antoineflemming

Takistani Armed Forces 2035 v0.6b

If you want I can get you the Gail ARM to work ingame from the mlod :)

Some of them can use backpacks, but they are ArmA2 units, so the backpacks aren't visible. Understand this. This addon is not complete, hence the BETA tag. Real life keeps me busy, so I won't be able to address all of your wants. As for the proxies, that is not high on my list of priorities right now, mainly because I don't have a whole lot of free time. When I've got more time, then I will address that. But I don't know a whole lot about MLODs and proxies, so I've got to learn it first. I will not be including RobertHammer's HK416 pack or Vilas West/Latin American Weapons pack in my addon. Three addons is NOT a lot of requirements. People are willing to download ACE-only addons and missions that have a list of requirements. Three won't kill you. And it's not likely to change from the 3 required addons.

@NeuroFunker: I've just got a basic Infantry replacement right now (no weapon changes, just unit models). Probably next week I will start to work on other unit models (so it's not just the same one model being used).

The Galil Arm should be in there also.

Edit: nevermind

Edited by Sakai

UPDATE!!! First post is updated!

Changelog:

v0.9.3b

-Added: Ka-60 to Air class

-Added: More groups (mechanized, some include helicopters)

-Updated: Changed vehicle, aircraft, and ship camo pattern to hexacam

-Updated: IMI TAR-21 MARS GL replaces M4A1 HWS GL (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

-Updated: IMI Galil ARM now replaces RPK; MG3 replaces PK (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

So, I've been dabbling with O2 and vilas' mlods. For some reason I can't get it to work. But I am attempting to add backpacks and such for these guys. So at some point these guys will be updated to oa standard.

For anyone still interested in this addon, is there anyone who is particularly skilled with making models in O2? Because, my end goal for TAF2035 is for the infantry to have uniforms simioar to the Iranians in ArmA3, meaning an integrated helmet and possibly some kind of body suit under the uniform. I'm at a stage where I'm pretty much finished with the vehicles, aircraft, and ships, and so am going to shift focus back to the infantry. For the next update, which will put this addon into full release and out of beta, expect a finished infantry (so pilot, crew, and commander models different than regular infantry), artillery and other support pieces, and some updated screens showing off everything. It may be a while before version 1.0 is released though.

The plan for after 1.0 includes a couple WIP projects from other addon makers. I plan to utilize Feint's underwater diving when/if that's ever completed. I'd also like to use the WIP UGV addon as well. But that's probably a couple months down the road.

Lastly, is there someone here who can make those really awesome screens with no hud elements and maxed out graphics and such? If so, do you mind taking some screens of your favorite blufor going up against these guys?

Hey man, are you still working on these guys? I love using them in my missions and pretending that they are Iran lol. (Im a big fan of OPFOR!)

Just wanted to say thanks for making them and hope you give them more hi-tech gear in the future.

Maybe when ARMA 3 comes out you can convert them over and they will be another OPFOR faction with Iran OR maybe you can turn them into the "Syrian Armed Forces" since I think Iran and Syria are both using the same technology.

Yeah, I'm still working on them. But real-life's been busy as of late. And I'm trying to get permission to release a reskin of Meatball0311's MARSOC units so that these Takistanis have someone to fight. Once I get some more free time, I'll start back work on these guys. Gonna try to get a new pilot model for them. Unfortunately there won't be any progress on them having visible backpacks unless someone's got OA-ready models that I can use. If I get a whole lot of time, I'll try to figure out the whole mlod thing again, but for now I'll just make sure all the takistanis can carry backpacks (although they will be invisible). When ArmA III comes out, or if we can mod the Alpha, I'll make a reskin of the Iranian units. If there are some plain mich helmets then I'll use those for the Takistanis. Of course for A3 I'll give them different colored camouflage (probably some that more closely matches Capraia. I will also make some Russians (the idea being that the iranian uniforms and gear are russian-designed) and an international SF addon. I'll also give blufor the matv (looks like the us will be transitioning to the oshkosh matv. We are using the mrap right now).

• Thanks 1

Awesome! I took some pictures with the graphics maxed out, you can use them if you want lol.

arma2oa_2013_02_15_14_40_08_89.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_16_18_55_40_02.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_15_16_11_07_04.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_16_18_09_09_68.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_15_16_11_07_04.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_16_22_59_42_22.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_15_15_19_20_11.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_16_17_56_53_41.jpg

arma2oa_2013_02_16_23_17_08_11.jpg

Just got round to trying these out, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Especially the new camo. They could do with some more modern vehicles though. The UAZ has been around since the early 70's, so it might be an idea to give them the armed landrovers instead. Maybe even the ACR SOV variant too. The Vodnik would also probably fit in nicely too (including the ambulance variant since they lack medevac vehicles at the moment). As for airpower, maybe the L-159 ALCA, Su-34 and the Ka-52 would be a nice addition.

Well done :)

How do i replace BIS Takistani units with this?

On 16/02/2013 at 4:07 AM, antoineflemming said:

Yeah, I'm still working on them. But real-life's been busy as of late. And I'm trying to get permission to release a reskin of Meatball0311's MARSOC units so that these Takistanis have someone to fight. Once I get some more free time, I'll start back work on these guys. Gonna try to get a new pilot model for them. Unfortunately there won't be any progress on them having visible backpacks unless someone's got OA-ready models that I can use. If I get a whole lot of time, I'll try to figure out the whole mlod thing again, but for now I'll just make sure all the takistanis can carry backpacks (although they will be invisible). When ArmA III comes out, or if we can mod the Alpha, I'll make a reskin of the Iranian units. If there are some plain mich helmets then I'll use those for the Takistanis. Of course for A3 I'll give them different colored camouflage (probably some that more closely matches Capraia. I will also make some Russians (the idea being that the iranian uniforms and gear are russian-designed) and an international SF addon. I'll also give blufor the matv (looks like the us will be transitioning to the oshkosh matv. We are using the mrap right now).

Hello, it's been a while since you posted last, is this mod still being worked on or forgotten?