Sign in to follow this  
Heinrich

First fullsize, fully textured island

This is the first full size, fully landscaped and texured unnoficial map for OFP.

This map wasn't designed with total precision and there are currently no towns, roads or any other notable landmarks.

It's goal is not to better BIS's efforts but rather to show an early example of what the fantastic WRP edit can do and to inspire other map makers to better this and BIS's maps and even possibly attract more people to make more quality maps.

There is a good chance of future islands by me but these will be much more perfectionised.

You may freely modify this map as you please, as long as credits are given to me (Bolverk/Heinrich) the orginal author.

Some screens:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

Download the island HERE

E-mail : sdizlavek@hotmail.com

Wow that looks inviting.

looks good.  2 bugs to report:

1.  when I enter the map, it says object "c" is not found.

2.  When I exit back to the main menu after playing,  it continues playing the last mission, rather than having a "demo".

does everyone else get these errors?

Nice Job, That looks like you lost a night or two of sleep working on all that. Thanks.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 15 2002,06<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks good.  2 bugs to report:

1.  when I enter the map, it says object "c" is not found.

2.  When I exit back to the main menu after playing,  it continues playing the last mission, rather than having a "demo".

does everyone else get these errors?<span id='postcolor'>

Yup,

1. it happens with all the Wrp edit created Islands I've used except for the one made by the ofp internals team.

2. Edit: place the Bolverkand_anims in the addons folder, i remember this happening with Kegety's Kolgujev, and when I quit one of the missions I continued playing in the menu screen biggrin.gif

1. Hmm..... I didn't have problems with other WRPEdit islands just that one

2. There is a file with a cutscene, it just doesn't work

I had that error with a lot of the recently released Islands, can't remember which ones

nearly all custum chanced and made islands have that bug of playing in the menu, It realy sucks if you make an intro with an blackout and you quit to the menu, the manu is just black mad.gif

Yes - make sure the Bolverkland_anims folder is in the addons folder. It seems to work for me.

Thx for comments.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dutch_gatecrasher @ June 15 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nearly all custum chanced and made islands have that bug of playing in the menu, It realy sucks if you make an intro with an blackout and you quit to the menu, the manu is just black mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its not a bug its because it doesnt have a cutscene the islandname_anims

Ok, where to start....

I first thought that I was on a golf course when I check out the map for the first time. So few trees and so much grass, I thought I was on a fairway of a golf course. Where there are trees (the forests) on a slope, there are trees sticking in the air and the other side of the forest is sunken into the ground. There are also what seems to be these "locked forests" the ones that you cannot enter, as I was driving my UAZ by a forest and I rudely stoped in my tracks by an invisible wall, wrecking my UAZ. Perhaps i should file a insurence claim with the government of Mavitchova for the repair of my UAZ. tounge.gif

The land itself if really nice. I love the rolling hills and and the river. Hills are good because they give lots of tactical advantage points to missions, like attacking an area, you could use the hills as cover to flank the enemy, or set up observation post on top of hills and overlook the area from that vantage point. There what looks like a nice area next to the airport that could be a good spot for a town, as well as on the river, near the bend.

There are also spots where the square "farm land" is on a slope of a steap hill, making for some tough tracktoring!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NVA Killer @ June 15 2002,11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where is the runway at? didn't see it<span id='postcolor'>

North East corner of island, near the coast.

-=Die Alive=-

hey.

ive got the beta version of wrp edit...

but i cant seem to use it. cant make terrain higher or lower. is there some tutorial for how to use it, do you have to edit the island outside the editor or is it just not finished yet?

thanks.