Sign in to follow this  
Contra

Dedicated server crashes with most missions.

Hello everyone,

I am running a dedicated server, but I have a problem. Most maps that I try and load onto the server make it crash when I enter the missions screen. I can only get a handfull working right now. Any Ideas on why this is happening ? All the missions were downloaded from armaholic.

The server works fine with a few missions, but not the rest.

The server is running on linux. I checked the server log its not showing anything. host joins, logs in as admin, then crash once you try and select a mission.

have you used the .tolower command? ie. are there no capitals in the mission names linux does not seem to like that :)

Yeah. This is most likely to be the problem. Everything has to be in lower case for linux.

You should also avoid spaces in file/mission names on Linux. A handy trick is to add tolower to your start-script. This will automatically convert all upper-casings (if any) evry time your server start/restart. Can be handy when adding new missions to server.

I completely forgot about the lowercase thing, ill check that tonight, and get back to you, ill also check the log again