Sign in to follow this  
DanteAlcatraz

Reaching out to the modding society, I have an idea for a Mod :)

Hey I have no idea if this is the right place to offer an idea. But here's an idea... In recent years I've noticed that (of course) games have become more demanding of pc's. So here's my idea. I love zombie games, however there aren't a whole lot of zombie games out there that are that good. I mean you've got left 4 dead kind of games where shooting the zombies is a major part of the game, then you've got dead island where both killing the zombies and surviving are a part of the game. AND THEN You've got a mod for Arma 2 called Day Z and that is absolutely the pinnacle of zombie games, where the goal is to survive, keep yourself and everyone else in good shape, build barricades, etc. etc. you get it.

Well unfortunately I cannot play Day Z not only for the lack of money but also the lack of computer specs which is due to the lack of money. So here's the main part of my idea, how about instead of trying to develop new zombie games, trying to perfect the zombie games, wasting billions of dollars... you just mod an older game like Battlefield 2. It's not demanding of your computer at all and the maps are already pretty big. You just edit what you already have and add a scenario. It would be great to see a Day Z (like) mod for lower end computers so that its playable to even us smaller guys.

Welp theres my pitch, hope you like it.

I guess this will get closed pretty fast...

To answer you question: You can´t just pick a random game and make it a zombie survival game.

I guess this will get closed pretty fast...

Why should it? It's not about ArmA 2 mod/addon request, it is in OT section....can stay for a while i guess. ;)

I do agree about the fact that every year almost all new released games become more demanding on your hardware. Mostly because of game companies think that good graphics means good game with high sales. They can then sell their game with awesome looking maxed out graphics trailers and screenshots (look how great our game is), while the masses do not buy or upgrade their PC every year. The result is that many people buy games that meet the advertised system requirements of their rig, but in practice find out they have to play it on the lowest possible ugly looking settings just to be able to play the game with decent fps. It also bugs me that when a new game comes out, the older version of the game becomes dead right away and nobody plays it anymore, there are so many great games that I wish people would still play it online, but once a new part comes out everyone jumps on the new version like the older version is crap and should not be played anymore. Not talking about ArmA btw, ArmA is an odd fish in the sea of gaming :)

you just mod an older game like Battlefield 2. It's not demanding of your computer at all and the maps are already pretty big. You just edit what

you already have and add a scenario. It would be great to see a Day Z (like) mod for lower end computers so that its playable to even us smaller guys.

Well if its a mod for BF2, then your on the wrong forums, but if your speaking in general, then its an idea, problem is you can just go and pick any

old game and just build a mod for it, mods are more complex and time consuming then you think.

One thing to keep in mind is that some old games dont have any tools to edit with, so building a mod is out of the question, all depends on the game.

If a game did have tools, and there were mods for it already just not the one your looking for then as said modding is very time consuming, just building

a zombie model itself takes some time,

Let alone you dont want them all looking the same, then you need to move into different areas where you'll need to ask questions like:

So who will be the one killing these zombies, what guns, is there a story to this, how do you play it, are there vehicles, where do you start, is it sp or mp, or coop,

how many zombies, how many characters, how many guns, what other features are their, i mean if its survival then what happens when you get cut, or bit.

Ideas are plentiful, but the work is to be desired.

I remember seeing a zombie mod for BF2. But its just those simple mod where it just throws in practically "unarmed guys with knives" coming at you and you just kill them.

But why in heaven's name would a modder who has taken the time / energy / blood / sweat / tears to learn one game engine in his or her spare time, and who has ambitions and preferences of his / her own, decide to go off an start from square one in a game that he / she possibly doesn't even play, creating content for something he / she possibly isn't even interested in? I wonder what percentage of the requests in our own addon request thread, even small ones, get made? The chances of this getting even a nibble from someone capable of making this mod are so close to zero that it's not even worth mentioning. A better idea would be to post it in the community forums for the game engines that the OP can *ACTUALLY* run.