antoineflemming

Takistani Armed Forces 2035 v0.6b

I went into the editor and looked at it close up and they do look a little wide at the sides but oh well, who cares really. The guys still look really cool imo.

In the next update do you think you can equip the infantry with NVG's? Would be helpful when using them during night ops. Are you going to add Special Forces units and stuff as well?

Is that simply giving them nvgs? Don't the vanilla Takistanis have them? Ok, will work on that. By the way, I'm almost ready for another update (Ships, L-39Z, no groups yet). Got a question for anyone here. Anyone know if the L-39Z has hiddenSelections? If so, then how? Because it's not working so far.

Much better. Btw vanilla Takistani soldiers don't have NVG's.

The helmets are okay, but the thing that's slightly wrong I think is that they are green. So it doesn't exactly go with the rest of the outfit. Because the uniform theme is kinda brownish, maybe a tan/beige helmet would look more appropriate.

I was just thinking if it was possible to have a Ka-60 helicopter for this side. The one the PMC has. It's Russian, and it's barely been used in any addon. That would be interesting.

The helmets are okay, but the thing that's slightly wrong I think is that they are green. So it doesn't exactly go with the rest of the outfit. Because the uniform theme is kinda brownish, maybe a tan/beige helmet would look more appropriate.

I was just thinking if it was possible to have a Ka-60 helicopter for this side. The one the PMC has. It's Russian, and it's barely been used in any addon. That would be interesting.

I'll add it at some point. And it'd make sense timeline-wise, because the Iranian faction in ArmAIII also uses the KA-60. I just need to get this L-39 working and then I'll move on to that.

The camo is really good, it dissolves the contours of the vehicles exceptionally well, due to the high contrast. However, judging from your pictures, it might become even better if it was a tad lighter overall. I know you aim to adjust it to the hex camo in the Arma3 pictures, but mind that the lighting engine has been changed from A2 to A3, so it might appear differently. Best reference is always the environment, and since you want these units to work on Takistan and Capraia, I'd check how well they fit into that environment. Notice how in the Arma3 pictures, the camos fit quite good to the surroundings (which also appear relatively dark, again I can't tell if that is due to the new lighting engine or map dependent). EDIT: Look, here is a picture from the top, which is lighter due to different lighting, notice how it fits to the ground textures: http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/107410/1be7ffc65b4bfddb8dbe27109a3b8e9225e5c663.jpg

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Maybe you could assume that Takistan has been delivered a batch of plain green helmets without textile cover from one of their allies. Then ask yourself what they would do with it. A textile cover would involve modelling work, so that is out of the question. But instead of changing the color completely to sand (as if it was manufatured from a sand-colored material), I'd try to let it look like the soldiers spray-painted the helmets in a not so accurate way. Similarly to today's ISAF soldiers in Afghanistan, where often helmets are used without textile cover but instead spray-painted with sand color, given some kind of camo pattern by spraying a darker color though some rough mesh screen at some areas, or some dots. Add a bunch of scratches and it looks quite realistic and doesn't have a sterile off-the-shelf look.

Anyone know if the L-39Z has hiddenSelections? If so, then how? Because it's not working so far.

Camo01 and Camo02

Standard hiddenSelection names.

well, I tried them out and I love them. Helmets are good, but little bit too wide as you said, I think my soldiers are wearing pot :D

well, I tried them out and I love them. Helmets are good, but little bit too wide as you said, I think my soldiers are wearing pot :D

Yeah I agree, could be made a little smallish. :)

Yeah I agree, could be made a little smallish. :)

Nothing he can really do about the mickey mouse soldier's they are vilas's models after all.

Which ofc is a splendid job Im just saying he can't change the size of the helmets

UPDATE!!! Check the first post!

Changelog:

v0.7.2b

-Added: Ships class

-Added: L-39 to Air class

-Updated: Lightened vehicle camo textures

-Updated: Armed Forces helmets' now olive color to match uniforms

Ship_tk_2035 requires pook pbr ?

Yeah, just updated the first post. Forgot to mention that very important part. The ships are reskins of hcpookie's ship addon. So they require that addon. It's a neat addon (mine laying), so it's pretty useful. Sorry for the slip up.

Looks very nice, :) could you post the classlist? I would add the content as optional addon for my mission.

Yeah, just updated the first post. Forgot to mention that very important part. The ships are reskins of hcpookie's ship addon. So they require that addon. It's a neat addon (mine laying), so it's pretty useful. Sorry for the slip up.

Just as a headsup hcpookie, did release the MLODS for his Naval pack. You could also just create your own version so its a separate addon. Otherwise great pack, its a welcome addition to the OPFOR

Just as a headsup hcpookie, did release the MLODS for his Naval pack. You could also just create your own version so its a separate addon. Otherwise great pack, its a welcome addition to the OPFOR

Or I could just include his 2 pbo files in my addon... Same thing either way. Thing is, it's not just the models. It's the whole dropping mines thing to. So that's why you need his addons. I should have clarified that.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Looks very nice, :) could you post the classlist? I would add the content as optional addon for my mission.

I'll add that to the first post.

This is a pretty awesome Add On. If I may make a suggestion, as well. Pkzbad is on the right track, but I think you should go further. Why are they still using FALs and M-16s? I say go farther: Give them SCARs. http://i47.tinypic.com/2n8ufwh.png I think it's a pretty good fit. Also, the KA-52 would look awesome in that camo pattern, as well.

Scar's on them when they are supplied by Russia, Iraq and other stuff? That would of make no sense lol

This is a pretty awesome Add On. If I may make a suggestion, as well. Pkzbad is on the right track, but I think you should go further. Why are they still using FALs and M-16s? I say go farther: Give them SCARs. http://i47.tinypic.com/2n8ufwh.png I think it's a pretty good fit. Also, the KA-52 would look awesome in that camo pattern, as well.

I'm working on using the Ka-50, but the textures coming out way too dark. You can actually see it in the screenshot on the first page (the screen with the Mi-17).

Scar's on them when they are supplied by Russia, Iraq and other stuff? That would of make no sense lol

I don't see why. FN is a Belgian company, so I'm sure if down the road (remember this is 2035) if the Takistani's were interested in the SCAR and had the money for it something could be worked out. Personally though I wouldn't use the SCAR"s, I would use something like the AEK, AK-74 or even something like the AUG. Just to mix things up.

I don't see why. FN is a Belgian company, so I'm sure if down the road (remember this is 2035) if the Takistani's were interested in the SCAR and had the money for it something could be worked out. Personally though I wouldn't use the SCAR"s, I would use something like the AEK, AK-74 or even something like the AUG. Just to mix things up.

FN FAL was the revolution of weaponry back in 1954's, mostly WHOLE world has this gun, it was called the "Weapon of Freedom" or something else I do not remember how it was, It was produced not only in Belgium but as well 10 other countries, it was one of the most popular and reliable weapon back in 1950's, everyone wanted one, it was cheap as well.

FN FAL was the revolution of weaponry back in 1954's, mostly WHOLE world has this gun, it was called the "Weapon of Freedom" or something else I do not remember how it was, It was produced not only in Belgium but as well 10 other countries, it was one of the most popular and reliable weapon back in 1950's, everyone wanted one, it was cheap as well.

I was referring to the SCAR, the SCAR is made by FN as well. I believe the FAL was called, "The Right Arm of the Free World" :)

Belgium is a Western nation. They wouldn't want a Western-made weapon. I'm leaning towards getting them Tavors to replace the M16s and the Galil to replace the FN FAL. Yeah, they are Israeli weapons, but judging by ARMAIII, looks like the Iranians make copycat versions so the Takistanis get their weapons from them. Not exactly future weapons, but oh well.

wouldnt even be far fetched to give them the chinese made qbz bullpup's, or correct me if im wrong i forgot the actual name of them im going by memory a bullpup called the vepr?