is there a way to make it so alarms can be activated by gunshots or a enemy spotting you? im trying to do this in my mission but i dont know how to do it.. can someone explain how?

Let s assume you re west.

Make a trigger that is as big as the area you want the detection to be able to activate alarm. ( be careful because the alarm will activate in the center of the trigger so if you make the trigger 2000x2000 and you activate it far from the center you won t hear alarm )

Make it

Activated : West

Detected by east or resistance whatever enemy you have

Then goto effects ( left bottom button ) and select alarm in sound options (bottom right selection menu of sound )

You re done.

As soon as ANY enemy spots or hears you, the alarm will go of.

Cheers

uhh dude, that just makes it so when you step into the trigger the alarm goes off, ive tried it before...i dont wanna do that, i want the mission to be stealth.. so you go in, destroy, take out whatever you need to destroy, and boom your gone, i dont want it to activate once i enter the trigger, that just takes all the fun out of it.

Hmm...are you sure you did what JAP posted? I draw your attention to: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Detected by east or resistance whatever enemy you have<span id='postcolor'> in particular.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Detected by east or resistance whatever enemy you have<span id='postcolor'>

And that is selected from the part where you normally

select "Present".

This is the part that you BlackDeath have probably missed..

smile.gif

How come there are two types of alarm sounds? In the campaign missions, the alarm sounds tinny, and keeps on blaring once something else activates. The alarm which is selected in the trigger is a dull sound which blares once. I want the continuous alarm, how do I get it?

hey Black Death ....xmas came early

check out Most known enemy at ofpec code snippets...it may be what u need biggrin.gif

what he suggested is what you need (i think,at least)

when an enemy SEES or HEARS you,the alarm goes off,not when you wander into it

correct me if i'm wrong... confused.gif

Setting the trigger to "detected by ----" seems to work on & off. I have a mission I'm working on where I assault an air base full of russians. I have a trigger set to about 700 meters around the center of the russians, the alarm will sound when west is detected (btw, the single low blaring alarm is "play alarm" listed under sounds:annonymous or sounds:voice not "alarm" under sounds:trigger) and all the russian groups are set to go into aware & run to the front line when the trigger goes off, but sometimes my group plus 4 other squads are less than 300 meters away with 7 or so M60's lighting our entire offensive line and.... no alarm for 3 or 4 minutes, the russians just sit there enjoying their campfires and getting riddled with bullets. I don't know, sometimes it works perfectly and other times it doesn't work at all. I've had problems with triggers in the past & all I can decipher is the triggers are not 100% reliable.

im working on a spetz natz mission right now, its almost done but i cant get the objectives to work.. like when you sneak in and destroy the 2 tanks it doesnt say the objective has been completed in the briefing, and i want to make it so you cant exit from the extraction point without completeing the objectives..

Another little thing: I want the alarm to STOP blaring after about a minute or so. How do I set this? And what exactly do those 'min', 'mid', and 'max' settings actually mean - what do they stand for?

I got an idea. Why don't you make some units using the senetry waypoint and you syncronyse this waypoin with a another waypoint let's a seek and destroy. That will make the allam only go off when to sentry guys will spot you.