Sign in to follow this  
red oct

What game should i get next?

i was lookin at the box of soldier of fortune II and that the engine will let you totally dismember enemies. sounds cool. but since a lot of you have it, is it any good? and how gory is it?

I have it.

Ya the dismembering people is great but once you get used to that the game is a complete bore.

I recommend a demo or something where you can shoot peoples arms off and knife them up for an hour or so. Thats all the game is good for IMO

SOF2 is utter crap!!! Don't waste your money on it! Get OFP: Resistance instead........ he he he

But seriously you should get Neverwinter Nights

Well now that he's been answered...

How good is S.W.A.T. 3? I wanna try out a realistic tactial shooter, and I hear this one is pretty good. What do you all think?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ June 17 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How good is S.W.A.T. 3?  I wanna try out a realistic tactial shooter, and I hear this one is pretty good.  What do you all think?<span id='postcolor'>

Its pretty good. You can get a demo from

Fileplanet

Its somewhere in demos/action/FRS. I think.

i went to sierra's website and down loaded there Demo for Game of The Year edition..somewhere around 70megs if i remember...

SWAT3 is amazing if you have game commander. Just telling your guys what to do really makes the difference in the game. I really should redo my profile (lost it in a reformat) and re-install the game.

What do you think of the new one coming out, Urban Justice. The graphics look sweet, but I'm worried they have dropped some of the realism for the sake of making it flashier. Something about not being cops, but hired mercs in the future or something. Don't know if it's going to as good.

I like SOFII. It's a mindless action shooter, but a good one. Some really good firefights. The ai uses cover and gernades well. I find I move from cover to cover and just lean out to fire off a burst before moving again. Gameplay is good that way, if a little linear. Don't expect it to be all that realistic though. Just good mindless fun.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 16 2002,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SOF2 is utter crap!!! Don't waste your money on it! Get OFP: Resistance instead........ he he he

But seriously you should get Neverwinter Nights<span id='postcolor'>

whats neverwinter nights, ive never heard of it. is it a fps?

isnt never winter nights a online RPG? or is it also single player? it looks cool but is it like everquest ware you have to pay to play (which is a total rip-off) mad.gif

im looking forward to raven shield, from the r6 series. I have every r6 game including ghost recon. but i only play ghost recon online with my friends though, and its great online.

heres the Raven Shield site

go to the screenshots section on the left.

heres my favorite

and finally, a gun in first person view

Dont get GTA3, dont get me wrong its a good game but it gets old very fast and you soon find there is nothing fun to do anymore.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ June 17 2002,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont get GTA3, dont get me wrong its a good game but it gets old very fast and you soon find there is nothing fun to do anymore.<span id='postcolor'>

Id have to agree. Nothing wrong with the game its very fun, but just to some extent i think it just gets old.. At least to me.

There is an AI in SOF2confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?? And decent multiplayer?confused.gif?confused.gif WE must be talking about different games! wow.gif

Pong. Can't go wrong with Pong. I mean for cryin' out loud, this isn't some cheap attempt FPS like Aliens vs Predator, this is Pong !

I believe they have a 8-bit color version now too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ June 17 2002,06:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">isnt never winter nights a online RPG? or is it also single player? it looks cool but is it like everquest ware you have to pay to play (which is a total rip-off)  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, NWN is everything that EQ isnt

1) It has single player

2) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

3) It is designed around the concept of group RPing. Thing pen and paper RPG, just on the computer.

4) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

5) Users can creat their own modules for use in the game. It has a very sophisticated toolset.

6) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

Basically, it's up to 64 player. It supports GM's who can hop into any NPC or Monster at will to encourage actual RP. So if you used to RP but your group has all moved away...so long as they all have access to a net connected PC, you could continue to have weekly sessions biggrin.gif

Oh, and did I mention there are no monthly fees??

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 17 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ June 17 2002,06:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">isnt never winter nights a online RPG? or is it also single player? it looks cool but is it like everquest ware you have to pay to play (which is a total rip-off)  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, NWN is everything that EQ isnt

1) It has single player

2) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

3) It is designed around the concept of group RPing.  Thing pen and paper RPG, just on the computer.  

4) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

5) Users can creat their own modules for use in the game. It has a very sophisticated toolset.

6) Other than the game, you dont pay anything else (no monthly fees)

Basically, it's up to 64 player. It supports GM's who can hop into any NPC or Monster at will to encourage actual RP.  So if you used to RP but your group has all moved away...so long as they all have access to a net connected PC, you could continue to have weekly sessions biggrin.gif

Oh, and did I mention there are no monthly fees??

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm thinking of getting NWN when it comes out. I'm not a big role playing fan, but I really liked Baldur Gate series and this looks like a relative to it. But then again, I think it comes out after OFP:R, so I might have to wait a few months to play it.

-=Die Alive=-

I've been looking forward to NWN for about 1,5 years. It's the game I look most forward to. Up until now, RPGs have always ended up being nothing but hack'n'slash, but with the GM element in NWN it can become totally unique -- you'll basically be able to have real conversations with NPCs. Also, the mapeditor allows endless scenarios, both in size and diversity. Bioware will have a game server where you'll also be able to store your character, so you can enter various scenarios with others and work on your character. Yum Yum game - got it preordered and all - should be out in two days.

Two words:

Neverwinter Nights

Course thats a different genre but still gonna be a kick ass game!

Has anyone played Destoyer Command? and is it anygood? I believe it can be played MP with the silent hunter ll ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ June 18 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone played Destoyer Command? and is it anygood?  I believe it can be played MP with the silent hunter ll ?<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what I'v heard.

Has anyone seen Global Operations or Sub Command? Any good?