Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha Thread - the only one!

Still no answer in the forums or from support! Thanks guys that you are nice to your customers if your games don't work <3

As far as I can see it's your own fault, because you have provided almost zero information about your problem. No one can help you if they don't know what's going on. There are no "magicians" here, and there is is no magic instant universal fix that will solve whatever issue you are experiencing.

So if you want help, give us more info:

- Your system specs (hardware + windows version).

- Your exact Arma2/OA distribution, i.e. where did you buy it? (So far all we know is "not Steam".)

- Where are Arma2 and OA installed?

- In what order did you install them?

- Have you applied any patches?

As far as I can see it's your own fault, because you have provided almost zero information about your problem. No one can help you if they don't know what's going on. There are no "magicians" here, and there is is no magic instant universal fix that will solve whatever issue you are experiencing.

So if you want help, give us more info:

- Your system specs (hardware + windows version).

- Your exact Arma2/OA distribution, i.e. where did you buy it? (So far all we know is "not Steam".)

- Where are Arma2 and OA installed?

- In what order did you install them?

- Have you applied any patches?

[sOLVED]

You guys are helpful but this error is a tough one. I've now completely uninstalled both Arma2 and Arma2 OA. I bought the game Arma2:CO from Steam for like $19.99.

My PC Specs:

CPU: AMD A8-3800

RAM: 8gb DDR3

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6550D

Now this error started for me when I removed the launch parameters in steam for OA from what it was (ex: -mod=@CBA,@CBA_A2, @CBA_OA, @ACE, so on so forth.) If I removed it and left the target line blank, Arma 2 OA would NOT start due to MPTable.shadow followed by pixel shader. Arma 2 ran fine no problem. Before uninstalling I was able to load Arma 2 OA without the MPTable / Pixel shader error by simply adding -mod= and nothing else to the launch parameter. However as I am unable to use the 2D editor for some reason using that method I was unable to create mission pbos so that definitely defeats the purpose.

My Arma 2 version was updated auto by steam to 1.11. I'm backing up the files currently so I don't have to re-install again.. my internet bill this month :(.

Now in the past all I had to do was disable my add-ons to remedy this but as I can't run disable the add-ons while they are in use (that is why I'm guessing the option to disable is removed while they are enabled)?

If I think of anything else to add of figure out how to fix it I'll add it. Thanks for any feedback.

- Bishop

*Fix - Completely uninstalling Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, removing all associated folders and registry keys manually, fresh install of Arma 2 (first), fresh install of Arma 2 OA, all done with Steam and Admin rights given within steam properties so that is always runs as admin.

Backing up files now, will let you know if anything changes.*

Edited by Bishop

Still no answer in the forums or from support! Thanks guys that you are nice to your customers if your games don't work <3

Did you actually contact support? I just searched our support system for your registered email address and you haven't opened a support ticket?

I was having troubles, till I...

1. Remove the mod folders.

2. Uninstall Operation Arrowhead (if Arma 2 works.) Delete user missions and saved games.

3. Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

4. Did shizzle. Installed Namalsk Crisis.

5. Takistani Life Revolution.

?? Profit.

I have arma 2 + RFT in retail DVD.

Worked untill 1.62 patch.

The following was done as ADMIN.

Reinstalled arma2

Reinstalled RFT

Ran both ok

Applied 1.60 patch

Both ran OK

APplied 1.62 patch

Arma 2 ok, RFT ERROR

Ununstalled all battleeyes from "add\remove"

uninstalled batleeye from arma2 folder.

Still error

Added shortcut to "arma2rft.exe -mod="

Works!!

How can i resinstall batleeye?

(came to think of it, last time i had arma2 + RFT installed, i istalled them in seprate directories, with RFT first. no problems)

Hi every one! I also get this error (in my case after updating to 1.62) and tried many things without luck (I got ARMA 2 and RFT retail versions) and adding "-mod=" in the shortcut command line fixed my problem; just like Octavian said. :bounce3:

Hey there

I have the same issue... I tried the following:

1. Uninstall everything

2. Reboot

3. Install ARMA2

4. Patch ARMA2 to 1.11 version (Two steps: a. patch 1.05, b. patch 1.11)

5. Run ARMA2 Once

6. Install ARMA2 OA

7. Patch ARMA2 OA to 1.60 ver

8. Run ARMA2 OA Once

9. Patch ARMA2 to 1.62 ver

10. Run ARMA2 OA

Until step 6, evering works fine. I'm not able to install the 1.60 patch because it seems like i allready have installed ARMA 2 OA (1.62) ...

I did not buy the game via steam, i got it from a website called "gamesload.de"

I have run everything as administrator

I have disabled my antivirus

I have updated my video driver (Nvidia GTX 670)

My OS is Windows 7 x64

...i guess thats all...

i'll happily provide further information if something is missing =)

thanks for your help in advance

*EDIT*

It is possible to start the "Arma2 OA Beta Patch". But after it is started i get two error messages and the menue is all messed up...

Eorror Messages:

Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found

No enty 'bin\condif.bin/RsdnGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'.

Edited by JohnLock

tried everything

Could you please be more specific on what exactly you already tried? So people can check if you maybe missed a step somewhere by accident. No offence, just experience has shown that often when people say "tried everything", they skipped/missed a point.

The more detailed you are in your description of the error and what you've already tried, the easier it is for people to help. Also include your system specs and where you bought the game (different distributions sometimes need different solutions to work).

Thank you.

Myke;2446101']Could you please be more specific on what exactly you already tried? So people can check if you maybe missed a step somewhere by accident. No offence' date=' just experience has shown that often when people say "tried everything", they skipped/missed a point.

The more detailed you are in your description of the error and what you've already tried, the easier it is for people to help. Also include your system specs and where you bought the game (different distributions sometimes need different solutions to work).

Thank you.[/quote']

i did run everything as adminstator and that 10 steps but the most didnt work because it gave an message that i already installed it etc my specs is not the case in this situation because 2 days ago it worked fine i bought the game on steam

I spent hours and hours trying to fix my Arma II install (to play DayZ). Arma II would run fine, but Operation Arrowhead would throw all sorts of bizarre and seemingly random errors. Unfortunately, I needed to play OA to have Steam set the CD key in the registry, but without OA working I could not play. I've finally come across a (rather obvious) fix that worked for me:

Just run steam as admin!

Haha, I bet that scared you for a moment! No, my solution goes further than this.

Assuming your Arma II install works but your OA doesn't launch (like my problem):

1. Uninstall Battleye from Arma II and Arma II:OA.

2. In your Arma II Operation Arrowhead folder, delete Arma2OA.exe.

3. Remove your @DayZ folder and anything else you may have added to your OA folder.

4. Remove any launch options from steam or shortcuts you use.

5. Make sure you have the correct *beta* version of Arma2OA.exe in your /expansion/beta/ folder. You may need to try reinstalling whatever version you are currently using and make sure that the date modified gets updated.

6. Now, if you are using Steam like me you need to do a verify game data on Arma II:OA. If your situation is like mine you should get 2 files, and you should see Arma2OA.exe appear back in your OA folder.

7. Restart steam in Admin mode and launch Arma II and it should prompt you to reinstall Battleye. Do so and pick something in the Armory to make sure it's working alright.

8. Still in Admin mode on steam, launch Arma II:OA and it should prompt you to install Battleye as well. Hopefully this will bring you the main screen with no issues. If you do have issues, either you missed a step or you have a corrupt install and may need to redownload (unless you already tried that, in which case: good luck with that).

9. If your Armory works then you can proceed with trying Combined Ops, if that works then you should be good to go and can put @DayZ back in and try running the beta again. I use the following wall of text as my launch target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

This was recommended in the DayZ wiki and it seems to work great for me now. If you don't like the weird menu background then remove the "-world=empty"

What if im have the game through gamestop?

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

We get at least 10-20 support tickets every single day about these two errors, why people don't use a google search and find the answer in 3 seconds is beyond me!

It's always due to not running steam as admin, sometimes it requires a complete fresh install of the games once Steam has been set to run as admin:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5892/steamadmin2.jpg

(obviously disabling AV when install also helps).

what if i have the game through gamestop app?

Hi,

Let me start by saying that I have Steam versions of both Arma2 and OA and they both worked fine with mods installed (amongst them DayZ) until this morning. The last time I played OA I had to disable all mods to be able to play online, which I did through the Expansions menu in OA. Today I decided to re-enable all the mods because I wanted to try working in the map editor, and when I restarted OA I got this error (the PSSpecularAlpha error).

What I've tried so far in the last 6 hours:

- Launched Steam, Arma2 and OA in admin mode

- Removed the mods entirely from my OA directory

- Reinstalled both games and the beta (also deleting any mention of the games and the mods)

- Reinstalled Battleye

- Added "-mod=" to the launch parameters of OA in Steam

The ONLY thing that worked has been the last one, it finally got me into OA (Arma2 btw worked fine after I reinstalled it). Having done that I added the mods back, however what this parameter does is disable all mods so they don't show up in OA at all, even as an option to enable them. So I thought what the heck, now what? I ran the OA Beta and behold! I can enable the mods again through OA Beta, but they still don't show up in OA proper. So the thing is, yes everything works again but only if I execute OA Beta.... Is this weird? Has anyone else found this to be the only fix that works for them?

if you reinstalled OA, make sure you started OA itself once (non beta) ... because OA beta isn't triggering the STEAM process with registry creation etc.

anyway the bug is usually related to incorrect installs or updates or not created profile files / registry entries etc. (e.g. running OA beta w/o OA data installed or starting OA once first)

So I get this issue too, but it's purely because of the mods I've selected in the "Expansions" menu. I can launch it fine using Six Updater, or by using the _runA2CO command script in the installation folder, and it worked fine before I tried to launch it with some (apparently incompatible) mods in this menu. Is there any way to make the default Arma 2 launch normally through Steam by editing this list somewhere?

We get at least 10-20 support tickets every single day about these two errors, why people don't use a google search and find the answer in 3 seconds is beyond me!

It's always due to not running steam as admin, sometimes it requires a complete fresh install of the games once Steam has been set to run as admin

We do google, it's still very difficult. I never got it installed until I sat down and figured it out for myself. The stickies on the dayz forum are vague and missing steps.

Edited by nightpaws1

What I've done so far is, I've obviously purchased both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, and I have installed Arma 2 successfully but whenever I try to install Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead it displays these errors: nevermind.. Strangely, a message popped up saying Steam is running in Windows Compatibility mode and seems to run Operation Arrowhead now. Although I'll run through everything again just to make sure it's fixed, thanks for your help. I'll keep you updated when it's fully fixed.

Before you say "Dead thread is dead" I'm having this same problem 4 years later.

Steam running in Compatibility mode is Steam running as an administrator.

Also, running steam as an administrator disrupts my ability to play other games, such as Rust, so unless you want me to toggle it on and off every time I play your game I don't see how that's a viable solution. I installed AMD drivers, and tried some of the above solutions and looked in other threads and nothing has worked.

Note: This happens when I try to play DayZ and not when I try to play OA or Arma II vanilla