Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

Installation of upcoming Beta

Hello all there!

---

This can be answered by Forum-Users. No Admins have to waste time for it an can continue working on Beta3 :-)

---

Full of anticipation for Beta3 there is one important Question for me because of my small Download-Capacity. How dit it work on Beta2: Is "sprocket.exe" downloading the File of the Beta AND installing it automatically or is after downloading another .exe there, which I can move to another location and install then?

Background: The PC, where I want to install the beta on, has no internet connection. So my plan is to download the Beta on the first PC and install it on the second one. But this will be not possible if downloading and installing is one process...

Thanx for your advices!

Anton

You download the installer executable with Sprocket, then you can copy/move it and install the beta anywhere you want.

Fine! Thank you for this quick reply.

So... another waiting period for Beta3 begins...

(You have to know that till now I have NONE Beta installed... Beta3 will be the first chance for me to play Carrier Command... therefore the wait is extra hard for me.)

It is not easier for the rest of us. Believe me! If you watch recent videos of CCGM, you will quickly realize that the Beta 2 is so outdated now, we practically expect a new game with Beta 3.

But why don't you just download the Beta 2 in the meantime? It's just about 1.3 GB... With a single ISDN line this should take about 45 hours to complete - right now I don't really expect Beta 3 to be available before that. :rolleyes:

And even if it should be available sooner, you just cancel the download of Beta 2 and start downloading Beta 3...

Edited by ScareYa
Additional thoughts

You're right, ScareYa - but the Problem is not the Time, with my connection I think the Download will be done in one or two hours. I have enouth Bandwith but not enough Volume: 5 GB per Month it my limit. Now I'm on 2GB used... so 3GB left. Downloading the beta twice (first Ver2 then Ver3) fails for me because the rest of the month "normal" surfing needs also Volume...

And additional, maybe more important:

downloading/playing Beta2, knowing that Beta3 could appear every Minute... not fine :-)

Yes, yes, tortuosit! I've alreade watched many of that. The Link you postet is new but... evey Video has roundabout 200 MB... remember my Volume-Problem.

But one or two additional Videos... yes this I will enjoy.

Do you have an hint: Is there an Video where I can see an Manta transporting a Walrus via Hook?

I can't really see the point of this so late in the game. The full thing is getting released in a few days, but there you have it. :confused:

Do you have an hint: Is there an Video where I can see an Manta transporting a Walrus via Hook?

Hmm... is it possible? Have I seen it (hmm IIRC yes)... In an official video maybe...

It should / will be Possible. In some videos you can see the stuff, you can mantas equip with - an the hook is there. Also in some interviews they mentioned it. But could be that in beta2 it is not yet implementet (also maybe not in beta3). We will see...

By the way, if not recognized yet: Beta3 is for monday announced.

I didn't see anything in the video that's not in Beta 2, except for a cut scene animation of the carrier sinking, and of course the first person mission mode stuff.

The hook IS in beta 2 by the way.

Isn't the official release just 14 days away now?

Nono... don't give up! Think it over: Beta3 is ready - only the installer fails and this will be fixed on monday. So why should they not release it?

Yes... because the official launch is in two weeks. But on the other hand they have announced/promised it and therefore I believe in the good in this world...