Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Moron of the month

residuum. I refuse to belive that there was any possibility that happened!

well this story is getting better.

the officer in question had 2 other cases of brutaility against him. one against an anti-gang activist who was so severly choked that he was in coma for a few days.

i see a trend here...

And he's only been with the department for three years. Not a very good track record if you ask me...

I'd still like to know what happened before the guy started filming... And no, I don't believe the kid just walked out with a bag of chips and got jumped, like stated in some newspapers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ July 10 2002,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd still like to know what happened before the guy started filming... And no, I don't believe the kid just walked out with a bag of chips and got jumped, like stated in some newspapers.<span id='postcolor'>

early reports claimed that the kid assaulted officer. however, those claims has not been getting enough spotlights either.

and tomorrow morning, the kid and his father is expected to file for violation of federal civil rights. and heard that FBI is starting to investigate this.

and as Mister Frag commented, 3 yrs and 3 accusations. very poor record.

Yeah, the cop is probably an asshole. Or he has just been unlucky.

At any rate, I dont understand how it can be compared to Rodney King. I see quite a difference in the two cases. If I was Rodney, I'd be pissed of at the comparison, considering the beating he recieved.

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 10 2002,05wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One time the police thought me and my friends were "looking in cars" or something and they decided to search us for weapons and take a look at our I.D.s.   Well we went along because we weren't doing anything wrong (well actually we were setting off firecrackers but they didnt know that) but this rather husky female officer patted my groin a few times too many.  I should have sued for 2 million.<span id='postcolor'>

Did you get wood? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Mankind does not like having his testicles grabbed by another man! I didn't like it when I was an altar boy, and I didn't like it last week!"<span id='postcolor'>

__

On a more serious note, I used to be a real metal-head when I was younger (long hair, leather jacket, studs, Slayer T shirt etc.), and me and my friends used to get hassled by the cops basically every time we left our houses. it really turned me against police.

the thing that pissed me off was we never broke the law, it was the nice "clean cut" homeboys in the baseball caps and baggy pants who used to beat up old ladies and slash train seats.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 10 2002,10:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Slayer T shirt<span id='postcolor'>

I saw Slayer at Roskilde two weeks ago smile.gif

Man, did they suck! Although I might have been biased since I really hate metal wink.gif

Hmm, hating metal probably didn't help! tounge.gif

I saw them on the Divine Intervention tour a few years back and they were great (and were supported by Biohazard who were f**king fantastic too! )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 10 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, hating metal probably didn't help!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have a friend who loves metal and he dragged me to two concerts: Slayer and Manowar. While I didn't like the music, I must admit that the shows were pretty impressive smile.gif

LOL, just happen to have been two of my favourite bands back when I was in the scene smile.gif

Anyway, I should let this thread get back on topic...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 10 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree with that. If i haven't done anything wrong, why must i let the cops handcuff me and send me into prision? And if the guy tries to hit the cops they can hit back to defend themselves, but they shouldn't handcuff the guy and then hit him when he can't defend himself. That's very coward.

<span id='postcolor'>

It doesn't matter if you did anything wrong or not. If the police wish to arrest you they can. It is how long that they can detain you that is important. If you did nothing then they have to let you go unless there is evidence that proves otherwise. You have every right to resist arrest, it just means that you wil be tackled/ wristlocked/ armbarred/ OC'd/ tased/ batoned/ hobbled etc... The more agressive your resistance, the more action police will take according to the Use-of-Force continuum that is taught to almost every PD in the U.S. Become too violent and it will warrant deadly force. I'm not sticking up for the cop in Inglewood. Like I said before I have no opinion since I don't know all the facts.<span id='postcolor'>

As i said before, the cops can defend themselves if the suspect attacks them. If i don't want to be arrested i wouldn't try to hit the cop, i would run! I don't know about the USA, but in my country if i don't have a weapon and just run away from the cops they can't hurt me. If they do i can sue them for a lot of cash. They only can try to catch me and ask me politely to come with them.

[sarcasm] Of course, everybody knows that cops never break the law![/sarcasm]

I know very well that lot's of cops are assholes. Spanish police has more asshole cops than any other EU country, but when they hit someone without reason, they are in deep shit very fast (unless they hit an inmigrant, because they almost never tell they have been beaten).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 10 2002,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 10 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree with that. If i haven't done anything wrong, why must i let the cops handcuff me and send me into prision? And if the guy tries to hit the cops they can hit back to defend themselves, but they shouldn't handcuff the guy and then hit him when he can't defend himself. That's very coward.

<span id='postcolor'>

It doesn't matter if you did anything wrong or not. If the police wish to arrest you they can. It is how long that they can detain you that is important. If you did nothing then they have to let you go unless there is evidence that proves otherwise. You have every right to resist arrest, it just means that you wil be tackled/ wristlocked/ armbarred/ OC'd/ tased/ batoned/ hobbled etc... The more agressive your resistance, the more action police will take according to the Use-of-Force continuum that is taught to almost every PD in the U.S. Become too violent and it will warrant deadly force. I'm not sticking up for the cop in Inglewood. Like I said before I have no opinion since I don't know all the facts.<span id='postcolor'>

As i said before, the cops can defend themselves if the suspect attacks them. If i don't want to be arrested i wouldn't try to hit the cop, i would run! I don't know about the USA, but in my country if i don't have a weapon and just run away from the cops they can't hurt me. If they do i can sue them for a lot of cash. They only can try to catch me and ask me politely to come with them.<span id='postcolor'>

In america they probably will call the k9 units to chase you down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ July 10 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 10 2002,14wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 10 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree with that. If i haven't done anything wrong, why must i let the cops handcuff me and send me into prision? And if the guy tries to hit the cops they can hit back to defend themselves, but they shouldn't handcuff the guy and then hit him when he can't defend himself. That's very coward.

<span id='postcolor'>

As i said before, the cops can defend themselves if the suspect attacks them. If i don't want to be arrested i wouldn't try to hit the cop, i would run! I don't know about the USA, but in my country if i don't have a weapon and just run away from the cops they can't hurt me. If they do i can sue them for a lot of cash. They only can try to catch me and ask me politely to come with them.<span id='postcolor'>

In america they probably will call the k9 units to chase you down.<span id='postcolor'>

Which is never pleasant.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 10 2002,18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ July 10 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 10 2002,14<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 10 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree with that. If i haven't done anything wrong, why must i let the cops handcuff me and send me into prision? And if the guy tries to hit the cops they can hit back to defend themselves, but they shouldn't handcuff the guy and then hit him when he can't defend himself. That's very coward.

<span id='postcolor'>

In america they probably will call the k9 units to chase you down.<span id='postcolor'>

Which is never pleasant.<span id='postcolor'>

I like dogs a lot, but i sure as hell wouldn't like a big dog biting my ass  sad.gif

Hey USSoldier11B, what does "OC'd" mean?

BTW mods, i've asked you 3 times now. Who changed my member title to "pubic envenomation"!!??

Pfff....the cops over here are the exact opposite.

If you kill two kids and hide them in your freezer you get a slap on the wrist. I wish that cops over here would beat a criminal up every now and then. Makes tham think twice before they do anything again.

Of course, we don't know whether the boy was guilty so he's a 'suspect', not a criminal.

Two things:

First, why was a VERY INTERESTING gas station being filmed? Is it that imporatant to bring a video camera to a gas station? Do you do that?

Second, SCREW THE MEDIA. They are already labeling this a RASCIST THING. You wouldn't believe how many newspapers said a "black boy was beaten with white officers all around him." If this isn't media manipulation, what is? There were at least two Hispanics and a Black officer standing right next to him.

Third, THE LIBERAL MEDIA AND THE EL AL AIRLINE. A MUSLIM man walked in with the sole purpose to kill Jews, and he killed two and shot 6 more. We KNOW this was a hate crime. However, we have tapes available, the liberal media isn't showing those! They arn't talking about hate cimes against the Jews! It was a one hour issue! It happened, then it didn't exist anymore. It simply didn't exist. Never happened. Now a NON INCIDENT happened, and the liberals are all over it, calling it a hate crime. We don't have any reason to believe it was a hate crime. We have reason to believe that a man walked in the El Al airlines with the intent to kill Jews, but the media isn't reporting that. They arn't showing THOSE tapes. They are pretending it never happened. Guess what, the FBI hasn't even investigated the El Al, they don't know what gun he had, what his intent was, whether he EVEN HAD A GUN, or whether it was liscensed or not. Hey, maybe the Jews shot themselves! But when a non issue comes up, they jump all over it. They are now investigating it. And guess what, his wife is saying he didn't do it! What a load of crap!

Let me get this straight, a man walks in with the INTENT TO KILL Jews, the liberal media hags don't care, pretend it never happened, never existed, they have the tapes, the don't show them. But as soon as an african american, "developmentally disabled" (read: dumbass) person does something really stupid and lashes out at an officer, and he maybe retaliates with a little too much force, the liberals jump all over it, calling it and "outrage," "racial profiling," you know the deal.

WAKE UP AMERICA! LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO YOU!  mad.gif

[/rant]

Nobody of any intelligence likes or respects the media. In fact, after 9-11 I was jokingly saying that the 1st plane was an accident and the second was the medias doing to turn it into a huge incident -- which it became.

I know this is ludicrous but it's also half believeable. And thats sad. The media WOULD want to skew the situation that badly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 10 2002,18:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW mods, i've asked you 3 times now. Who changed my member title to "pubic envenomation"!!??<span id='postcolor'>

And it was answered, try being more observant.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ July 10 2002,13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

"developmentally disabled" (read: dumbass)

</Snip><span id='postcolor'>

Benze, it seems to me that YOU are the dumbass here.

There are stupid people who should know better, and there are those with mental handicaps. You are the former. mad.gif

There is a difference being a dumbass and "developmentally disabled;" he is not mentally retarted, he is stupid. The prosecuters are trying to say that he is mentally retarted, which he clearly is not, one of their little things to help their case is that they are trying to say that because he is stupid, it wasn't his fault for swinging at the officers. Which is rediculous. I mean no disrespect for mentally disabled, but this boy is not, he plain old fashioned DUMB.