Sign in to follow this  
Wh1sper

The Map Screen

I have some suggestions to the Map Screen.

First time I played I did not understand the map.

It is starts full zoomed in, that is not optimal.

Please let start Map in half zoom.

Make a few Icons to navigate the map.

• Center to Carrier
  • Center to Manta 2-5
  • Center to Walrus 6-8
  • Center to Isle where the last/second last Message was

One suggestion I'd like to add:

In most RTS games, once u assigned a unit or group of units to a key (as is standard in CarrierCommand) u can then center on the unit via double press of the corresponding key.

So lets say doubletapping 1 centers on the carrier, 2 on the first manta etc. this would be really helpful!

Cheers

Crusader

Yes, double clicking should center the view.

Btw. can we expect an update in a week, or so?

I think it would be good to be able to select a group of units with a keypress anyway. Most probably all Mantas or all Walruses....

G

I have some suggestions to the Map Screen.

First time I played I did not understand the map.

It is starts full zoomed in, that is not optimal.

I must admit I still don't get it. I was also confused by the high zoom factor, but I couldn't find a way to zoom out. Any ideas?

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

What is totally cool about the map screen is - you can control any unit on the island from there, AI Mantas, Walruses - and give them destinations, or take cockpit control. They only have machine guns or lasers, but some of the Walruses have grenades. On Defence islands - it seems the weaponry is heavier - Walruses with Gatlings and Manta's with Plasma.

I had every vehicle in the area clustered round the Carrier like a swarm of bees - it was awesome!

Once I was able to control the gun turrets too - the single line ones are lasers, the double line ones machine guns - but since my last reboot I can't reproduce this.

Just another layer to this already awesome game - I totally love it! Once the bugs are fixed, I think this will easily be the best game of the last decade at least.

Edited by Harbinger

What is totally cool about the map screen is - you can control any unit on the island from there, AI Mantas, Walruses - and give them destinations.

I had every vehicle in the area clustered round the Carrier like a swarm of bees - it was awesome!

Yes this is pretty cool and an advantage in opotiste to the classic game.

Once I was able to control the gun turrets too - the single line ones are lasers, the double line ones machine guns - but since my last reboot I can't reproduce this.

Just another layer to this already awesome game - I totally love it! Once the bugs are fixed, I think this will easily be the best game of the last decade at least.

The Guns froms your isle? Or do ya mean the Carrier?

You zoom in and out using your mouse wheel, pretty standard ;)

Very funny. I don't have a mousewheel.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

Edited by Thiesi

Very funny. I don't have a mousewheel.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

Then it would seem that you need a new mouse. :p

Then it would seem that you need a new mouse. :p

You mean a mouse at all since I haven't had one for about ten years. I'm quite happy with my setup, & I'm certainly not going to change it due to the shortcomings of some piece of software. Luckily this is not the final product. But I really do hope BIS implements configurable keyboard layout rather sooner than later - I am really eager to actually start playing the game, now that I've read so much about it in this forum.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

yeah, really, who needs a mouse, if you have a keyboard?

I second the suggestions made in this thread, like double klick on a number key to center on the correspondent vehicle.

And I would like to know, how you can control a gun turret located on an island. even if the game will get overboarded when you can control every moveable piece you own.

I could control the island gun turrets by clicking on them in the map, then their PiP view.

That worked for the first two or three games. After a reboot I can no longer do this.

What went wrong? I'm not imagining this.

Are we talking double-click of the mouse, or keyboard here? The mouse already centers the map view when double-clicking..the keyboard does not.

Adding that feature to the keyboard would make the UI a bit more consistent, which is a good thing.