Scorpio

F-16 v1.3

Here is a link to the F-16 Falcon v1.3:

New features include:

- Totally improved and new textures

- Better cockpit textures

- Cockpit support (that blue thing:/)

- the plane has totally controlled flight model

- fixed the bouncing bug (for the aircraft carrier addon)

- Thats it. smile.gif

I apologize greatly for not changing the weapon loadout, but meanwhile you can enjoy this one.

F16_V132.jpgF16_V13.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for the aircraft carrier addon<span id='postcolor'>

Where can we get this? I've seen a pic of it a while ago, but didn't know it was available for download.

well you cant get it yet. Me and Indy are making it, and we are currently finding out how to fix the bouncing bug in 1.46, but 1.6 we landed helis, planes, soldiers and everything on the carrier. Indy is taking his time to make it look nice, whereas I take care of the techincals. BTW, where did you see the pic?

It's normal that it doesn't work fine in 1.46. 1.60 has improved code to support this kind of thing (perhaps for the bridge in resistance). Btw, I saw a pic on OFPEC, but I think it was another one, by Flipper. Not sure though. It would be really really nice if we could just try it out, even if the model isn't done and there are no textures. Just for the heck of it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (frk19732001 @ June 17 2002,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when are you guys planning on releasing the USAF version of it?<span id='postcolor'>

not that i want to be an ass, but cant you do it yourself? you can just wipe out the italian sign and put a US one. simple.

Looks real nice......but one word:

Weapon Loadout.

Thought you would fix that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ June 17 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks real nice......but one word:

Weapon Loadout.

Thought you would fix that?<span id='postcolor'>

read my post again, and 'weapon loadout' is 2 words, not one. smile.gif

Hehe smart ass >=) sorry didnt read...hope you will fix it soon thought....o yeah i noticed the speed.........an F-16 is able to go over Mach 1 when at sea level..........but i wasnt able to do that in flashpoint.....am i correct?

True. the f-16 does go very fast. but in ofp, its just fun all round. smile.gif

Im trying to get another (yet another) version with changed cockpit and looking like a real F-16, not kegetys wink.gif

and also change the weapon loadout. (hurray)

Thanks for the improved version Scorpio, do you plan on fixing the texture/model problems e.g. the odd looking texture on the tailwing. Also there are a couple of problems with the shadow. Are these problems caused by oxygen?

Will you be making that dinky-looking landing gear more lifelike and larger? wink.gif Lol, I tried to focus on that nice little HUD display - love that purple swirl! biggrin.gif Either way, its what these people have been craving for all this time, and now they're getting it: fighter jets galore!

Hey i noticed two 'problems' one is the shadow......ummm well see for your self. The second the cockpit when you turn you are actually able to see your wings (while in the cockpit) but when you do 3rd person view you can see the cockpit is way to far to the front to be able to see your wings like that.

And whats with the fuel =) i mean i have been flying around for 20 minutes at least and only lost about 1% of my fuel...you can tell me a lot about fighters but that just aint possible ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 17 2002,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- fixed the bouncing bug (for the aircraft carrier addon)<span id='postcolor'>

Scorpio, where?confused.gif??

I didn't know there was a aircraft carrier

also, the F16 cockpit glass is a single mold. there are no "supports". (not sure about the terms)

uhhh... Stupid Question..... Why is everyone whining about the Weapons Loadouts?

Jsut use the AA version... it carries sidewinders.... and in the correct locations.As far as the AGM version... they DO look a bit wierd on the wingtips,but Hey wasn't it enough that they put the Falcon in the game?

I am sure someone can modify the existing plane's loadouts.The modelers and SKinners should concentrate on making more sh!t,not making the existing sh!t to the public's standards... except if it was a major flaw.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FubarGrn @ June 18 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">uhhh... Stupid Question..... Why is everyone whining about the Weapons Loadouts?

Jsut use the AA version... it carries sidewinders.... and in the correct locations.As far as the AGM version... they DO look a bit wierd on the wingtips,but Hey wasn't it enough that they put the Falcon in the game?

I am sure someone can modify the existing plane's loadouts.The modelers and SKinners should concentrate on making more sh!t,not making the existing sh!t to the public's standards... except if it was a major flaw.<span id='postcolor'>

One thing you'll learn as you obviously haven't at the moment, is that this community is rare in that it demands high quality.

It is a testament to the skill of the addon makers and the matuurity of the online-community.

Paratrooper is right, us modmakers should aim for high quality addons.

What i intend to do is make a more realistic cockpit, which Indy is helping me with, and nearly finished.

F16_V4.jpg

and the weapon loadouts are going to have Sidwinders for AA, and AMRAAMS AND GBU-24's for AG.

I think i can squeeze it in through my exams and my illness. smile.gif

And second most people who bought Flashpoint bought it for releasm (yea i wrote that wrong). And they want to play with addons just as much as any one else but they dont want them to be releastic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 18 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Paratrooper is right, us modmakers should aim for high quality addons.

What i intend to do is make a more realistic cockpit, which Indy is helping me with, and nearly finished.

F16_V4.jpg

and the weapon loadouts are going to have Sidwinders for AA, and AMRAAMS AND GBU-24's for AG.

I think i can squeeze it in through my exams and my illness. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

WOoow looks great do some of these meters work like height? wouldnt mind if they didnt but would be real sweet......

and Question has any one been able to make the HUD of an aircraft work yet (so you can use unguided bombs and stuff)

That cockpit is looks incredible!! Good job, scorpio, i love the f-16!

One question: can the sensor range be changed so it detects air targets from a lot of km's away? if not, there is no point in having amraams, i think.