Sign in to follow this  
Kirowan

In-game browser

I detest Gamespy. Does anyone know if Resistance will include an in-game browser?

Yes, Resistance will include ingame browser. This browser will be powered by GameSpy master browser, but you will not see anything from GameSpy User Interface - and no advertisements as well.

Thanks for the quick response. Too cool. You just secured my purchase.

Great

Ondrej if i was a girl i would have married you!!!!!

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gifwink.gif

hehe sorry about that

FW200

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ June 17 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ondrej if i was a girl i would have married you!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

No further questions, your Honor wink.gif

Guest Titanium

All I want for MP as far as a browser goes would be to add multiple IP's of my favorite servers.

Gamespy sucks, if it says you have 200 ping to a server, you will have 40 when U get in. It does show the servers though even if the ping is VERY inaccurate and thats good. I will use the All-seeing Eye to look for games if they will get it to show 1.60 wich doesnt work right now. The All-seeing eye is more accurate on pings if U ask me and very fast.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Titanium @ June 17 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I want for MP as far as a browser goes would be to add multiple IP's of my favorite servers.<span id='postcolor'>

Can't you already do this?

Ok, so when I understand correctly, when setting up a dedicated server for Resistance, I need to do this via GameSpy? Otherwise the game won't show up in the browser?

Hmm, you just set up the dedicated server as it has always been. The dedicated server will report to the Gamespy master server (unless another master server is stated in the config file). It's always been like this. The ingame browser gets its data from the gamespy master server.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ June 17 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Titanium @ June 17 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I want for MP as far as a browser goes would be to add multiple IP's of my favorite servers.<span id='postcolor'>

Can't you already do this?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes you can -- all one needs to do is create a file named HOST.TXT in the top-level OFP directory. The file should contain the IP addresses and optional port numbers (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:nnnn) of the servers, one entry per line.