That's a "feature" that would turn a strategic Warfare Simulaton game bck into a hump from town to town and never bother about Logistics since you can always refuel and rearm at any pile of rubble on the map.

It's not about strategic stuff since you still can repair at main bunkers via service point menu !

It's just in case you land ,for example, a damaged helicopter near town and you can't get closer to main bunker ! instead of calling a repair truck from base that will most likely get stuck in Takistan's hills for example,you go bring a fuel truck from main bunker which will alow you to fly to there !

Can you please fix helicopter to allow them to get airlift feature when Airlift upgrade is done,so you don't have to buy another one ?

073 Released with some little delay (had to fix/test a few stuff), I hope that i didn't forget anything in the mission package :)

Download is here, changelog is here.

PS: It should work good on A2 Vanilla itself, tell me if you meet some odd problems or something on Vanilla.

073 Released with some little delay (had to fix/test a few stuff), I hope that i didn't forget anything in the mission package :)

PS: It should work good on A2 Vanilla itself, tell me if you meet some odd problems or something on Vanilla.

BANANA release !

Excellent work,keep them coming !

old story:

1. east have medic m113 for 750.

2.You come to enemy town - - looks empty get to depot and over couple of minutes spawn like 30-40 ais around you.not fun.

3.You have to wait in enemy town to take - even when you kill all defenders.Logically town need to be taken as soon as defenders killed.Camps allow you spawn so should take longer time.

Generally much laggy than 071 - tank duel 200m distance both tanks died because server not register shots

Edited by kotov12345

Benny thanks as usual for your hard work on this mod. :)

When I play Warfare I swap out the Guerrilla units with different units to make them stronger. I have a few questions regarding the changes since 071:

What is the difference beteween Server_GetTownGroups.sqf and Server_GetTownGroupsDefender.sqf? If I want to increase the number of Resistance units defending a town (I want more Armored_Heavy) which one would I edit? Both?

What are the numbers in these two files after the group names? Such as ["Armored_Heavy", 2, 1]. What does the 2, 1 specify?

The _groups_max = X parameter, what does this do? For example the SV>120 sized town has 8 max groups but there are clearly more than 8 groups listed.

2.You come to enemy town - - looks empty get to depot and over couple of minutes spawn like 30-40 ais around you.not fun.

Yeah, got that too. You have to increase the detection range. Benny explains how to do that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE&p=2209585&viewfull=1#post2209585

you can also change the values for the single towns in the editor

3.You have to wait in enemy town to take - even when you kill all defenders.Logically town need to be taken as soon as defenders killed.Camps allow you spawn so should take longer time.

Logically you have to go home by home to make sure there is no resistance. Logically you need build some infrastructure: offices, defenses, water, electricity. Logically there should be civilians. Logically... well, I think the way it is is fine.

073 Released with some little delay (had to fix/test a few stuff), I hope that i didn't forget anything in the mission package

Thanks Benny. I'll give this a play through when I get to it. ATM I'm in for the long run in an involved game in 071. Just had a good moment where an APC rumbled up to get repaired at my salvage truck - without being asked to ! WFBE never ceases to amaze me :).

Logically you have to go home by home to make sure there is no resistance. Logically you need build some infrastructure: offices, defenses, water, electricity. Logically there should be civilians. Logically... well, I think the way it is is fine.

Really ? :) I thought you killed everyone and that it.Why should I go to every empty home and cut water supply. :)

I'm talking about excising game and existing map ,not about something that bis might offer to buy over 2000 years.....Warfare 3990243 Thames Water version :) in order to win map you have to come to every house and cut water supply.... you make me smile man :)

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Yeah, got that too. You have to increase the detection range. Benny explains how to do that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE&p=2209585&viewfull=1#post2209585

you can also change the values for the single towns in the editor

send it to XR admin to do it -I'm only user :)

Edited by kotov12345

Benny thanks as usual for your hard work on this mod. :)

When I play Warfare I swap out the Guerrilla units with different units to make them stronger. I have a few questions regarding the changes since 071:

What is the difference beteween Server_GetTownGroups.sqf and Server_GetTownGroupsDefender.sqf? If I want to increase the number of Resistance units defending a town (I want more Armored_Heavy) which one would I edit? Both?

What are the numbers in these two files after the group names? Such as ["Armored_Heavy", 2, 1]. What does the 2, 1 specify?

The _groups_max = X parameter, what does this do? For example the SV>120 sized town has 8 max groups but there are clearly more than 8 groups listed.

Defender is equal to resistance atm, but in 074 or so, you'll be able to pick/set the defender (default town holder). The other file is about the occupation so it all depends on your needs :)

The values within the array (["Armored_Heavy", 2, 1]) is equal to:

["Unit bunch", force (higher mean that it'll have more chance to be picked), kind (0 is infantry, 1 is vehicle)].

So having ["Team", 2, 0],["Team_MG", 1, 0] = ["Team", 1, 0],["Team", 1, 0],["Team_MG", 1, 0]

_groups_max = maximum group in town per SV floors, this value change dynamically with the difficulty parameter.

Thanks Benny. I'll give this a play through when I get to it. ATM I'm in for the long run in an involved game in 071. Just had a good moment where an APC rumbled up to get repaired at my salvage truck - without being asked to ! WFBE never ceases to amaze me :).

Wait till you see mortars :)

Note that i've uploaded the missions again, there was a typo with artillery range (* instead of /).

Edited by Benny.

Benny, loving the mod as always - already been mortared a few times. :)

Was ALICE removed in 073 (or maybe ambient civilians haven't been working for a while and I didn't notice)? Thanks!

Benny, loving the mod as always - already been mortared a few times. :)

Was ALICE removed in 073 (or maybe ambient civilians haven't been working for a while and I didn't notice)? Thanks!

Yeah it was removed, it's too crude to be used for this mission, i'll write a more optimized one.

Really ? :) I thought you killed everyone and that it.Why should I go to every empty home and cut water supply. :)

I'm talking about excising game and existing map ,not about something that bis might offer to buy over 2000 years.....Warfare 3990243 Thames Water version :) in order to win map you have to come to every house and cut water supply.... you make me smile man :)

well, you were talking about logic. Considering that this is how it is done usually (you know, all the poor guys going house by house), I would say that logically there are a few things to do before you take a town, besides ruthlessly killing everybody. Things which, likewise logically, you don't want to do. All this logically means that the way it is is logical enough

Man, I'll change my name into Aristoteles

Defender is equal to resistance atm, but in 074 or so, you'll be able to pick/set the defender (default town holder). The other file is about the occupation so it all depends on your needs :)

The values within the array (["Armored_Heavy", 2, 1]) is equal to:

["Unit bunch", force (higher mean that it'll have more chance to be picked), kind (0 is infantry, 1 is vehicle)].

So having ["Team", 2, 0],["Team_MG", 1, 0] = ["Team", 1, 0],["Team", 1, 0],["Team_MG", 1, 0]

_groups_max = maximum group in town per SV floors, this value change dynamically with the difficulty parameter.

Thanks for the info. So increasing _groups_max will increase the number of resistance units defending a town?

Note that i've uploaded the missions again, there was a typo with artillery range (* instead of /).

Can you advise which file(s) were changed?

Thanks for the info. So increasing _groups_max will increase the number of resistance units defending a town?

Can you advise which file(s) were changed?

Yep, increasing it will increase the amount.

GUI_Menu_Tactical.sqf was changed & Init_CommonConstants.sqf (small tweak)

Benny,

We need a menu for AI management for 074 something like SQUAD leader center,iwhich you can create groups of your ais and give them special orders like patroling town, capturing town ,scout the outskirts ... it will be useful for massive PVP games without town occupation and 100 AI per player :D

Managing such a huge number of AIs using the BIS ai management is not very easy !

Also can you make only 1 condition available either destroyable camps or taking town by taking all camps. Another words If taking town by taking all camps on,camps are not destroyable and If camps destroyable take town taking all camps option is not available.

I have a problem I hope somebody can help me. The itself is running fluent without lags. But when I open the options in order to buy units in the later game it needs a long time (sometimes over two minutes) to open. How can i fix this? Thx

Hi , why is everybody playing 0.71 right now instead of 0.73 ?

Benny,

We need a menu for AI management for 074 something like SQUAD leader center,iwhich you can create groups of your ais and give them special orders like patroling town, capturing town ,scout the outskirts ... it will be useful for massive PVP games without town occupation and 100 AI per player :D

Managing such a huge number of AIs using the BIS ai management is not very easy !

Agreed. AI management is nightmare in Arma2. It would not be an issue but when I play WBE I usually like to deploy many AI units (some as squad members, some as defense units, etc.)

The worst part is the default grouping where you need to switch to another squad tab with F12.

Hi , why is everybody playing 0.71 right now instead of 0.73 ?

Because most servers run the mission slightly modified. And others don't want to lose mando.

Because most servers run the mission slightly modified. And others don't want to lose mando.

Because,sadly ,it's still unstable !

But they already have time to modified it , and i dont think most of the people like mando , i do like it , but the mayority dont .

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Because,sadly ,it's still unstable !

I didnt know that , why ?

Edited by Nec

Didn't see an example in the default mission, what must one do to define camp locations (City or otherwise) now if porting to another map (one that doesn't have the cities defined in the maps own config, or adding non-city depots, etc? The depot/camp/defenses themselves are obvious enough, but the marker method used previously for the location itself(v71 think was last I did, where you place marker with same name that depot uses) doesn't seem to work. mission never starts and get a constant repeating error in the rpt. Thanks for any help

rpt has this over and over

Private ["_towns"];

waitUntil {townModeSet};
_towns = [0,0,0] nearEnt>
2012/10/08,  1:05:54   Error position: <townModeSet};

_towns = [0,0,0] nearEnt>
2012/10/08,  1:05:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: townmodeset
2012/10/08,  1:05:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.clafghan\Common\Init\Init_Towns.sqf, line 3
2012/10/08,  1:05:54 Error in expression <ns.sqf"