Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

How do you kill a command center that is building?

So today I came accrost a command center that the enemy had just started to build.

I empted 4 mantas worth of rockets and ammo into it and nothing.

How do you counter this? Do I just have to come back when its done and fight through the island?

I had the same thing yesterday, it seems that they are invulnerable once started. I just docked up, went and took a shower and when I came back it was red and I was able to hack it.

Hammerhead doesn't do a dent in them during construction either.

I guess the only option is to wait or go for another island.

That seems kind of wrong to me. Expecially since everything on the island istabuilds.

That seems kind of wrong to me. Expecially since everything on the island istabuilds.

I am not sure it does, I turned up at an island to find all of the functional buildings other than the Command Centre shielded - and no turrets, so I guess there is a building period - bit of a pain since the Hangars and Garages launched units, but could not be destroyed !!!

G

I also noticed an island with shield effect on all buildings after I had hacked it. The map had it blank too, with no island type, had to manually switch it to a type.

I did encounter the same problem. I haven't found a way to take over the island before the enemy's command center was eventually completed. You can't destroy the construction site, you can't hack it either. You have to wait or you move to another island...