Sign in to follow this  
Darkfie1d

[Third Person] Inaccurate Crosshair

Hi,

Sorry if it's an already mentioned issue but I failed to find any solution by searching the forums.

My problem is when I play Arma 2 in FPS mode I get dizzy because there are a lot of shakes and blur going on, and I have this issue for a while. When I go TPS my crosshair is higher than it should be therefore when I fire my weapon the bullet hits much lower than intended.

Is there a way to fix this? I redownloaded the game through steam and checked for the integrity of local files and it didn't help. I'd appreciate it if you could help me with solving this. I have screenshots but the forum rules wont allow me to post them since I created a fresh account only to solve this.

PS: Sorry for my poor English skills it's not my native language.

I don't think there is a fix for inaccurate crosshair in 3rd person view.

But if you dont like "head shakes" in 1st person go to options and disable "Head bob".

I don't think there is a fix for inaccurate crosshair in 3rd person view.

But if you dont like "head shakes" in 1st person go to options and disable "Head bob".

Thanks a lot buddy. :P

to be accurate i think it is intended to use iron sights or weapon scope, or else this becomes hipshooting laser skirmish type of run and gun.

If you like 3rd person and want to get it a little more accurate, changing the viewing position might help you. Try this, play around with the config a little to get different views. I use it for testing sometimes and its really very good, not sure if it will help but worth a try..:)

If you like 3rd person and want to get it a little more accurate, changing the viewing position might help you. Try this, play around with the config a little to get different views. I use it for testing sometimes and its really very good, not sure if it will help but worth a try..:)

Thanks a lot mate.

Just remember in most shooters the round you fire is generated from the center of your screen, while in ArmA it's spawned from the chamber of your weapon, so the projectiles path of flight is different from your view both through the third and the first person camera. Even when you fire using sights and scopes, you can't simply expect perfect accuracy.

-At extreme close ranges, you sometimes have to take the discrepancy between the elevation of the sights and the position of the chamber. While you might be able to see your target over a wall, if your chamber doesn't clear the wall too, you wont hit that target.

-At longer ranges you have to take ballistics and your rifles zeroing into account. As soon as the bullet exit your rifle, gravity instantly affect it's path, which is why sights on a rifle are set up to aim slightly downwards. When you level you sights on your target, the barrel will point slightly upwards and the bullet will them fly in a long upwards arch for the first half of it's flight and then begin to drop until it reaches it's target.

sg33ls.jpg

So when you fire your weapon, you always have to take your weapon's abilities, it's sights and the distance to your target into consideration, before you fire or attempt to spot the dust coulds, sparks, blood spatter to make corrections on the go.

Just remember in most shooters the round you fire is generated from the center of your screen, while in ArmA it's spawned from the chamber of your weapon, so the projectiles path of flight is different from your view both through the third and the first person camera. Even when you fire using sights and scopes, you can't simply expect perfect accuracy.

-At extreme close ranges, you sometimes have to take the discrepancy between the elevation of the sights and the position of the chamber. While you might be able to see your target over a wall, if your chamber doesn't clear the wall too, you wont hit that target.

-At longer ranges you have to take ballistics and your rifles zeroing into account. As soon as the bullet exit your rifle, gravity instantly affect it's path, which is why sights on a rifle are set up to aim slightly downwards. When you level you sights on your target, the barrel will point slightly upwards and the bullet will them fly in a long upwards arch for the first half of it's flight and then begin to drop until it reaches it's target.

http://i46.tinypic.com/sg33ls.jpg

So when you fire your weapon, you always have to take your weapon's abilities, it's sights and the distance to your target into consideration, before you fire or attempt to spot the dust coulds, sparks, blood spatter to make corrections on the go.

But my concern was more about close (range) to midrange, since when I'm running around in TPS and all of a sudden there pops an enemy around a corner and I have to react fast so when I shoot with my crosshair on the head of a soldier the bullet hits around the belly. I know about the gravity since it's one of the many things I like about arma, thanks for the info regardless.