Sign in to follow this  
jibemorel

Deep Silver announces“D-Day� DLC for Iron Front– Liberation 1944

Again, I'm aware of that. What I'm pointing out is the fact that the wading Sherman isn't capable of doing what it could IRL, i.e. wade, at depths of 2-3m as you point out. The moment the water level is over the hull, that is when the snorkels should be supplying the engine with oxygen.

That picture shows how it should be working. However, here's the problem: You can't do that on the Omaha beach map. And the only reason that picture was possible is because all tanks are capable of travelling in the rivers. The T-34s can do it, the Shermans without wading gear, and the one with wading gear can go so deep that the snorkel is submerged without any problems.

Edited by scrim

Yep, just pointed it out in the edit. Took a bit longer to write than I thought it would do. There is nothing special at all about the wading Sherman except for the looks. They should've written (non-functional) after "Sherman wading tank", but I guess that could've hurt sales.

That picture shows how it should be working. However, here's the problem: You can't do that on the Omaha beach map. And the only reason that picture was possible is because all tanks are capable of travelling in the rivers. The T-34s can do it, the Shermans without wading gear, and the one with wading gear can go so deep that the snorkel is submerged without any problems.

I thought you said the given Sherman was exploding when water above the hull...anyway, as it is now, it's almost realistic. Maybe the shore is too steep on omaha beach.

It isn't. I can drive a tank down in the water almost horizontally, and it still breaks. It's very simple, the devs have made rivers possible to cross with any tank at any depth, and the ocean on Omaha beach impossible to travel in with any tank at any depth.

And that's how little they could be bothered to do when it comes to tanks crossing water, i.e. less than what you'd find in a free mod.

And that's how little they could be bothered to do when it comes to tanks crossing water, i.e. less than what you'd find in a free mod.

You should report your issue in the bug section of IF forums and you would get a dev to respond and they could better explain or tell you why its like that,

assuming that the devs could be bothered on some point in the game only says how much you are really informed about the situation.

It could be possible the devs never looked at it, it could also be possible that its something that never got to and its on their to do list, or it could be possible

that they dont know about it, so report it and let them know.

The other point is, a free mod is not the same as a paid for game, as it costs money to do things for a game versus a mod, a mod is nothing but time being spent in the modder's spare

I can vouch for that myself, mods take a long time to get to a point where they work, for a paid game there are many other factors that go into it then just spending

time on various features in the game, as its a business and there are agendas, and other things going on.

I suggest as I said head over to IF forums and report your issues, instead of complaining and assuming that the devs could be bothered.

So by that logic we are to expect more from free mods than from DLCs we pay for? I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense.

How much "I'm really informed about the situation"? Excuse me? I've looked at the forums, and I can't recall any explanations at all about why they added a Sherman with non functioning wading gear. In fact, I still see very little there from the devs. I can't be bothered to register on that forum to point this out to people who most likely are already aware of it, and most likely won't even respond.

The facts right now are these: All tanks can wade and even dive on maps with rivers. No tanks, even with wading gear can wade in the ocean on the Omaha beach map, so it's rather unlikely to be a bug with the wading Sherman. One would expect the developers to actually try for themselves if the wading Sherman is capable of wading at least once. If you could expect the RHS guys to do it for free, you should be able to expect at least the same from guys who are payed (and don't give me any nonsense about "it's only their spare time, and the developers' working time", because things you pay for should obviously be better than free things, not considerably worse (that's why you should want to pay for it)). If that isn't down to the devs not being bothered, they are incompetent, which I doubt they are.

Whatever dude, you paid for it, your complaining here doesn't solve the problem, your to preoccupied with what the devs can and cant or would be to bothered to do,

so for you it stops there, at this point you might as well uninstall the DLC and move onto something that works for you.

Or, or how about I keep the DLC I paid for, and the devs do what they are paid to do, i.e. make things that work instead of just rushing out a DLC that contains 50-75% of what it should, and at a low quality? And I've looked at that forum, there seem to be plenty of bugs reported there that the devs don't even respond to. Besides, not finishing something is hardly a bug, now is it? I'd be damned to sit here and get lectured by one of their mods on a different forum because I complain about an unfinished product.

Or, or how about I keep the DLC I paid for, and the devs do what they are paid to do, i.e. make things that work instead of just rushing out a DLC that contains 50-75% of what it should, and at a low quality? And I've looked at that forum, there seem to be plenty of bugs reported there that the devs don't even respond to. Besides, not finishing something is hardly a bug, now is it? I'd be damned to sit here and get lectured by one of their mods on a different forum because I complain about an unfinished product.

LOL ?

Those new units look even better then vanilla ones and you type that they are low-quality ? XDXDXD

Its not expansion as even developers typed so don`t expect miracles under the word "DLC"

Sigh. I never said exactly what was of low quality, but I suppose it's common sense to take things out of context and apply them to whatever makes for a better counter argument.

No, the US units do not look better than the ones that were in the original game. In fact, there are some errors on them, like wrong chin straps, wrong size cartride belts, etc. while we're at it. The ballistic sights on the Shermans are not correct, like with at least half of the tank sights still. The M1 carbine just doesn't sound like anything close to a weapon. The BAR has a carrying handle that was rarely used, and it blocks much of your view. They completely ignored different RoFs for the BAR, which is a feature considerably more prominent than being able to fire it in semi automatic mode. There are no fixed machine guns. There are no AA weapons of any sort. There are no heavy machine guns. There are not AT weapons besides the bazooka, which like the Panzershreck has a ridicolous flight path that doesn't agree with gravity after less than 200m. Pretty much all sorts of insignia on the units are completely random and inaccurate. Some have Ranger tabs just for the sake of it. The chevrons are only on one side of the jacket, as opposed to both as they were IRL, or none at all which was more common in Normandy due to snipers. The LCVP has no machine guns like they actually had. And did I mention that rubbish Sherman with wading equipment? And no mortar either, even though it would've been even easier than the "wading" Sherman and actually functional.

Is that your idea of "even better then vanilla", or even of an acceptable quality to pay for?

DLC has never been an excuse for low quality garbage. And it would have been nice if the devs had gone out and said "OK, the DLC is done, but really, don't expect any miracles" before they actually started selling it. Seriously, I sticked with this game when it was dead in the water, but this latest DLC is just too much, and there's no excuse for it.

Edited by scrim

I like IF... but the way they have handled this reminds me of the bickering between codemasters and Bohemia back in the day.

now considering that the West fraction is german and Allied/Resistance is west lol... I'm not at all surprised they forgot to include the American static guns!...

well whatever, I love ofp/arma and will support games like it, bugs and all :sly:

I like IF... but the way they have handled this reminds me of the bickering between codemasters and Bohemia back in the day.

now considering that the West fraction is german and Allied/Resistance is west lol... I'm not at all surprised they forgot to include the American static guns!...

well whatever, I love ofp/arma and will support games like it, bugs and all :sly:

It's because now you've got three factions that can fight against each other, in warfare for example. Resistance and West sides are friendly by default since OFP, so you know this already. It takes two seconds to make them enemy in the mission editor.

It's because now you've got three factions that can fight against each other, in warfare for example. Resistance and West sides are friendly by default since OFP, so you know this already. It takes two seconds to make them enemy in the mission editor.

I understand there are work-arounds and don't get me wrong, im happy to have a new faction to play. My point was simply that the game is clearly mucked up and was obviously poorly planned/executed... There are still afghan items kicking it in the editor... it seems like a rushed production to me. The dlc also rushed missing items and kinda bare all in all.

This isn't a work around. This is the way sides work in ArmA2/IF. About the other points, IF is built on ArmA2:Co engine so some parts still needs some twicking (ACM module, for example, which is being worked on ATM). But the patches have corrected a lot of things already.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Just wondering, but do their DLCs come with lite versions like ARMA for people who don't own the DLC for Iron Front to play with people who do own it?

Just wondering, but do their DLCs come with lite versions like ARMA for people who don't own the DLC for Iron Front to play with people who do own it?

They said they would release it with the next patch.