Spawn kind is based on SV.

This should do the job.

But AI players still purchase wrong units 8(

Excellent !!!! Keep us informed please .
I would be VERY interested in this if you can get this to work. I would certainly be willing to test. That would be awesome!
I actually gave this to DJ_Barney about a week ago and hopefully there could be a way to make it work on a linux dedicated server

I did not have time to take a proper look at that. I'm not understanding yet what is the mechanism for ArmA2 to save all its data. Does it have a mechanism to save everything - the same one that is used to save a client only game ? Or does there have to be code written for every savable item ? If that is the case then it would be enough to code for town states and location + loadout of units. But what about bases that have been built ? There must innumerable little things that need to be saved to make a game worth continuing. I'm seeing a lot of mods out there using ArmA2net and the SQL plugin (DayZ for example). Might there not be a common method for doing all this ? Using CBA for example ?

As to Linux, I know it makes sense on my setup to be connecting to a Linux DB but I'm not sure if this is true for everyone.

I did not have time to take a proper look at that. I'm not understanding yet what is the mechanism for ArmA2 to save all its data. Does it have a mechanism to save everything - the same one that is used to save a client only game ?

At the moment it does not have code to save any client information like funds, AI Squad Members, Vehicles in your group, last position played, last gear loadout. The whole database saving code has been rewritten to be more flexible with saving information so the next part I am already working on is client save code.

Or does there have to be code written for every savable item ? If that is the case then it would be enough to code for town states and location + loadout of units. But what about bases that have been built ? There must innumerable little things that need to be saved to make a game worth continuing.

It seams like every item that needs to be saved to the database has to have code to get the item, insert/update the database and then on restart get item out of database and for example move the item to the last known position. Bases also need to be saved, in the new code I am already saving the starting locations that the system picks when you start a game and restore the same position on restart. I guess that means there is a lot of information that needs to be saved.

I'm seeing a lot of mods out there using ArmA2net and the SQL plugin (DayZ for example). Might there not be a common method for doing all this ? Using CBA for example ?

Well considering they are limiting the use of copy to clipboard on client/server side, the only way I think of is to use callExtension with ArmA2net and the SQL plugin. CBA does not have any functions for working with a database currently.

As to Linux, I know it makes sense on my setup to be connecting to a Linux DB but I'm not sure if this is true for everyone.

With the current system you can connect from a windows server to any MySQL database server running on any platform, but since the linux dedicated server does not have callExtension, I really don't know a way to connect to a DB. There might be someone with better linux experience that could find a way.

is it possible to edit how long a destroyed vehicles stays on the battlefield?

is it possible to edit how long a destroyed vehicles stays on the battlefield?

There is a parameter just for that ! look into param list for Vehicle's lifespan

With the current system you can connect from a windows server to any MySQL database server running on any platform, but since the linux dedicated server does not have callExtension, I really don't know a way to connect to a DB. There might be someone with better linux experience that could find a way.

If your server stays on and you just want to pause a game to finish it later you can send a SIGSTOP to the server. You can then resume with a SIGCONT. I tried it a couple of times.

There are applications to save the entire state of an application, but I have never used them.

There is a parameter just for that ! look into param list for Vehicle's lifespan

if you're referring to the one in the parameters you set at the start of the match, i think that applies to vehicles which are still functioning but don't have any occupants (which i assume is to prevent abandoned vehicles from building up and stressing the server over time). is that incorrect?

i was trying to figure out how to edit how long a destroyed vehicle will continue to remain on the battlefield smoking and burning.

if you're referring to the one in the parameters you set at the start of the match, i think that applies to vehicles which are still functioning but don't have any occupants (which i assume is to prevent abandoned vehicles from building up and stressing the server over time). is that incorrect?

i was trying to figure out how to edit how long a destroyed vehicle will continue to remain on the battlefield smoking and burning.

Does the bodies lifetime parameter also affect destroyed vehicles? Since troops are also considered a "vehicle".

bugs:

1. when commander alter goals of their AI's from "take towns" to sometning else, they stuck, into that role, ignore choosen unittype, attempts to revert back[both goal, role, type and stance. and further ignore "command" UI input] nor never buy any kind of units to reinforce himself.

also path-finding in "patrol"/"protect" modes quite buggy. for example, sometimes vehicle/tank AI's take way-points inside/within Forrest ;) probably single "Hold" waypoing[with radius of placement in case of "Patrol" non-zero, combined with "Cycle"]would b little better

also commander decision/defaults about their role/stance wasn't obvious/optimal :)

also empty resistance PK-Bunkers in Novy Sobor[in Chernarus island]look weird until you pick "FULL towns" number of capturable towns[which include Novy Sobor into them].

p.s.

its thre any chance to add reinforced/frequent/strict grabage collection/dumping in BE Wf ?

if kinda popular *flush* hotkey feats used

both client-side and server-side[there is no texture cache and other stuff -issues on server-side, but others remain]

about every ~10-30 minutes[tweakable?].

Edited by BasileyOne

(2.073) How do you make it so you can use the ace gear sqf? hell any of the ace sqfs? I added some ace modules and stuff. Just can't get it to do it. Help please?

i got many lines of this error :

Error in expression <%1_PATROL_%2", _side, _type];

if (count _available > 0) then {_group = _availabl>

Error position: <_available > 0) then {_group = _availabl>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _available

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\Server\Functions\Server_GetTownPatrol.sqf, line 23

Benny how do you get Warfare only to use those groups defined in /Common/Config/Core/Squads? Such as Squad_RU.sqf, I do not want the game to pull the default groups and only use the groups I have defined in this file. Have tried commenting on this part:

//--- Overall Dump.

_return = ["East", "RU", ["RU_Pchela1TSquadron","RU_Ka52Squadron"]] Call Compile preprocessFile "Common\Config\Core_Squads\Squads_GetFactionGroups.sqf";

_aiTeamTemplates = _return select 0;

_aiTeamTemplateName = _return select 1;

_aiTeamTemplateRequires = _return select 2;

_aiTeamTypes = _return select 3;

_aiTeamUpgrades = _return select 4;

But then no groups shows at all for East, even the ones defined in the file.

One last question: on LAN play when reloading the save game, other players cannot use the build menu. When they try they get the circle that stays there forever until they reconnect, but no menu of items to buy comes up. This issue started in 071 I believe. Is it possible for you to fix this?

Apart from this, West or East versus defending / patrolling resistance works well in LAN.

Does anyone know if there are future plans to release this on Lingor 1.4?

I know there's an ACE version of BE on Lingor but it is fairly bugged, and I was more interested in a non-ace version of BE for Lingor island...anyone know if it exists yet?

If your server stays on and you just want to pause a game to finish it later you can send a SIGSTOP to the server. You can then resume with a SIGCONT. I tried it a couple of times.

There are applications to save the entire state of an application, but I have never used them.

I didn't check but maybe copyToClipboard/copyFromClipboard work on linux DS?

The "units removal" param is the one you're looking for, it defines how long a unit may remain "dead" on the battlefield. the "empty vehicle" one is just about living units.

Does the bodies lifetime parameter also affect destroyed vehicles? Since troops are also considered a "vehicle".

It does. I may split them in 074 (Bodies/Vehicles).

bugs:

1. when commander alter goals of their AI's from "take towns" to sometning else, they stuck, into that role, ignore choosen unittype, attempts to revert back[both goal, role, type and stance. and further ignore "command" UI input] nor never buy any kind of units to reinforce himself.

also path-finding in "patrol"/"protect" modes quite buggy. for example, sometimes vehicle/tank AI's take way-points inside/within Forrest ;) probably single "Hold" waypoing[with radius of placement in case of "Patrol" non-zero, combined with "Cycle"]would b little better

also commander decision/defaults about their role/stance wasn't obvious/optimal :)

also empty resistance PK-Bunkers in Novy Sobor[in Chernarus island]look weird until you pick "FULL towns" number of capturable towns[which include Novy Sobor into them].

p.s.

its thre any chance to add reinforced/frequent/strict grabage collection/dumping in BE Wf ?

if kinda popular *flush* hotkey feats used

both client-side and server-side[there is no texture cache and other stuff -issues on server-side, but others remain]

about every ~10-30 minutes[tweakable?].

Commander/AI Fsm will be reworked for the best. I'm not sure about what you mean by dumping/GC.

(2.073) How do you make it so you can use the ace gear sqf? hell any of the ace sqfs? I added some ace modules and stuff. Just can't get it to do it. Help please?

modACE = true; in initJIPCompatible.sqf shall do the job, otherwise you can tweak init_common.sqf to load some special SQF. (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Editing may help)

Benny how do you get Warfare only to use those groups defined in /Common/Config/Core/Squads? Such as Squad_RU.sqf, I do not want the game to pull the default groups and only use the groups I have defined in this file. Have tried commenting on this part:

But then no groups shows at all for East, even the ones defined in the file.

One last question: on LAN play when reloading the save game, other players cannot use the build menu. When they try they get the circle that stays there forever until they reconnect, but no menu of items to buy comes up. This issue started in 071 I believe. Is it possible for you to fix this?

Apart from this, West or East versus defending / patrolling resistance works well in LAN.

Simply replace:

//--- Overall Dump.
_return = ["East", "RU", ["RU_Pchela1TSquadron","RU_Ka52Squadron"]] Call Compile preprocessFile "Common\Config\Core_Squads\Squads_GetFactionGroups.sqf";
_aiTeamTemplates = _return select 0;
_aiTeamTemplateName = _return select 1;
_aiTeamTemplateRequires = _return select 2;
_aiTeamTypes = _return select 3;
_aiTeamUpgrades = _return select 4;

With:

_aiTeamTemplates = [];
_aiTeamTemplateName = [];
_aiTeamTemplateRequires = [];
_aiTeamTypes = [];
_aiTeamUpgrades = [];

Lan Save/Load is not fully supported yet, i'll try to "improve" it with UI serialization & uiNamespace.

Good news about the defender variation btw :)

I know there's an ACE version of BE on Lingor but it is fairly bugged, and I was more interested in a non-ace version of BE for Lingor island...anyone know if it exists yet?

Porting it to lingor shouldn't be too hard now :)

I didn't check but maybe copyToClipboard/copyFromClipboard work on linux DS?

what do you mean?

Hello guys,

Here's the first part of my first warfare BE tutorial ! hope you will find it useful ... i will keep updating it with new content ! stay tuned!

TUTORIAL

Thread already deleted? Link is down. lol.

Thread already deleted? Link is down. lol.

WASP community is dead !

i need to post it somewhere else !!

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Hi all, I not sure if this is rised before but I was just playing WFBE and had some freezes (5 to 10 sec) in my gameplay. So I checked the RPT file. It had these lines.

"Error in expression <get [%3] [%4].", _town, _side, _target, typeOf _target]] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_LogCon>

Error position: <typeOf _target]] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_LogCon>

Error typeof: Type Array, expected Object

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\Server\Functions\Server_FNC_TownDefenses.sqf, line 121"

Version 162 LAN play 4 aside. 2.073

Hi Benny,

got this error wrote in the log:

Common_CreateVehicle.sqf: [EAST] Vehicle [<null>] was created at [[5437.1,6834.14,0]]."
Error in expression <_GetSideID};

_vehicle = createVehicle [_type, _position, [], 7, _special];
if (>
 Error position: <_type, _position, [], 7, _special];
if (>
 Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _type
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\Common\Functions\Common_CreateVehicle.sqf, line 28

How can I fix it?

So go port it over. What's stopping you?

Knowledge and time? Don't harrass a dude for just asking. Not everyone has the free time to learn to edit and design missions.

benny,you were lagged out ? :D massive message spam :D

Kinda :)

what do you mean?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/copyFromClipboard

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/copyToClipboard

Hi all, I not sure if this is rised before but I was just playing WFBE and had some freezes (5 to 10 sec) in my gameplay. So I checked the RPT file. It had these lines.

"Error in expression <get [%3] [%4].", _town, _side, _target, typeOf _target]] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_LogCon>

Error position: <typeOf _target]] Call WFBE_CO_FNC_LogCon>

Error typeof: Type Array, expected Object

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\Server\Functions\Server_FNC_TownDefenses.sqf, line 121"

Version 162 LAN play 4 aside. 2.073

Hey, could it be possible to have more details? or even the RPT file.

Hi Benny,

got this error wrote in the log:

Common_CreateVehicle.sqf: [EAST] Vehicle [<null>] was created at [[5437.1,6834.14,0]]."
Error in expression <_GetSideID};

_vehicle = createVehicle [_type, _position, [], 7, _special];
if (>
 Error position: <_type, _position, [], 7, _special];
if (>
 Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _type
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\Common\Functions\Common_CreateVehicle.sqf, line 28

How can I fix it?

Hey, need the RPT too :)