Sign in to follow this  
Darkhawk

Chopper landing gear!

Have they fixed the problem of raising and lowering the choppers landing gear?

You never were able to raise/lower chopper landing gear. It's just there. No need for it to be up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 28 2002,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You never were able to raise/lower chopper landing gear.  It's just there.  No need for it to be up.<span id='postcolor'>

One of the helicopters in OFP-in real life lowers and raises its gear.I think it is the hind if i remeber right.

The Hind and the V-80 (Ka-50), we again, will not be able to rise their land gear.. I can't belive.... why they don't whant to fix this.. damn problem......

Its fine the way it is. Do you really need to land the chopper like a plane?

I hate fly a Hind with his Landing gear down.... would be more realistic.... why the russian stuff always come incompleat... the BMP-2 with wrong commander position, the T-80 unpowered and without the ATGM, the Hind and the V-80 (Ka-50) with this land gear issue... damn...

COLD WAR is over don't need do fuckup with the russians stuff anymore... damn mad.gif

they probly left the landing gear down because. one the majority of the people dont go high enouf to really need to take up the landing gear and two would probly be manny people not putting the landing gear down in time and have the halo just blow up. but thats just my guess but that option would be nice

Harnu.. in another post you say

I like the idea of using real places for games. Gives it an extra sense of realism.

I want this kind of realism for the russian stuff... make the russians weapons in game looks like the real weapons... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kasatka @ June 28 2002,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hate fly a Hind with his Landing gear down.... would be more realistic.... why the russian stuff always come incompleat... the BMP-2 with wrong commander position, the T-80 unpowered and without the ATGM, the Hind and the V-80 (Ka-50) with this land gear issue... damn...

COLD WAR is over don't need do fuckup with the russians stuff anymore... damn  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Stop whining! tounge.gif

I said I like the idea of using real PLACES. I don't give a damn what I'm fighting with. As long as is fun. And I dont see how landing gear on a chopper wouldn't be fun.

Not being able to raise the gear on the Hind doesn't bother me a whole lot, but it must be noted that the planes have flaps and landing gears that move.

Hopefully BIS can add this in a future patch, but using foul language and getting rude probably won't help us get there any sooner -- show some respect.

AFAIK, choppers that can raise their landing gear, such as the Hind, never actually do so when flying slow or in combat situations...I think being able to raise the gear is only for long-range flight...I could be wrong tho smile.gif

As for screwing up all the Russian stuff, there's no need to go off like a frog in a sock...there could be any number of reasons BIS didn't implement these, and in the end does it really make any difference to gameplay or fun?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 28 2002,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh quit yer whinin.<span id='postcolor'>

I think I´ll disregard anything you say about Russian equipment since, because of your avatar, I´ll assume that you don´t play as east much tounge.gif

i can honestly say that ive never realized that you cant raise and lower choppers landing gear, and i can honestly say i dont care, and its not a big deal at all.

I've noticed it, and I wish it would be fixed, but it doesnt bother me alot. There are other small issues that I wish would be fixed first, but who am I to complain?

AFAIK Hinds do not retract their landing gear on low-flight and short time missions.

Well, raising up your landing gear, helps reduce drag, and help you go faster.I wont get to complicated into it, heck, i dont even know much about it. wink.gif

Hmm... at low levels, it might make sense for a helicopter to keep its gear down, just in case of it crashing or having to make an emergency landing. Of course, it doesnt make sense when flying high, but on a NOE mission, why not?

In fact... I think it would be really cool if they made it so that the landing gear AUTOMATICALLY RETRACTED ONCE YOU GO ABOVE A CERTAIN HEIGHT!!!!!!!

Could you imagine the look on little Sancho's face when he sees his favorite assault chopper move its gear? That might be enough to make an 10 year old hit puberty prematurely!

And as an added bonus, you could pick up garbage in the wheel wells of the helicopter, and carry it back to base. Then you could make the garbage into cyborgs.

If you are bold or bald, the Hind could carry more hair for you. It happens all the time. I live in Russia. My profile is lieing. I live in Moscow. My dad was bald until the Hind gave him hair. I want to be a Hind when I grow up.

*dies*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ June 29 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And as an added bonus, you could pick up garbage in the wheel wells of the helicopter, and carry it back to base.  Then you could make the garbage into cyborgs.

If you are bold or bald, the Hind could carry more hair for you.  It happens all the time.  I live in Russia.  My profile is lieing.  I live in Moscow.  My dad was bald until the Hind gave him hair.  I want to be a Hind when I grow up.<span id='postcolor'>

Reading those last 2 paragraphs sent me into seizures because my too tired brain couldnt take imagining all that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ June 30 2002,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm... at low levels, it might make sense for a helicopter to keep its gear down, just in case of it crashing or having to make an emergency landing.  Of course, it doesnt make sense when flying high, but on a NOE mission, why not?

In fact... I think it would be really cool if they made it so that the landing gear AUTOMATICALLY RETRACTED ONCE YOU GO ABOVE A CERTAIN HEIGHT!!!!!!!

Could you imagine the look on little Sancho's face when he sees his favorite assault chopper move its gear?  That might be enough to make an 10 year old hit puberty prematurely!

And as an added bonus, you could pick up garbage in the wheel wells of the helicopter, and carry it back to base.  Then you could make the garbage into cyborgs.

If you are bold or bald, the Hind could carry more hair for you.  It happens all the time.  I live in Russia.  My profile is lieing.  I live in Moscow.  My dad was bald until the Hind gave him hair.  I want to be a Hind when I grow up.

*dies*<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I don´t know what you´re on but I want some of it too!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif