

Sounds nice as hell! What framerate though?

Maxed settings and 3KM view distance is all you need really.

So Z87/4670K/760/2x4GB 1600 MHz with SSD and 500-550W without excessive cooling will continue being my recommendation.

And a Z77/3220/660/4GB 1600 MHz with 450-500W or something such should be a cheaper recommendation until the 4th gen i3s are out next month. Which should do over standard-high 1.6KM.

i7 4770K (at stock speed)

EVA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB

16GB GSkill Trident X 2400MHz

Noctua u14s

Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB

Everything is maxed, except motion blur, wich I don't like and always toggle off in every game. Visibility (including objects) set to ~6300. Framerate: 60FPS (sometimes drops to 55, never goes above 60, which I think it's related to my 60Hz monitor. So far, it plays smooth as butter. Thank God! When ArmA2 was released, I've bought a new computer and it still struggled to play that game! :)

EVA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB

Noctua u14s

Everything is maxed, except motion blur, wich I don't like and always toggle off in every game. Visibility (including objects) set to ~6300. Framerate: 60FPS (sometimes drops to 55, never goes above 60, which I think it's related to my 60Hz monitor. So far, it plays smooth as butter. Thank God! When ArmA2 was released, I've bought a new computer and it still struggled to play that game! :)

you have the holy trinity of PC configs...that's why its "smooth as butter"

EVA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB

Noctua u14s

1. No wonder the game runs with a two months old CPU and $660 graphics card.

2. Not even overclocked (temps?).

3. Does your motherboard even support 2400 MHz and are they running at 2400 MHz?

4. Sounds like it could be up to a $2400 system in total and you don’t know about V-sync settings?

Sounds nice though. I’m just waiting for parts to come in and I’ll have something similar in a week or two.

i5-3570k (no oc)

GTX 660 Ti (minor OC)

8GB 1886MHz or something like that, Corsair Vengeance

3TB HDD

Fully maxed on everything visibility and detail wise. Roughly 50FPS, drops to maybe 40/45 when recording.

i5-3570k (no oc)

GTX 660 Ti (minor OC)

8GB 1886MHz or something like that, Corsair Vengeance

3TB HDD

Fully maxed on everything visibility and detail wise. Roughly 50FPS, drops to maybe 40/45 when recording.

What resolution?

What resolution?

1920x1080 (and although it doesn't matter, 23" :D I have been known to try it out on our larger screen though, and it looks cool there too!)

1920x1080 (and although it doesn't matter, 23" :D I have been known to try it out on our larger screen though, and it looks cool there too!)

1920x1080

3570K without OC

660 Ti with OC

Nothing spectacular about the other components I guess.

All settings maxed including 12km view distance?

At about 50 fps...

Bullshit?

Or did sproyd with a similar but overlocked 4670K and a view distance of 3 km just not turn his settings up anywhere near what he could use?

1920x1080

3570K without OC

660 Ti with OC

Nothing spectacular about the other components I guess.

All settings maxed including 12km view distance?

At about 50 fps...

Bullshit?

Or did sproyd with a similar but overlocked 4670K and a view distance of 3 km just not turn his settings up anywhere near what he could use?

idfk... purely because my setup works and is optimised is no reason to bash it.

i dont think he is bashing you rig but you have to understand what 12km view does and how very intensive it can be on your system i.e 50fps would most likely not be possible ...unless of course you just staring at an empty sky ;)

p.s IDK would have been sufficient :)

Well since you state that there is no CPU-OC I really don't see where a significant difference could come from at all.

Someone else says they’re using a 4770K which is maybe about 40% stronger than yours and a 780 which is over 50% stronger than yours, 1GB more VRAM, double RAM, the best SSD on the market and a 6300 view distance in 60 fps.

Then again he didn’t seem too knowledgeable and was most likely using vsync so his actual framerate could had been loads higher than 60.

Sproyd’s setup should beat yours though and he’s only using a quarter the view distance.

I also haven’t really heard about anyone using 12km at all.

Which leads me to believe you’re not really measuring the way other people would and maybe just staring at the ground, sky, flying over an empty ocean, empty map or something such.

I haven’t seen a ton of benchmarking for various systems though and won’t be getting my high-end system for another couple of weeks so I can’t say you’re wrong.

I personally don't believe either of them. Although the 4770k is more expensive doesn't mean that it's gunna run the game better than a 4670K. It adds hyperthreading to the original 4 cores of a 4670k which arma doesn't use.

6000-12000 view distance/objects is just not gunna happen at 50-60 FPS on any rig.

I personally don't believe either of them. Although the 4770k is more expensive doesn't mean that it's gunna run the game better than a 4670K. It adds hyperthreading to the original 4 cores of a 4670k which arma doesn't use.

6000-12000 view distance/objects is just not gunna happen at 50-60 FPS on any rig.

Graphics card matters more in that case. And it’s a 780 which is pretty beastly.

Graphics card matters more in that case. And it’s a 780 which is pretty beastly.

It does in some situations, but I've read countless posts and played with people with sli 780's/680's and 4770k's with O.C.'s still dipping down to the 30's with the 3800 recommended SP view distance.

A 780 is a beast, but any CPU is gunna bottleneck it in this game. It may bring up the max frames but your not gunna hit 60 FPS solid with a 6000 View distance...It's just not gunna happen.

I believe certain benchmarks he may get those frames but not when the engine is under stress.

It does in some situations, but I've read countless posts and played with people with sli 780's/680's and 4770k's with O.C.'s still dipping down to the 30's with the 3800 recommended SP view distance.

A 780 is a beast, but any CPU is gunna bottleneck it in this game. It may bring up the max frames but your not gunna hit 60 FPS solid with a 6000 View distance...It's just not gunna happen.

I believe certain benchmarks he may get those frames but not when the engine is under stress.

Hmmm no :) No combination of graphic card bottlenecks a 4770K to my knowledge.

Even quad-Titans supposedly won’t bottleneck a 4770K. New CPUs are much, much stronger than any graphics card out at the same time and should be since you will use it 5-10 years. Graphics cards almost always bottleneck CPUs other than in extreme cases is what I’ve been told anyways for example when the graphics card is several years newer than the CPU is.

Also ARMA 3 does not SLI well.

However I can’t say if the posts you’ve read are right or he is right. Many things matter such as singleplayer versus multiplayer, other specs, maybe tweaks, background programs, badly scripted scenarios and who knows what else.

Can’t wait to get my own 4770K so I can verify how well it runs :p

Hmmm no :) No combination of graphic card bottlenecks a 4770K to my knowledge.

Even quad-Titans supposedly won’t bottleneck a 4770K. New CPUs are much, much stronger than any graphics card out at the same time and should be since you will use it 5-10 years. Graphics cards almost always bottleneck CPUs other than in extreme cases is what I’ve been told anyways for example when the graphics card is several years newer than the CPU is.

Also ARMA 3 does not SLI well.

However I can’t say if the posts you’ve read are right or he is right. Many things matter such as singleplayer versus multiplayer, other specs, maybe tweaks, background programs, badly scripted scenarios and who knows what else.

Can’t wait to get my own 4770K so I can verify how well it runs :p

I would just roll with a 4670K and O.C. the hell outta it. Not gunna get much more performance from adding the hyper-threading(only real difference between the two) for an extra 100 bucks.

I'll just agree to disagree...it's not the 4770k that will bottleneck a 780...it's mainly the game. The game can only go as fast as where the bottleneck is...and in almost all systems with a decent GPU, in arma, it's slowed by the CPU. It would help to a certain extent, but the CPU dictates how quickly your gunna run this game.

IMO good setups for the money for arma-

4670k o.c'ed+good aftermarket cooler+760 for 1080p

4670k o.c'ed+good aftermarket cooler+780 for over 1440p

A 780 for any resolutions higher than that(threemonitor,1600p).