Sign in to follow this  
sevensixtytwo

Need help contacting some authors

Does anybody know any other way to contact Hyakushiki and Cheeky Monkey? I'd like to request permission to use some of their assets (namely Hyk's soldier models and CM's IER weapons pack) in a mod but Hyakushiki hasn't replied to my e-mail for over a week while CM didn't leave a way to contact him in the readme of the IER pack.

EDIT: On that note, would anyone also know if blackblood can be contacted? :D

Thanks.

Edited by sevensixtytwo

Hyakushiki you might contact him on the Japanese Defence force mod website?

Cheeky Monkey has not been around for years, pretty sure he would not mind you using his stuff I remember asking him if I could use parts of his stuff and he said sure, I can't find the message any more though. Unfortunately I guess my memory does not count on that scale.

Blackblood visited the forum briefly several months ago, he didn't answer my old PM and I haven't seen him since.

STGN

@STGN: Ah, I see. I'll try my luck over there then. Much appreciated. :D

@krzychuzokecia: Yeah, I considered using those, but I reckon the ALICE gear and backpack on Hyk's '85 Woodland Soldiers is already closer to what I was looking for. I've actually been working on it for a few weeks now, just seeing if I can get permission to release it.

Regarding blackblood: do you think he'd mind if I re-released some of his SAS/UK troop models with llauma heads and redone geometries and textures? Did it a few months back because I felt the paras l were missing things like shemaghs and other stuff. Also removed the random gear scripts, with every unit having a unique model, including crew and pilots. Don't know if anyone else would want them. They're quite similar to the Project UKF Soldiers 2.0 which NEVER GOT RELEASED. ahem, sorry, I get touchy on that subject. xD

Try to reach them by PM first, though afaik all of them 'disappeared' years ago.

If that is not successful we can hand over their registration emails and you try it this way, or we try to contact them for you.

Okay, I'll start messaging them and give it another week. Thanks for all the help, guys.

You should look at the post history of HYK on the forums here; he stated that everyone is allowed to create derivative work from his US soldier pack and release it. So you don't need to gather personal permission additionally.

Woah, that's a relief! Much thanks for that!

BTW, do I still need permission if my units use weapons from, lets say, SJB's pack?

Edited by sevensixtytwo

Only if you take models and textures and put them in to your pack. If your units just requires the SJB pack to play, then no.

STGN

Edited by STGN
poor language

Well,I really like to make some British Troops in MTP camo,but the addon-makers from UKF that made the troops to ofp(and blackblood used their mlods) are not playing games and impossible to contact,an UKF member said it to me.I can't make brit's with american helmets :)

Sevensixtytwo,are you making some MTP troops?

Well,I really like to make some British Troops in MTP camo,but the addon-makers from UKF that made the troops to ofp(and blackblood used their mlods) are not playing games and impossible to contact,an UKF member said it to me.I can't make brit's with american helmets :)

Sevensixtytwo,are you making some MTP troops?

A member of UKF told you that UKF can't be contacted, that's a bit of a contradiction :p

Have you tried contacting Messiah? He last posted today, and I am sure he is in contact with at least some other former members ...

I contacted Messiah,and he said it to me: "Other members that made ofp troops are not playing or making addons and impossible to contact" and he said "I can't give permission for work of others".

I've actually skinned BLB's troops into a variety of camo variants like pure Woodland DPM as well as MTP with Desert DPM vests (similar to ARMA2) a year ago or so.

But recently I've managed to get the hang of O2 and started editing the models themselves, like giving the Paras neck scarves and PLCE combat packs while the SAS get unbloused pants with denim textures. My brother was impressed and asked if I was going to release it and I told him that I didn't have permission to do so.

Anyway, here are some screens of what I'm currently working on:

Armed Forces of the Philippines (2000-2008)

PA (Philippine Army) Infantry (unmodified ACV-300 from Turkish Union Mod)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pa001.png

PA Scout Rangers

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pa002.png

PMC (Philippine Marine Corps) Infantry (V-150 is a retextured version from the VTE Mod - most probably non-releasable)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pmc001.png

PMC Force Reconnaisance

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pmc002.png

PMC Scout Snipers

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pmc003.png

PN (Philippine Navy) Special Warfare Group (SWAG)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/afp_pn001.png

Soldier models and textures were from Hyk's Soldier Pack with some models from Sanctuary's WW4 mod (the SWAG operator's protec helmet and the Ghillie suit base.) Heads are currently using converted VTE faces.

M16s/CAR-15s are re-sized and retextured BIS weapons. The MSSR was made from a modified BIS M16 with a Hunting Rifle scope plonked on top. The M60E3 is from Cheeky Monkey's IER pack. The M95 is from the KoFr Weapons pack by Matthias. 870 shotgun is from the Nightstalker shotgun pack by pathfinder. LAR VII rebreathers from COC Divers pack (still can't swim though.) Other weapons from JAM.

Most of the stuff is still WIP and I'm working on making most of the weapons myself and JAM-compatible.

Still to do:

Philippine Army Special Forces (Airborne)

Light Reaction Company

GKN Simba AFV

V-150 Commando (my own, but low priority since I don't really want to reinvent the wheel)

So another question: Is it acceptable if I use a vehicle from another mod but make it require that mod to work (ie, the V-150 still calls on several textures from the VTE_land.pbo)?

Edited by sevensixtytwo

So another question: Is it acceptable if I use a vehicle from another mod but make it require that mod to work (ie, the V-150 still calls on several textures from the VTE_land.pbo)?

I'm afraid not without permission, as you modified the model.

Hi Mr 7.62! Nice work you've done here on that Philippine Army, looks really good. And nice re-tex of BIS weapons too, you can't get much from that models, but it seems that you've made them way better.

As for V-150, if I remember well it was job of Vilas - you can catch him on these forums (he's doing P'85 for A2), it should be easier to ask him when VTE mod team is banned from BIF.

Great work with the Philippines!

If you worked in Brit's like worked on the Phillipinnes,I really like to see some photos.

Well if you need some help in some work,I'm on the platoon to do the job :p

Thanks, guys. :)

@Krzy: So it's Vilas' work. That's great news. I know how to contact him at least. Much appreciated!

@ivosm: Here. Blow you sideways. :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/blbmod.png

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/blb2.png

Sadly, they're not much changed from BLB's original troops. I just made several separate .p3ds with different appearances in order to get rid of the extra verts and faces (officer, rifleman, engineer, sniper, machinegunner, off-duty, etc.) Hopefully they'll be more optimized without all the hiddenselections. Also, they still have some dependencies on HYK and VTE pbos so I'll have to clean that up as well.

stuff I did change:

*Llauma heads

*replaced hands with Hyk soldier hands(for long sleeved models) and VTE forearms (for rolled up sleeves, not shown), I plan to give them all VTE faces in the near future to simplify the facescript

*Several models come with goggles raised up on the helmet (shown)

*Tank/APC crew models too (not shown)

@Krzy: So it's Vilas' work. That's great news. I know how to contact him at least. Much appreciated!

I'm not familiar with this specific addon, but if it was originally created by Vilas and then a modified version was made by someone else, you need permission from both Vilas and whoever modified it (unless of course you're using the original version from Vilas).

Amazing work! I want this! :p

I think you can upload it and put the thanks on readme and in the post.I had some problems with this procedure,but I solved the problems and launched all my works.Maybe you can try do the same.

I'm not familiar with this specific addon, but if it was originally created by Vilas and then a modified version was made by someone else, you need permission from both Vilas and whoever modified it (unless of course you're using the original version from Vilas).

Well, it isn't modified at all, VTE uses also Vilas' PPS and Type 56 model, where (in that last) they even haven't changed notepad icon which shows SKS carbine (mistake retained from Vilas pack) ;)

But even in this case (or maybe especially), I'd agree with JdB to use Vilas original version - you won't have any problems later.

@JDB: Well, yes, i contacted Vilas and he proposed a newer version of the original (from ARMA2, no less!) instead of the VTE one. I might also ask if I can use his Scorpion light tank because the only other Scorpion I've seen was in the Malvinas mod (and I have no idea how to contact them)

@ivosm: I already sent a PM to blackblood's account here. I'll play it safe and wait for an answer. If none arrives, well, we'll think of something then.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/thefirewarriors/blb3.png

Btw, here's my old MTP textures with an edited model. tried to give him osprey-ish body armor, replaced his pack with a camelback and moved the pouches around to fit the MOLLE.