Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96751 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22223405/ARMA2_OA_Build_96751.zip

more stability fixes

quite some crashfixes included, some debug traps for tracked issues

several other betas regressions shall be fixed too

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: SUPPORTED, enjoy ...

Looking good.

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Looking good.

this is working great, not had a crash and the LODs are working as they should do. :)

LODs seem better in this release...not totally fixed, but improved, especially on buildings. Trees still seem to have a hard time switching LOD at the appropriate time/distance.

I can't see any appreciable difference in LOD switching with last betas. Were related tweaks made for this beta? I hope that BIS will inform us as to when they are making LOD switching tweaks, so we know when (and what) to test...

I haven't seen any LOD changes myself either. We deff need more detailed patch notes so we know what to test. I didn't mind so much leading up to 1.62 considering all of the underground changes required for security and DayZ, but it's a trend that really shouldn't continue.

"more stability fixes

quite some crashfixes included,

several other betas regressions"

Just isn't enough.

I don't see any LOD changes on buildings, I guess that's good, it looks good. Trees are still a bit slow to swap LODS when you zoom.

I haven't seen any LOD changes myself either. We deff need more detailed patch notes so we know what to test. I didn't mind so much leading up to 1.62 considering all of the underground changes required for security and DayZ, but it's a trend that really shouldn't continue.

"more stability fixes

quite some crashfixes included,

several other betas regressions"

Just isn't enough.

no you don't need to know about anything what's not needed ... especially not about dozens crash fixes and debug traps... double time if that bug was introduced in same beta cycle

Well, I agree with that, dwarden. Beta cycle bugs are pointless to detail in most cases. I said that under the clear assumption that LOD stuff has changed again without any changelog info once again. (And I still maintain that stuff like that needs documented) Don't look too much into the tone of my post, I was tired, cranky, and out of green at the time. :P I really do appreciate all the work you guys are doing, I can't stress that enough.