antoineflemming

Takistani Armed Forces 2035 v0.6b

Published in spanish on the CAA forum.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

wouldnt even be far fetched to give them the chinese made qbz bullpup's, or correct me if im wrong i forgot the actual name of them im going by memory a bullpup called the vepr?

I thought the Vepr was Russian. Hmmm, learn something new every day. I'm just going to go with the Tavor for now. Also trying to see if I can get the GAZ Tigr, btw.

Scar's on them when they are supplied by Russia, Iraq and other stuff? That would of make no sense lol

Locally made knock offs, it is 2035, after all. TAKISCARS. :P

Helmets look better now.

Guns: For me it's Galil and Type 95 (Chinese).

There are two different rifles called "VEPR". There is the VEPR line of standard AK rifles made from Tula (?) which uses the heavy RPK style receiver. There is also the Ukraine Vepr bullpup which is simply an AK-74 bullpup conversion.

There's also the AK-103, a modern rifle that's in use in several middle eastern countries. That might be worth a look too.

Vilas made an AK-12 in his last eastern weapon pack, also, ACE added the AEK series, wich can be also found on armaholic.

well since takistan has beel left by the american in the arma-verse ( look at the PMC campaign ), i suppose some unit with western weapons would be okay, but only from the 2012 era.

This is meant to really just be a reskin addon. I don't have the time to create a new model. I'm going with RobertHammer's TAR-21 frpm his HK416 pack so that will also be required for this addon. That and hcpookie's ships and naval mines pack. They are both great addons anyway.

Pretty cool concept and addon. I really like the helmet's on the characters, they look a lot better than the default TK army helmets.

Galil and Tavor sound excellent. I suggested this in another Takistani related project awhile ago and got the whole "blah blah why would they use a zionist weapon" speech.

Will you be using the Galil ARM for the Automatic Rifleman class?

Galil and Tavor sound excellent. I suggested this in another Takistani related project awhile ago and got the whole "blah blah why would they use a zionist weapon" speech.

Will you be using the Galil ARM for the Automatic Rifleman class?

As for now I'm holding off of the Galil. One reason is, I need something to replace the M16 with GL for the Takistanis. I've got nothing so far, and just replaced all the FN FALs with the Tavor, since most of the Takistanis use the FN FAL, AND since I want the Tavor to be the standard weapon. I might give the officers, squad leaders, commander, and crewman the Galil though.

About the Galil ARM. I'd like to, but I'm no modeller, at least not for ArmA2. So all I'm doing is using other peoples' weapon addons, with permission, and changing textures where I need to. So unless someone's actually made the Galil ARM for ArmA2, I don't think I can use that. Currently, they've just got the PKMs and RPKs as the mass casualty-producing weapons.

Two things to keep everyone up-to-date. I'm not sure when I will release the next update. It might be tomorrow evening (around this time, which is nighttime for me), or it might not be this week at all. I'm really busy with real-life so we'll see.

Planned for the next update is the following (much of this is already completed):

-Fixed: pbr_grey1.paa "missing" error

-Fixed: Units now have NVGs

-Updated: Camo pattern colors tweaked

-Added: IMI TAR-21 replaces the FN FAL (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

-Added: GAZ Tigr to Cars class

I'm debating whether to include the GAZ Tigr. One, I haven't heard back from the creators on whether they are ok with me using it. Two, it's woefully not up to ArmA2 standards (especially the normal map, the rvmat, and the interior texturing, not to mention the vehicle's treated like armor, is near impossible to damage, and has the wrong positioning for it's "commander"/gunner). It doesn't look that great in-game due to the lighting either. So, I might just do without it.

About the IMI TAR-21 that comes with RobertHammer's HK416 Pack. Would you rather me just point you to the Armaholic page or would you want me to include the pack in my addon?

Edited by antoineflemming

you know the mg3 or mg42 isnt a far off solution as far as a squad support pakistan and im sure even iran has a few.

Really cool addon, love the camo texture...

What are you considering in form of marksmans rifle and sniper rifles...?

And are you considering a ghillie suit in the camo texture...

About the Galil ARM. I'd like to, but I'm no modeller, at least not for ArmA2. So all I'm doing is using other peoples' weapon addons, with permission, and changing textures where I need to. So unless someone's actually made the Galil ARM for ArmA2, I don't think I can use that. Currently, they've just got the PKMs and RPKs as the mass casualty-producing weapons.

Im sure Vilas made an Galil ARM and released it as MLOD, im at work so not able to check my files.

About the IMI TAR-21 that comes with RobertHammer's HK416 Pack. Would you rather me just point you to the Armaholic page or would you want me to include the pack in my addon?

I would suggest that pointing to the addon at Armaholic, unless you have permission from RobertHammer to pack his addon in your pack.

So unless someone's actually made the Galil ARM for ArmA2

Check out Vilas' new mlod pack, there's a Galil ARM and a Galil AR

mg3... im sure even iran has a few.

They have quite a few indeed. Produced under local license.

I think adding the GAZ Tigr is a good idea. It's 2013, America will probably have something better than Humvees, so Takistan really needs something similar to the Humvee at least.

Personally I wouldn't use TAR 21 because it's Israeli bullpup and Takistan is islamic republic and as you probably know, Israelis and Arabic countries don't like each other too much

Yeah, I was pretty sure Vilas had the Galil ARM in a weapons pack somewhere. MG3 would be an even better idea as a replacement for the MG though.

Personally I wouldn't use TAR 21 because it's Israeli bullpup and Takistan is islamic republic and as you probably know, Israelis and Arabic countries don't like each other too much

It's not unheard of though buying a license for a weapon and producing it yourself, making it your own, like egypt made their own version of the AK, a communist rifle in a muslim country doesnt matter, but we'll leave it there.

It's not unheard of though buying a license for a weapon and producing it yourself, making it your own, like egypt made their own version of the AK, a communist rifle in a muslim country doesnt matter, but we'll leave it there.

I kinda agree with what skiline5 said, it makes it look... Weird

It's from the Iranians, who make a copy of the Israeli version in ArmAIII's 2035 timeline. Oh, and Iran isn't an Islamic Republic anymore in that time. They are secular like Turkey. So Takistan is the same way.

Hey man, I have always loved the chopper KA-50 Hokum which would looks awesome reskined and in this pack.

Any possibilities to add it please? Thanks .. :)