Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

What nationality could the resistance pass for?

I'm building a mission right now that involves the resistance as terrorists, but i dont know what nationality to make them out as. right now, they are the "----------- Militants". I need to fill the blank with something, but i have no idea where these guys could be from confused.gif

p.s. dont know if this is the correct forum for such a question

don't bother with nationality...just say they are militants...if you have to choose a name, why not use fictitious name that USSoldier11B mentioned in his JRTC thread?

While you are talking about an acronym - why don't you use FIA tounge.gif

Totally! Its written all over their vehicles too! ........I cant believe i didnt think of that, thanks man. smile.gif

you can say they're ceska militants, just look at the roads, the bustops and stuff! BIS just looked out there windows and start modeling wink.gif

I've just been there, so I saw it with my own eyes.

For some strange reason the Resistance seems very Czech. Wonder why? tounge.gif

BTW: JRTC fictious armies:

JRTC takes place on the ficticious latin island of Aragon that is notionally 2,500 miles East of Florida.

Consists of three nations.

1. Cortina (allied democracy)

2. Atlantica (communist)

3. Victoria (neutral, I forget type of political system since we didn't deal much with it)

Allied:

RCA: Republic of Cortina Army

RCNG: Republic of Cortina National Gendarmie

Enemy:

CLF: Cortina Liberation Front

LUG: Leesville Urban Group (terrorist faction)

PRA: People's Revolutionary Army (People's Democratic Republic of Atlantica) hmmm, democratic? they are commies.

PRM: People's Revolutionary Militia

PP: People's Police

FST: Frontier Security Troops

They are definitely Czech... tounge.gif

Much of their equipment is Czech (their truck, Kozlice, etc.)

But what does FIA mean? Any speculations?!

I remember the original campaign once mentioned them as the "Everon Liberation Army" or something... what was it?

I'm using the Resistance a lot in my campaign - although the acronym is probably Czech, I reckon its "Free Island Alliance"

its weird though, cause FIA is the last three letters in mafia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm building a mission right now that involves the resistance as terrorists<span id='postcolor'>

Terrorists?

Aren't they supposed to be the good ones, defending their country from the soviets?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 26 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm building a mission right now that involves the resistance as terrorists<span id='postcolor'>

Terrorists?

Aren't they supposed to be the good ones, defending their country from the soviets?<span id='postcolor'>

yes, but my mission is in no way connected to the original campeign. I wanted to build a mission based on anti-terrorist\militant operations, and i figued the resistance would work perfectly smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 26 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ June 26 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm building a mission right now that involves the resistance as terrorists<span id='postcolor'>

Terrorists?

Aren't they supposed to be the good ones, defending their country from the soviets?<span id='postcolor'>

yes, but my mission is in no way connected to the original campeign. I wanted to build a mission based on anti-terrorist\militant operations, and i figued the resistance would work perfectly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah.

And by the way, there was a thread recently containing speculations about what FIA means... I believe the avon lady came up with something that it could be Everon Liberation Army or something, in their own language.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 26 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its weird though, cause FIA is the last three letters in mafia.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

I see conspiracy.....

BIS is actually a mafia based on Czech computer industry out to destroy FPS market......

wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 26 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 26 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its weird though, cause FIA is the last three letters in mafia.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

I see conspiracy.....

BIS is actually a mafia based on Czech computer industry out to destroy FPS market......

wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, bless the lord.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Terrorists?

Aren't they supposed to be the good ones, defending their country from the soviets? <span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. as ben laden did in afganistan 1982. From now we must call him "freedom fighter" . Lets notify CNN, they did't know it yet. :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 26 2002,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FIA? What could that stand for?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe a flying school. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 26 2002,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FIA? What could that stand for?<span id='postcolor'>

Do people just ignore my posts?

The Resistence could be Latvian, Lithuanian, or Estonian, could they not?