Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Positive Feedback Thread

Everyone chill out and smile! I'm looking forward to it all coming out!! Life is too short to argue and be unhappy go and play A2 and be patient!

Edited by OChristie

@Sniper_Hog. Bohemia Interactive was very pro-active with ArmA 3 until Sept. 9th (when the boys were arrested). The Greece situation was very dicey, we don't know the "actual" politics that went on behind the scenes with the Greek Government and BIS. We do know this: All Public Relations stopped upon the arrest of Ivan and Martin, so the conclusion must be that the seriousness of the situation was great. I'm not going to get into theories here as to why the PR campaign to sell the simulator stopped in September (Politics? Wheeling and dealing with the Greek gov't? etc). But on February 2nd, all is right in the world.... the boys are back and BIS is on the march with their announcement that things are coming soon. The silver lining to this dark cloud is that BIS has had extra time to polish the simulator and make it even better.

Seconded. Clearly there are people who did not and probably will not understand the seriousness of the arrest of I&M.

Sorry for spamming the thread with responses perhaps I should've tied them all in one, but Professionalism??

of what?

Gaming?

And the fact that you would immediately draw a comparison to COD and BF3 says something.

Ofwhich there is nothing wrong with, not everyone is interested in spending 30mins just getting to the AO, although I do.

Some people are casual gamers who have time restrictions and want to maximise their action per minute. (Not trying to start anything with that :) ]

While I find it sort of frustrating to have waited for the game for such a long time, as I pointed out in my post, I still appreciate BIS and the work they do/the priorities they have. And am willing to wait.

And, this forum is not simply a "gaming" forum. It's a COMMUNITY forum. A lot of people here collaborate on a daily basis to bring special content to this game or to help each other enjoy the game more. It's not even professionalism, it's general respect and maturity, if you can't handle conducting yourself like an adult on the forums, then it's not the place for you, because the moderators won't tolerate it. You're entitled to your opinion, so long as your opinion is represented civilly, if you come on the forums and kick and scream like a child who thinks he didn't get enough presents for Christmas you can't expect anyone to treat you like anything more than a child.

I wouldn't get mad at BIS for lack of info quite yet. Let them fully recover from the Greece situation first. Besides, I think that the next news update will be large, and restart the semi regular updates we used to have before.

I would love to say I am happy with the improved movement and animations but it is hard to tell just how much it has changed from just vids. Same goes for the medical, gear and body armour system.

I do really like the amount of variety they seem to be putting into the maps as well. Chernous was a great map but sometimes it felt a bit repetitive.

My comments are dumb (although were not intent on starting flame war or whatever), I can accept that upon reflection.

But it does encase my frustration they weren't intelligent or thought through and really not intended to be just me angry because I have alot of hopes and passion for the game.

I can respect the difficulties the dev's face and that with their limited resources and legal issues.

And although i stand by my distaste for the handling of PR regardless of the legal situation they clearly do care about Arma 3 and have alot of themselves invested in it

Obviously I should've kept those comments to myself - Sorry.

Paying for the game is the best "thanks" i can give ...

I think people are just getting too excited :p

That is the least that you can do if you wanna play the game.

The best you can do is to use it as it was intended. To modify :bigglasses:

The best you can do is to use it as it was intended. To fix it, tweak it and make it enjoyable
fixed it for you :cool:

I want to thank BIS, for not making just another mainstream shooter, for going against the tide, giving the finger to all the big publishers and stand up for themselves!!! :D :yay:

I would like to say thanks, today I read about the decision to go steam exclusive, and I have to say I am pretty excited. Every point in the dev blog post is spot on, I think there are so many good things going to come from this decision.

Looking forward to seeing projects like ACE, ACRE, ASR_AI etc on Steamworks, it will bring a new place for content to be shared and highlighted. And will make it much easier for new players to experience some of the cool work the community has brought to Arma.

I am sad about the concern regarding a community backlash about deciding to use steam, I understand some of the concerns and issues people may have with steam and their policies, but there is no denying the reality that steam has been a positive thing for gaming on the pc, and it will, without a doubt in my mind, be a good business decision not only for BIS, but for end users in the long run.

Anyways, sincere thanks and best wishes, looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

I would like to say thanks, today I read about the decision to go steam exclusive, and I have to say I am pretty excited. Every point in the dev blog post is spot on, I think there are so many good things going to come from this decision.

Looking forward to seeing projects like ACE, ACRE, ASR_AI etc on Steamworks, it will bring a new place for content to be shared and highlighted. And will make it much easier for new players to experience some of the cool work the community has brought to Arma.

I am sad about the concern regarding a community backlash about deciding to use steam, I understand some of the concerns and issues people may have with steam and their policies, but there is no denying the reality that steam has been a positive thing for gaming on the pc, and it will, without a doubt in my mind, be a good business decision not only for BIS, but for end users in the long run.

Anyways, sincere thanks and best wishes, looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

That's what I was really thinking about the most, what will be done in the community after this is all finished. Some things I knew wouldn't be done in the Community made me strongly advise the Dev's to review them. Things like the AI can be a bit more technical than just modding... so that is more of a Engine aspect. I just want to see people keep this innovation going, things like ACE made ArmA 2 a sandbox for simulation. ArmA 3 seems to already have most of that integrated, all we need are things like getting our old school material back. I actually do not 'have' to play with mods on ArmA 3, it looks fun regardless. But to simulate the modern stuff, we need ACE to develop this stuff. It's efficient, and most of the guys are ArmA Vet's.

Edited by DeclaredEvol

I say Thank You for all your hard work/energy and for the amazing sandbox games.

The most important thing is that you support the whole community.