Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

No you don't need to name anything

Nomad actually has nothing to do with the ammo crates and vehicles, it only covers the player units. Vehicles and Objects use very simple respawn scripts on a timer.

Great... that made my life easier

Dudes, check that video, made by DET7, survivaloperations.net:

Edited by highhead

Got couple of problems here...

1st. Recruitment command init is added into a HQ however I cannot see the recruitment menu... Yes I am playing at rank of Colonel :|

2nd, For some reason Colonel cannot ask for patrol ops but a Sergeant aka Team Leader can?

can you help me out in here?

As well using MSO 4.6, I use it because I feel like it is actually better even in state of beta...

Got couple of problems here...

1st. Recruitment command init is added into a HQ however I cannot see the recruitment menu... Yes I am playing at rank of Colonel :|

2nd, For some reason Colonel cannot ask for patrol ops but a Sergeant aka Team Leader can?

can you help me out in here?

As well using MSO 4.6, I use it because I feel like it is actually better even in state of beta...

Yeah, colonel is missing in the allowed ranks - saw dat a few days ago. Just add it in the appropriate array of support\modules\rmm_recruitment\addAction.sqf (or change your rank in editor)

btw. 4.6 is finished (dont expect any further changes), and is only waiting for official 1.63 release (since there are some needed new commands for HC, that dont exist in regular 1.62).

Yeah, colonel is missing in the allowed ranks - saw dat a few days ago. Just add it in the appropriate array of support\modules\rmm_recruitment\addAction.sqf (or change your rank in editor)

btw. 4.6 is finished (dont expect any further changes), and is only waiting for official 1.63 release (since there are some needed new commands for HC, that dont exist in regular 1.62).

Okay thanks I will check it out!

EDIT: Well that worked out thanks, however I have one problem, on my FOB's there are no capture towns, one FOB Is on an island with airfield but AI keeps on spawning on it... How can I prevent them from spawning in that place?

Edited by Sakai

Hello all,

First of all, I just want to say that MSO is awesome. My friends and I are having a lot of fun playing MSO missions! But we are having a problem with our dedicated server. We have ARMA2/MSO running with NOMAD on a dedicated machine that has no issues with running the game. However, we want to run with a persistent database to leverage the power of MySQL. We upgraded to MSO 4.6 on NOMAD a few days ago, and it was running fine. Today we attempted to get persistent database to run, but we have not been able to get it working. I am confident that we have followed the directions properly on how to get it working. Here are some symptoms:

1. Arma2NET does not have a folder in the users local folder

2. The server is not communicating with MySQL at all, and there are no SQL log files being generated for ARMA2. Plus, MySQL logs don't show the gameserver attempting to connect

3. Server starts without any errors, but sits at "Creating" and connected players get "Wait for Host" screen

I have verified that the server has the proper MySQL/NET connector (6.5.4), is running the full version of .NET Framework 4.0 (Profile and Extended), has MS Visual Studio 2010 C++, and has the latest version of MySQL 5. I've followed the directions on the Wiki *exactly* three or four times now, with no success on getting the server past "Creating". We are also using the SQL file off the Wiki for version 4.6, and have even tried to use the SQL file generated with building a new PBO.

Some notes:

1. We are running the latest beta server

2. We have a custom mission file based on Esbekistan

3. Databases.txt is in the proper folder on C:\

It would be much appreciated if we could get some assistance via Skype or TeamViewer to help troubleshoot and get this working.

Thanks!

Why are you using MySQL if you are using NOMAD O.o I thought PDB is for that..

Why are you using MySQL if you are using NOMAD O.o I thought PDB is for that..

I never said we are using MySQL with NOMAD. We are moving from NOMAD to MySQL so we can have a persistent database. We cannot get MySQL working with MSO, but running on NOMAD works fine right now.

Hello all,

First of all, I just want to say that MSO is awesome. My friends and I are having a lot of fun playing MSO missions! But we are having a problem with our dedicated server. We have ARMA2/MSO running with NOMAD on a dedicated machine that has no issues with running the game. However, we want to run with a persistent database to leverage the power of MySQL. We upgraded to MSO 4.6 on NOMAD a few days ago, and it was running fine. Today we attempted to get persistent database to run, but we have not been able to get it working. I am confident that we have followed the directions properly on how to get it working. Here are some symptoms:

1. Arma2NET does not have a folder in the users local folder

2. The server is not communicating with MySQL at all, and there are no SQL log files being generated for ARMA2. Plus, MySQL logs don't show the gameserver attempting to connect

3. Server starts without any errors, but sits at "Creating" and connected players get "Wait for Host" screen

I have verified that the server has the proper MySQL/NET connector (6.5.4), is running the full version of .NET Framework 4.0 (Profile and Extended), has MS Visual Studio 2010 C++, and has the latest version of MySQL 5. I've followed the directions on the Wiki *exactly* three or four times now, with no success on getting the server past "Creating". We are also using the SQL file off the Wiki for version 4.6, and have even tried to use the SQL file generated with building a new PBO.

Some notes:

1. We are running the latest beta server

2. We have a custom mission file based on Esbekistan

3. Databases.txt is in the proper folder on C:\

It would be much appreciated if we could get some assistance via Skype or TeamViewer to help troubleshoot and get this working.

Thanks!

Has anyone had a similar issue? It's a real bummer to have a powerhouse server and have our world reset very time we have to restart the mission :(

We really suspect it has something to do with Arma2Net, it seems to cause the server to hang during the "creating" stage.

Edit: would having the user files on a system drive and the game files on a data drive require any special configurations?

Edit again: LOVE the stock Esbekistan mission in 4.6. A truly epic battle every single time we log on.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Edited by BeardGravy

Join the Multi Session Operations channel on Skype to talk to us, but please bear in mind setting up MySQL databases is fairly advanced stuff when compared to running your normal level of ArmA addons - and 4.6 hasn't actually been released yet. Though we like to help as much as possible, we're not an SQL help desk and our level of expertise (and patience) isn't all that fantastic either - 99% of the time our 'help' involves walking you through the instructions again and pointing out the bits that haven't been followed to the letter, however adamant you were before (especially step 4...always step 4 - check the password!). I'm not saying you haven't done it all properly, but I'm just speaking from experience here! All I can say is that it does work if followed to the letter, though even then it's not 100% robust all the time.

If in doubt, dump the sql schema, restart the whole shebang (including the dedi box if you want to be doubly certain), then import the sql schema that's included in the PDB folder in the Base Mission file of MSO 4.6 download.

I am having problems setting up my MSO server with persistentDB.

The log in AppData\Local\Arma2MYSQL\logs:

http://pastebin.com/QrJh6ZXE

Definitely a problem with the parameter "tmid". In the official bi "persistentDB" forums thread i found this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111484-ArmA2-Persistent-Database-Scripts-WIP&p=2233133&viewfull=1#post2233133

Jman stated, that it would be a problem with the ServerPlugin, but i have just downloaded the @arma2net from the DH wiki attachments with the ServerPlugin already included in the Addins folder.

Could it be a problem with a wrongly set up sql connector net?

Greets all! Great mission, we have it running on our server all the time. One thing that we're having some trouble figuring out is how do we get the mission to show map markers for players only. Sofar it seems to be an all or nothing deal either showing all friendly and enemy markers or no markers at all. Difficulty settings seem to have no effect on marker display in this particular mission. Regards~

Predator - tmid is the mission id. MSO takes this from the name of the mission pbo, nothing else, so if you change the name of the pbo and run it up again it should generate a new tmid (and a whole new set of db tables for that mission). A lot of these sort of problems are due to using the wrong sql schema for the version of MSO you're on. To be sure, drop your schema, depbo the mission and extract the dump from the PDB folder in /Core and then import that. There have been quite a few changes between 4.55 and the (as yet unreleased) 4.6, so need to be certain you're using the correct one.

That post by Jman's is very old and long since superseded. If you've followed the instructions on the MSO wiki correctly it will work.

Machineabuse - I'm assuming you mean the BIS military symbols. Check the init line of the function module in the map editor (marta) and see the BI Wiki for more info: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Military_Symbols

to be confirmed - eventually there could be issues with callExtension and win8 / win server 2012. Are you using one of those installations?

Yes i am using the win server 2012. Right now i am trying to get the 4.6 running, but i am having problems with a blackscreen once in game.

Hi folks. I have an issue I really can't figure out on my own.

We're running a dedicated ArmA 2 CO ACE server with MSO 4.55. There have been several minor issues with initialization on 4.5 earlier but they could be resolved by simply reconnecting.

What happens now is that when I join, initialization does not complete. To be precise, these modules are the only ones loading (as referenced in the map screen under the MSO tab in reverse order):

Mission Parameters

Custom Locations(takistan)

Player

MP Rights disabled

Debug

Admin Actions

Nomad

Persistent DB

Group Tracking

Time Sync

View Distance Settings

Vehicle Ignition Keys

Remove Destroyed Objects

Destroy City

Dogs

Call To Prayer

Ambient Civilians

It does not continue from that point, I can simply move around and play but without the proper modules like logistics, CAS and so on, my ACE Self menu is almost empty. EVERYBODY ELSE gets initialized properly, so I assume this to be a partially client-side issue but I have no idea where to look for a solution.

This happens every time I join, even after restarting my game, with different mod setups, on another profile. Since persistent DB is already initialized, I can save my position and have it restored when joining, so it simply doesn't proceed to initialize me after Ambient Life.

Potential Cause

I don't exactly know what causes this but this happened after I tried starting ArmA 2 CO using SpiritedMachine's ArmA 2 Launcher and at the same time downloading and enabling the 1.0.1.196 beta version of CBA_CO. I ran into problems but I was able to join the server.

When joining in a different slot than before, I was asked if I wanted to move to my previous location which I declined. I have never gotten that message afterwards anymore, so this might have been related. I can't tell if initialization has been broken before that but after that point, I definitely couldn't initialize anymore. I tried to start over directly from the Steam Launcher but no matter how often I joined, disconnected and restarted, initialization never proceeded from there - only for me, however.

Steps taken

I have reverted CBA_CO and enabled all other CBA mods just to restore the previous state. All mods were put in the old order, I have done everything via Steam Launcher as before.

Apart from the required core (CBA, ACE, ACRE), all additional mods have been disabled.

AppData\Local\Arma2OA\ArmA2OA.RPT didn't tell me anything useful but I wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

Admin has deleted my Database entries resetting my progress. Apparently, I was in there twice.

I have created a new profile and joined the server.

Frequent restarts of the game or reconnects.

Previous role and new role taken.

Other servers

I have joined another MSO server (v4.4) whose initialization did load much faster than ours but it apparently did work without problems. Radio functionality was on the ACRE key instead of the ACE Self key but it was there.

Another server running 4.6 worked flawlessly as well.

To me, this means I'm facing a unique server-client issue. Other clients on my server don't have it. Other servers with my client don't have it. Only my client on my server. What causes this?

---

If anyone has any more ideas or questions, suggest, ask, give me all your ideas, I am running out of them. I have no idea how the scripting works behind the initialization and why it would skip mine but not everyone else's.

I'm trying to get around reinstalling ArmA entirely as it is a hassle and is usually the last means as it doesn't work in most cases anyway.

Is there a way of some hidden (?) data stored in the database somehow affecting how a player gets initialized?

I'll be gladly answering questions about hardware specs, hair colour and favourite dish if you need that to get a picture of the issue.

Much obliged.

LootFragg

Edit: Problem solved after simple server restart. Crappy but, well, tough.

Edited by LootFragg
Fixed now, somehow.

Might be that your player record is corrupt in that servers DB. Try deleting the player record for that mission. If all else fails, post the arma2netsql logs to pastebin and link here.

Yo mate, do you have any special chars in your name or in your clan tag? please try to connect with a profile without any special chars in it.

Edited by highhead
not seen the profile was reset already

If you mean in Single Player, then no you can't. You can host a multiplayer game and play by yourself of course.

Quick update concerning the error report about initialization not working: It works now. Somewhere in between then and now, we have entirely restarted the server and now everything is as it should have been.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place but I figure if it's rare enough for nobody to know how to get rid of it without a restart, it's probably not big enough for requiring a fix. I could technically try to recreate the error and we can lock the server for a while for testing purposes so that I can provide detailed information on what caused it but I am not eager enough right now and rather happy it's working again.

I appreciate the responses, people. Thanks.

Found a small problem...

Enemy Artillery sites still spawn even with it turned off in the parameters. Cities turn into enemy side back when it is taken by your faction and you leave it after 2-3 minutes ONLY because theres a empty enemy vehicle left but no enemies in the zone.

For training purpose i need to change respawn for INSTANT, is there some simply way to do that?

thx

Yeah, already tried that. I put INSTANT in respawn line, but it dosnt change anything.

I also deleted REASPAWN_WEST marker, and it made crash

I thing its because of revive and respawn module - probably by RF, and i dont know how to turn it off.