Sign in to follow this  
jacknorrisuk

Geekery and gaming: Art projects, homeware, fan creations etc.

I'll be honest with ya guys. I'm a massive geek. And I like making stuff too. I was wondering if anyone else round here uses up any of their spare time making/doing nerdy little creative things that might be appreciated here? Seeing as DayZ is on the rise, and I've been able to spend more time lovin' Arma 2, I'm tempted to try and make some cuddly Chernarus-themed thing. Any ideas?

I just finished my Minecraft bean bag and thought I'd share it.

http://i.imgur.com/a1PJk.jpg

I also turned my desk fan into a Plants vs Zombies Sunflower!

http://i.imgur.com/tGFTh.jpg

And I drew some pictures of Duke Nukem when I was 7 years old!

http://i.imgur.com/oRkiXl.jpg

Come on peeps. I'm sure some of you have made some lovely things.

Edited by Max Power

To be honest, all you can love about Chernarus would be two things: The Flag of Chernorussia, and the Chernarus Anthem...

jacknorrisuk

I think your crafty creative efforts are quite impressive. However, please be aware of out image size rules. We have an image maximum of 100KB on the forum for hyperlinking. Larger images should be linked only to their URL. Your images are quite nice, so I would suggest you find an image hosting service that provides thumbnails. Picasa allows you to link images of different sizes, and there are other image hosting sites out there with different thumbnail schemes.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Your pictures are quit amazing, esp. that fan.:don7:

I've attemted to build my own aluminium PC case once because I dislike today's plastic / metal ones, let alone design on most of them. I did eventually failed as the bloody aluminium is quite hard to work with :P

I might get back to it at some point though, combining some exotic wood with aluminium :dj:

All arma2 fans should have a pc case made out of an old ammo box:

ammobox0006.jpg

jacknorrisuk

I think your crafty creative efforts are quite impressive. However, please be aware of out image size rules. We have an image maximum of 100KB on the forum for hyperlinking. Larger images should be linked only to their URL. Your images are quite nice, so I would suggest you find an image hosting service that provides thumbnails. Picasa allows you to link images of different sizes, and there are other image hosting sites out there with different thumbnail schemes.

Sorry about that, DARNNIT I just paste pictures everywhere out of habit. I'm like a 5 year old with some blue tack.

Thanks for the feedback!

Man, that ammo case PC is cool! Is it not potentially dangerous building a custom metal PC case?

Man, that ammo case PC is cool! Is it not potentially dangerous building a custom metal PC case?

Yes find some good instructions and make sure you know what you are doing, insulate properly and prevent any wire chafe on sharp edges. Make sure all metal scraps are removed and the case has enough ventillation. You could end up electrocuting yourself or frying somevery expensive equipment. Apart from that the biggest hazard are the power tools used to cut out the metal, I have cut fingers to the bone 2x doing similar things, take care and wear eye protection, it's easy to rush or cut corners and then lose fingers or worse. It's probably not something you can get done in 1 weekend.

Edited by PELHAM