Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Moron of the month

Here is a fucker who doesn't know what his uniform and badge stands for. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

INGLEWOOD, California (AP) -- A police officer was suspended Monday after he was shown on a videotape slamming a handcuffed teenager onto the back of a car and striking him during an arrest.

"What occurred within the video is extremely disturbing to the Inglewood Police Department and to the administrators of the city," police Lt. Eve Irvine said.

An investigation will try to uncover what happened before the bystander began taping the arrest at a gas station Saturday, Irvine said.

An attorney for the family of Donovan Jackson, 16, said the teen was seated on the ground before officers began hitting him.

Before the tape began, Irvine said the teen had lunged at a deputy and a physical altercation occurred. Investigators collected images from gas station surveillance cameras, Irvine said.

The family's attorney, Joe Hopkins, said he had doubts that Jackson was "emotionally capable of doing what they say he did."

Inglewood Officer Jeremy Morse, a three-year veteran, was suspended with pay. Three other officers were at the gas station but were not relieved of duty.

The Inglewood police officers were assisting two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies who were investigating a car that had an expired vehicle registration. Driver Koby Chavis, 41, who is Jackson's father, was cited for driving with a suspended license.

The deputies and police "became involved in an altercation" with a 16-year-old passenger in the car, Spear said.

The videotape, taken by a tourist from a motel across the street, shows the prone teenager hoisted to his feet by Morse and slammed onto the rear trunk of a police car. The officer put a hand on the back of the teenager's neck, slugged him with his other hand and then appeared to choke him. Two officers appeared to intervene, with at least one trying to pull away the first officer's arm.

"I don't think that he was resisting. I mean, there were five cops," Mitch Crooks, the Sacramento man who made the tape, told KNBC-TV. "The guy picked him up like he was a doll and slammed him on the car, and he wasn't resisting at that point. They already had him in custody."

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 09 2002,04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Inglewood Officer Jeremy Morse, a three-year veteran, was suspended with pay. Three other officers were at the gas station but were not relieved of duty.

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Oh my god thats soo stupid. He was suspended with pay... mad.gif If u ask me i think most of the LAPD is corrupted. No offense Ralph/LA. Just a sick sick sick world we live in... sad.gif

Yeah, the guy lost his temper. Do you know how hard it is to be calm 100% of the time working in law enforcement? Yes, the officer needs to be charged and taken off duty. He messed up, so he's got to pay for it.

Oh, Ralph, mods are gonna ream you for putting profanity in a topic title. sad.gif

ouch..thanx for pointing that out 11B..guess mods will do the editting for me...*sigh*

but I did get carried away with that idiot because even 10 yrs after LA Riot that this is still on-going.

edit: removed irrelevant opinion about LAPD. LAPD is not involved in this. Inglewood PD is. Thanks for Mister Frag for pointing the error

smile.gif

Anyone who's watched the footage might have noticed that the officer in question had a bloody cut above his left ear and spat out some blood before he slams the suspect onto the trunk of the patrol car.

He got whacked in the head pretty good before the camera was turned on, and I am sure that has something to do with the officer's unpleasant attitude.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 09 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, the guy lost his temper. Do you know how hard it is to be calm 100% of the time working in law enforcement? Yes, the officer needs to be charged and taken off duty. He messed up, so he's got to pay for it.

Oh, Ralph, mods are gonna ream you for putting profanity in a topic title. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've seen the video and its just a beating of a boy in handcuffs. Not very proffesional whatever the situation.

What would Dr. King say?

Ummm...didn't I pretty much say that his behavior was unprofessional and that he needed to be punished accordingly? If Mister Frag is correct, then the officer is acting within the use-of-force continuum by countering active agression with Hard empty hand techniques. (reffering to actual U.S. police doctrine)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 09 2002,05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ummm...didn't I pretty much say that his behavior was unprofessional and that he needed to be punished accordingly? If Mister Frag is correct, then the officer is acting within the use-of-force continuum by countering active agression with Hard empty hand techniques. (reffering to actual U.S. police doctrine)<span id='postcolor'>

Your not defending it surely?

the LAPD is corrupt, and every one knows it, no offenese to anyone who is in the force or knows someone in it. LA is a great city, i actually want to go to college at UCLA.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your not defending it surely?

<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely not! I'm speaking purely hypothically. I neither support nor oppose. It's not fair for me to judge when I don't know all the facts.

We are actually talking about the City of Inglewood and their police department, which are separate from the LAPD.

the subtle point of this case is whether the attack of 16ye old justified beating. it is clear that 16yr old attacked officer, but how much of that justify that physical lock-up after handcuff is put on?

the 16yr old was already handcuffed and was prone on ground, and putting him on top of trunk was a bit harsh, but hitting him on head after that? seems a bit to harsh to me.

anyway, onething for sure.

Al Sharpton will make his speech about this tomorrow morning, and will be in LA by afternoon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ July 08 2002,10:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are actually talking about the City of Inglewood and their police department, which are separate from the LAPD.<span id='postcolor'>

true, but whenever i here LA, i think of their police department, and plus, i just felt like bashing somthing wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 08 2002,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, and Inglewood is a very rough part of town. Just like Compton.<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone who thinks the LAPD or Inglewood police departments are bad would have been shocked by what was going on in Compton. Frankly, I'm surprised it never made the news.

The situation was so bad that the City of Compton decided to disband the entire city police department, and contract with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department for law enforcement services. You'll hear different reasons for this, depending on who you talk to, but I know officers in several local law enforcement agencies, and those guys where taken aback by some of the things that happened in Compton.

i remember that...If I remember correctly, it was because of money problem....

but could be different, as you said.

These cops make me mad.I remeber seeing these cops do alot of bad things that pissed me off. mad.gif

I'm glad I don't live in the states...some of the cops in Australia are assholes, but not this bad!

And this was when sombody had a camera on... How many more times does these things happen when no cameras are around sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Marge Simpson: You know, the courts might not work any more, but as long as everybody is videotaping everyone else, justice will be done.

<span id='postcolor'>

On a side note, this was a brilliant example of how journalists can mess up and change the actual event in the news they release.

Sweden has two major online newspapers. Both featuring the story, with video aswell.

Now, both sites managed to report that the suspect was slammed into the hood of the car, while in fact it is the trunk. Minor thing though.

One of them took it two steps further by stating that...

1. A second policeman struck the kid in the head.

2. No action has been taken against any of the policemen.

Now, if I hadnt read it on CNN first I might have viewed it in a different light, all because some journalist didnt bother to watch the movie he uploaded and linked and didnt bother to check his facts.

Its still bad, but false reporting can make any situation worse.

He got suspended with pay.

So basically if any officer wants a vacation, go beat the shit out of a teenager.

But seriously, none of us were there. The media can distort events VERY easily. I'm not gonna judge these guys, or the teen, until I know ALL the facts.

well, it's morning here, and this story is just getting funnier.

new article from CNN

I saw the video last night on local television, and have no doubt in my mind that officer acted well beyond reasonable acceptable action.

but the boy and father is now going too far with this. they think they are something. mad.gif

excuse me, but how the hell did that officer get cuts and etc. if the boy didn't attack? and seriously, what kinda officer would say 'nigger' to a black in prominently black community? and to top it off, the boy and his father claims they were singled out becuase of race. total bullshit. there would have been 20 more blacks around.

the father's car had expired registration, and won't that alert authorities? I think that father and his boy is now going cock-headed due to all the media attention they are getting now.

p.s. thanx to mods for changing thread topic word choice. smile.gif