Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Interested in getting america's army?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 05 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm downloading recon now. Still an hour to go...

What kind of connections do you have guys? Mine can download only at 25k/s and it's about the best connection you can have in Spain without spending too much cash...<span id='postcolor'>

Awiiiee!!! That's so sad!

I love spanish people. I love Spain. I love spanish food. Everything is so YUM! about Spain.

Spain should top it all off with the fastest internet in the world. Faster than Sweden, more sophisticated than German and more connected than Canada.

Hmpf...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 04 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm downloading recon now. Still an hour to go...

What kind of connections do you have guys? Mine can download only at 25k/s and it's about the best connection you can have in Spain without spending too much cash...

I'm not a gun expert, but i guess that if you are shooting from your right shoulder, the recoil will make the gun go up and a bit to the right...<span id='postcolor'>

It does, up&to the right.

When firing the M-249 it´s impossible to stay on target when firing standing unsupported position without steering the mouse constantly against the recoil movement(you can go prone and extent the bipod for good accuracy).

For connection i have DSL 128/768, but cannot play the game online currently, because i can´t register.

How stupid is this?

The last Basic training mission, a MOUT exercise, must be done online with other players. Seems like a good idea, until you see that all the MOUT servers are full AND lagged all to hell, and when you see the incredible idiocy of the chat going on on Gamespy, it may just drive you away from the game for good.

What does MOUT mean? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Awiiiee!!! That's so sad!

I love spanish people. I love Spain. I love spanish food. Everything is so YUM! about Spain.

Spain should top it all off with the fastest internet in the world. Faster than Sweden, more sophisticated than German and more connected than Canada.

Hmpf...<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehehe yeah, we could use a bit more bandwidth here. My country is great don't ya think? That's why all that English and German guys come to Benidorm and Islas Baleares. Sun, beach, good food, cheap beer biggrin.gif

Yea i was a little disappointed in the MOUT exercise. I never even got to do it. And those guys in the gamespy chat room...omg....They are all freaking morons who spam. I think im going to wait till all the heat dies down from those servers.. cause some are running 1000 pings! Also they need more MOUT excercises servers. The one or ones they have keep moving around and disconnecting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 04 2002,22:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MOUT stands for Military Operations in Urban Terrain<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you tex, i was too lazy to read what they put ingame...

Would someone mind telling me how the hell you complete that one obsticle in the obsticle course where you have to "Climb up the wall, accross the beams and down the net"? I'm seriously getting PISSED at my CO. mad.gif

I'm done with this game, it's lagging like shit in single player with low everything...in fact the graphics are so low now that the ground is purple, the trees look like they have Christmas ornaments on them, and the Sergent looks like a low polygon Playstation 1 model with choppy animations.

To Aculaud: What I did was after I jump the wall I got to the top of the ladder and pressed "shift" then turned around and tapped "s" down.

I got it, and i am very impressed, by the relism.But is that all there is, is just the firing range training mission?I see all the other missions, saying "Not available".Or something like that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 04 2002,15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cant play it because I have a voodoo 5500.<span id='postcolor'>

Same here.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 04 2002,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got it, and i am very impressed, by the relism.But is that all there is, is just the firing range training mission?I see all the other missions, saying "Not available".Or something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

You gotta register, validate yer account, and then save yer results from each mission to advance

You can cheat your way around having to complete a training mission to advance to the next; locate the tours.ini file in the /system subfolder and change the following lines to the numbers shown:

[Tours]

Dependency(0)=-1

Dependency(1)=-1

Dependency(2)=-1

Dependency(3)=-1

Dependency(4)=-1

Dependency(5)=-1

Dependency(6)=-1

Dependency(7)=-1

Dependency(8)=-1

TourSeq(0)=0

TourSeq(1)=0

TourSeq(2)=0

TourSeq(3)=0

TourSeq(4)=0

TourSeq(5)=0

TourSeq(6)=0

TourSeq(7)=0

TourSeq(8)=0

Additionally in the ArmyOps.ini there is plenty to play around with regarding graphical settings, gore etc, that are not accessable via the regular options menu, might be intersting for people that can´t get the game to run at all, or for those wanting to tweak some settings. I.e. min desired framerate is set to 10fps, i upped this to 20fps for a bit less detailed graphics but some smoother gameplay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 04 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would someone mind telling me how the hell you complete that one obsticle in the obsticle course where you have to "Climb up the wall, accross the beams and down the net"? I'm seriously getting PISSED at my CO. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh Hem....Anyone?

Shit If I could even get the game to open Aculaud, I messed with something in that ini and got past the errors but now I just get a windowed screen that is clear and nothing happens sad.gif. Everyone says to just get a new video card but they seem to forget it costs lots of money for one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 04 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 04 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would someone mind telling me how the hell you complete that one obsticle in the obsticle course where you have to "Climb up the wall, accross the beams and down the net"? I'm seriously getting PISSED at my CO. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh Hem....Anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

Man, that was easy dude. just climb up, go straight across the beam, and then back down the netting, itll automatically climb down

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 04 2002,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 04 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 04 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would someone mind telling me how the hell you complete that one obsticle in the obsticle course where you have to "Climb up the wall, accross the beams and down the net"? I'm seriously getting PISSED at my CO. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh Hem....Anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

Man, that was easy dude. just climb up, go straight across the beam, and then back down the netting, itll automatically climb down<span id='postcolor'>

Thats exactly what i do, but everytime i get to the next lane marker, i get my drill sargeant telling me "That may be your way, but its not the army way!"

I go up the wall, walk accross the center beam, and jump my way up the steep part (Only way how to my knowledge) and climb down in the center. I run to the next two white poles, and i get him telling me i did it wrong confused.gif

I can't play the game sad.gif Even on 640x480 it's too slow in my computer (i've got to buy a geforce 4)

I've just been playing it and it doesn't seem to want to let me do the assault course, I'm guessing I have to do it before the timer runs out, which I do, but it keeps making me do it over and over again sad.gif

I have just been playing AA and those 2 maps I played on (bridge, HQ or something) were very much like GR, pretty much the same size of the maps. It looks really good and runs really fast on my old GF2..that was a nice surprise smile.gif

Sounds are great too and it feels very realistic firing the gun(recoil)…but there is one thing I hate in games now and its all OFP fault…I hate invisible walls mad.gif …I need the freedom OFP gives the player. I want to be able to go everywhere I want and I cant do that in this game. I believe it can be really fun if you are after some “faster†action and play with the right people(no CS players) but this game is nothing compare to a good CO-OP with friends in OFP…atleast that’s what I think smile.gif

Well, OFP has "walls" too. The only difference is that you CAN see them. They're big and blue and flat sad.gif