Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Get your littlebird choppers here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok sorry, I mean the AH6v2, it is supposed to have MG but the fire rate is terrible.. <span id='postcolor'>

The firerate of the M134 on the AH6j is military spec.

I spend an hour working on the fire-rate to get it perfect.

If you want to change it.. go ahead.. but it won't be real.

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 03 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok sorry, I mean the AH6v2, it is supposed to have MG but the fire rate is terrible.. <span id='postcolor'>

The firerate of the M134 on the AH6j is military spec.

I spend an hour working on the fire-rate to get it perfect.

If you want to change it.. go ahead.. but it won't be real.

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

Great job on the choppers but somewhere you must have done something wrong with the minigun. The rate of fire ingame with it is slower than the assault rifles which is no where close to its real life rate of fire.

Rate of fire should be 2000rpm or 4000rpm. Max for weapon is is 6000 rpm. Would think that 4000 rpm would be the choose to use. info here

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The rate of fire ingame with it is slower than the assault rifles which is no where close to its real life rate of fire.

<span id='postcolor'>

Are you comparing the firerate to a hollywood movie?  

I took that reported military spec firerate on a AH6j.  Then adjusted for INGAME TIME.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the best config.cpp for the MH6v2? I have had reports that it does not fire the MG properly. (2round spurts)<span id='postcolor'>

This was done on purpose because it compensates for 2 guns firing at once instead of one gun.  OFP engine doesnt support a 2nd gun firing at the same time so it had to be simulated. This is done with the (2round spurts) as quoted from above.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The minigun has two modes; the slow RoF being 1500 rpm. The maximum RoF is 6000 rpm. Not sure if OFP could handle the latter, but the former is worth a look. <span id='postcolor'>

This may be true but the 7.62 mounted on a M134 weapons platform does not fire 6000 rpm.  It might be modified to fire 5.56 mm at that fast, I do not know.. but it will not fire 7.62 at that speed.  

The ammo being used in the m134 uses the 7.62mm bullets from OFP not the 5.56mm.. I can however create another chopper that fires that 5.56mm and have it fire much faster.  But thats not the point here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The basic M134 can be readily modified to fire other smaller caliber ammunition, such as the XM214 5.56mm "mini-minigun".

<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said before Im not using the XM214 modifed m134 using 5.56mm.  This mini gun will fire much faster and the bullets each will cause much less damage.  You would not be able to penetrate armour with 5.56 but you can with AP 7.62 NATO.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone can recommend some settings to fix the fire rate that would be good, it won't go continuous.. :/ <span id='postcolor'>

It does fire continuous,   Try being the gunner.. and wa la.. continuous fire.. or if you don't want to.. then get a joystick.. it will let the pilot fire continuously.  Or let your AI fire the gun..

The gun was designed this way on purpose.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The AH-6J is capable of mounting a variety of weapons systems. Normal aircraft configuration consists of two 7.62mm miniguns with 1500 to 2000 rounds per gun, and two seven-shot 2.75" rocket pods. The following are additional configurations:

<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.specialoperations.com/Aviation/Little_Birds/AH6.htm

Capt Moore

On that site you linked it says the 7.62 can do 2000 or 4000 rounds per min.

Hell, Cap'n, your littlebird's flying through a shitload of flak! But if there was a vote here and now I would say it's the coolest addon I ever downloaded, controversy about the Minigun regardless.

When the Minigun was first being sold to the US Army, the promo video was a rabbit let loose in an American football field. An OH6 made 1 pass; A round was dropped into every square inch of the football field, and the rabbit was hit. That's either in Michael Herr's Despatches, or Tim Page's 'Nam, I can't remember which.

In Britain we got a presenter called Jeremy Clarkson, who used to do motor reviews, but recently The BBC let him get into "other things;" eg, he took the back seat of an F15 Strike Eagle, and spent most of the flight saying "Oh shit," and puking.

But in another program the US Army let him loose in a Littlebird equipped with miniguns and said he could vaporise a VW beetle. He did, despite being totally useless; he kept his finger on the trigger and the beetle just disappeared in this 150' cloud of sand as the rounds impacted everywhere around the target (and through it).

I'm not sure what your set RoF is; perhaps it could be that there is a framerate drop when firing? whatever.

BTW, the look on Clarkson's face after he'd was finished was something to behold!

biggrin.gif

i think there is a cap on the rof in ofp at about 1500-2000 rpm but thats still a pretty terrifying speed, i have the .cpp of that mounted on a blackhawk and it can take out western helicopters in a few seconds(strafing of the cockpits) and it pretty much minces the guys on the ground, still pretty hard to aim though....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 04 2002,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The rate of fire ingame with it is slower than the assault rifles which is no where close to its real life rate of fire.

<span id='postcolor'>

Are you comparing the firerate to a hollywood movie?  

I took that reported military spec firerate on a AH6j.  Then adjusted for INGAME TIME.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope im talking about that your minigun INGAME has a lower rate of fire than the assault rifles INGAME.

Also here is what some different sites say about the m134 7.62mm

Speciealoperations.com

- The M134 7.62mm Minigun is a 6 barrel, air-cooled, link-fed, electrically driven Gatling gun, with a 1,000 meter maximum effective range and a tracer burnout at 900 meters. The weapon has a rate of fire of 2,000 or 4,000 rounds per minute. The ammo can, 2 per aircraft, holds a maximum of 2625 rds of ball, tracer, low light tracer, or Sabot Launched Armor Piercing (SLAP) ammo.

Fas.org

- electrically driven, 6 barreled, rotary action, percussion fired weapon, with a maxi-mum rate of fire of 6000 rounds per minute. In the current crew served application the rate of fire is selectable at either 2000 or 4000 rounds per minute.

And just to compare it to assault rifles here are some with rate of fire. Info from fas.org and world.guns.ru

- m16/m4: 800rpm

- ak47: 600rpm

- fn-fal: 650-700rpm

Others

- m60: 550rpm

- m2: 550rpm

- mp5: 800rpm

And your minigun is slower than these INGAME. While in real life the m134 at least have a rate of fire that is 3 times faster than these weapons (slowest rate of fire is 2000rpm). So the rate of fire on your minigun is to low and should be increased.

Hope you dont take this the wrong way

Also don't forget that your ah-6 has 2 miniguns on it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also don't forget that your ah-6 has 2 miniguns on it... <span id='postcolor'>

I know it has 2 guns on it.. thats they the ammo decreases at twice the normal speed of one gun on the chopper.

If you guys like I can always release a v3 of the ah6 with 5.56 mini guns that fire at 4-5 k a min.

I don't want to upgrade the v2 version because everyone needs to have the same version of the chopper or else you get issues.

But a new ah6v3 would work.  What do you guys think?

I think it would also match the mini's on the choppers in BHD much better.  Looking at the casings that were falling from the littlebirds in BHD it appeard that they were using the modified m134 to shoot 5.56 Nato rounds.

Capt Moore

Yeah, why not? We are all having a lot of fun with your choppers so having another one would be great!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 04 2002,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also don't forget that your ah-6 has 2 miniguns on it... <span id='postcolor'>

I know it has 2 guns on it.. thats they the ammo decreases at twice the normal speed of one gun on the chopper.

If you guys like I can always release a v3 of the ah6 with 5.56 mini guns that fire at 4-5 k a min.

I don't want to upgrade the v2 version because everyone needs to have the same version of the chopper or else you get issues.

But a new ah6v3 would work.  What do you guys think?

I think it would also match the mini's on the choppers in BHD much better.  Looking at the casings that were falling from the littlebirds in BHD it appeard that they were using the modified m134 to shoot 5.56 Nato rounds.

Adammo...the fire rate is not the problem in my opinion. The problem is that you have a gunner and it's only firing in little bursts. To me that defeats the whole purpose of even having a minigun if you can't hold down the trigger and strafe an area. You have more then enough ammo to strafe all day before running out of ammo. If you're trying to make it realistic PLEASE remove the gunner because in real life Little Birds don't have a seperate gunner. The pilot does the gunning. Also as far as a joystick goes I hate using a joystick myself so that's a no go.

Anyways I think you should leave the firerate as it is, and take the gunner out and I think people will be MUCH happier as they'll have a nice fully auto minigun rather then crappy burst fire. Being a gunner is no fun either when you can't aim the guns.

I think that if you make a 5.56mm version and still just does that burst fire stuff that people are still going to be bitching about it just like they did about the colors of the Littlebird (remember I had warned you about that also). If I had known about the way the minigun fired earlier I would have bugged the hell out of you to fix it. smile.gif So I hope that you can take out the gunner when you have time to mess with it. That will make it like the Kiowa Warrior in that the pilot will have full-auto capability.

Anyways just take that as constructive advice.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have full auto but I never use the mouse cuz it sucks, I really dont think he can fix that cuz i have seen bis choppers with the same prob.

Just tried your choppers, they are very nice. Great models but (this have been said before for sure) textures on those "black" birds aren't so good. Take a look at Kegetys Kiowa and you'll see black textures with some highlights, those kind of textures would be awesome I think smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 05 2002,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have full auto but I never use the mouse cuz it sucks, I really dont think he can fix that cuz i have seen bis choppers with the same prob.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes like he said, with a joystick it will fire full-auto. Some people like yourself do indeed feel very comfortable using a joystick and hate using a mouse. Others like myself feel more comfortable using a mouse and keyboard.

Also the problem CAN be fixed. The other BIS helicopters have this problem precisely because they have a gunner (like the Cobra and Apache). However try playing Keg's Kiowa Warrior and you will see how the minigun is supposed to work.

It is possible to fix it, because I HAVE a fixed version that works great, but really I would rather see Adammo himself create a proper update to his own creations. We don't need a half-dozen different versions of his Little Birds floating around all over the place which is why it would be best if he did the fix by simply removing the gunner. He could always just make that seat a passenger seat, that way it would be up to a mission designer if they wanted to have an other pilot sitting there.

Anyways, Max Res to Adammo if he fixes his AH-6 so that it doesn't need a gunner to fire full-auto. Without the gunner it has a ferocious rate of fire and performs exactly as it should. The AI pilot also uses it expertly and really blazes away with it. On one mission I made one AH-6 saved my ass when I was fired upon by two Russians while I was reloading. The AH-6 nailed both of them with his minigun just as their gun fire was zeroing in on me. That was an incredible experience!! smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you dont need a joystic to fire in full auto. All you have to do is hold the right ctrl key and you can fire full auto even with a gunner, be sure that manual fire is enabled in the littlebird before firing. smile.gif

thats what im doing, and its left ctrl, right ctrl changes weapon, im still getting a really poor fire rate while holding the control key

The cargo posisions is fucked sad.gif.

Do i need OFP:R or OFP 1.60 MP TEST for fix it ?.

All is ok in that choopers but the glasses in cocpit and cargo pos. is bad sad.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All is ok in that choopers but the glasses in cocpit and cargo pos. is bad <span id='postcolor'>

please explain this.. is this a bug?

which chopper is not working properly as far as cargo positions?

Capt Moore

AH-6v2.

The Cargo posision in this chooper is in the engine rotor.

I have this bug in a 1.46 OFP version, not 1.60 or OFP:R ! sad.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ July 06 2002,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AH-6v2.

I have this bug in a 1.46 OFP version, not 1.60 or OFP:R ! sad.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

That's because his Little Birds aren't supposed to work in 1.46 unless you heavily modify the cpp file.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have a problem(hope its not already been answered); I just bought Resistance and downloaded the Littlebirds. But the OH6 is the only one that works! The MH6 I can place with the editor just fine, but when I go ingame with it, it's invisible. As for the AH6, I place them somewhere on map, and load. The game then goes back to the editor and says something like: "Cant find AH6 P3D Magic" or something like that.

The OH6 works fine, though...

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Adammo! I have made new and realistic sounds for the engines of the AH/MH-6 choppers. I have also made new M134 (minigun) sounds for AH-6 plus a new good looking dashboard. I want you to contact me at icq#76475927 so you can say what you think. The sounds are realistic recordings and they are great in OFPr. I wont release the edited versions, its up to you mate. Please get in contact with me.

You can also drop me a mail if you want; lansen@telia.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AH-6v2.

I have this bug in a 1.46 OFP version, not 1.60 or OFP:R !<span id='postcolor'>

lol, I told everyone if you want to modify the choppers on your own.. don't tell me about the problems, you won't get support.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a problem... when I go ingame with it, it's invisible...and says something like: "Cant find AH6 P3D Magic" or something like that. <span id='postcolor'>

Either you have a unauthorized copy of Resistance..(which I doubt) or you downloaded someone's modified version of the littlebirds. And I can't provide support for other peoples tinkerings with the choppers.

Get the un-modifed choppers here:

ofp-zone.de

I hope this helps..

Capt Moore

After using the littlebirds for a couple of days, I thought that I might add my two cents.

IMO the littlebirds are the best addon so far for OFP. The choppers are excellent in every possible way, all from flight model to the textures and the actual 3d model. Truly perfection!

I am pretty sure that I am not alone when I say that I expect your next addon with great anticipation, Adammo. Great work! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 08 2002,07:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, I told everyone if you want to modify the choppers on your own.. don't tell me about the problems, you won't get support.

Either you have a unauthorized copy of Resistance..(which I doubt) or you downloaded someone's modified version of the littlebirds.  And I can't provide support for other peoples tinkerings with the choppers.

Get the un-modifed choppers here:

ofp-zone.de

I hope this helps..

All these problems are precisely the reason why I hope that you come out with a update of your AH-6, otherwise like you see, there will be a whole bunch of different versions of your Little Birds floating around all over the place, some that work, some that don't work.  Many of the ones posted unfortunately do not even clearly state in a read me file or somewhere that they won't work in Resistance or vice versa.

Worst of all, many of these modified Little Birds will WRITE OVER your original Little Bird.

So I hope that for the AH-6, you'll take out the gunner and just make that a passenger seat so that way the mission makers can decide whether or not to have a copilot and the PILOT will be able to easily fire on full auto (without using the CTRL key trick) if they use a mouse.  

The other main reason why people are trying to mod it is so that they'll get it working in Version 1.46.   Not everyone has Resistance yet, and some people might not get around to buying Resistance for quite awhile.  It would have been best to release a 1.46 version of the pack.   But oh well...  BIS should be paying you since a big reason a lot of people bought Resistance was so that they could use your helicopters.  

At any rate, PLEASE remove that gunner.  There is really no good reason to have him in there when that spot can just be changed to a passenger position for a co-pilot/observer.  Currently trying to lock onto infantry targets on the ground from a distance (in order to get the gunner to fire) is next to impossible. Also doing high speed strafing is impossible unless you hit the left CTRL key while firing, but usually my fingers are too busy controlling the other controls on the keyboard. Those little short 2-3 round bursts just don't cut it for area saturation which is the primary purpose of a minigun (filling a large area with a large amount of lead thus increasing the probability of striking enemy personel and/or equipment).

Your idea of switching from 7.62mm to 5.56mm to up the fire-rate also sounded like a good one since the AI pilots/gunner doesn't fire the minigun at armored targets anyways.  But I also think that the current fire-rate is just fine (about the same as Keg's Kiowa Warrior which I thought fired pretty darn fast).  

Anyways overall the helicopters are great but I hope that you continue to refine them and make them perfect!  For starters you take up that offer about the improved rotor and minigun sounds.  That would be very cool if the sounds are good!

As always just take this as constructive criticism because these addons are damned good and you are very talented at this...but if the addons can be improved easily, no reason not to.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>