Sign in to follow this  
MrFata

Arma 3 NDA?

I know some of us in the community are wondering about NDA

For those who dont know what NDA is it is The Non-Disclosure Agreement

Which means in most cases you cannot post Videos, Pictures and Live stream. This usually takes place during Alpha and Beta Stages of some games.

So i am wondering Bohemia is their going to be NDA for Arma 3 Alpha and Beta?

No one's wondering about NDA, NDA sucks and doesn't stop me from taking screenshots and releasing them on the internet.

nothing to wonder about but details later

nothing to wonder about but details later

Ok thanks!

I can only imagine because its not a closed alpha and it is being advertised for purchase that it comes with a very laxed NDA.

I can only imagine because its not a closed alpha and it is being advertised for purchase that it comes with a very laxed NDA.

QFT.

And tracking a somewhat unlimited sample of copies is going to be troublesome - can always ninja in screenshots, or videos.

I think there may be something concerning mods, but the vanilla A3A that comes out of the package will be proudly displayed on YouTubes.

Site states it pretty clear, no NDA.

Can I take screenshots or make videos of the Arma 3 Alpha?

Yes, the same restrictions apply as to full games (and our previous games) with regards to copyrights. We encourage you to share with others how great Arma 3 looks. Steam has in-build functionality to do this. We would kindly ask of you to note that the media is from an Alpha version whenever you can, to avoid confusion.

Found in the ArmA III FAQ

Can I take screenshots or make videos of the Arma 3 Alpha?

Yes, the same restrictions apply as to full games (and our previous games) with regards to copyrights. We encourage you to share with others how great Arma 3 looks. Steam has in-build functionality to do this. We would kindly ask of you to note that the media is from an Alpha version whenever you can, to avoid confusion.

Edit:

Sniped by Sniperwolf ^^

Site states it pretty clear, no NDA.

Thanks guys, i dont remeber seeing that art of the FAQ must be selective seeing =)

Damn... Missed this thread and the point in the FAQ before writing Dwarden a pm. The think the license pdf should be updated then if monetization is allowed like with other BI-titles.

Damn... Missed this thread and the point in the FAQ before writing Dwarden a pm. The think the license pdf should be updated then if monetization is allowed like with other BI-titles.

Yeah, we should get an updated one, since Youtube has no knowledge that we are able to monetize from the new Arma 3 game, it just knows that we can monetize from Arma 2 and the previous titles.

the document is going to be taken down ... people fail to read and constantly asking us to send stuff to them, it's gunna be replaced by website sometime in future

Any updates on this website?

Currently its impossible to monetize arma 3 vids once they get flagged for review by the youtube computers.........