Sign in to follow this  
wasserkool

The Lee-Enfield has become my favorite weapon - Super accurate and deadly at range!

I was tinkering around with the editor and realized the insurgents and militia have bolt action Lee Enfield rifle. I first thought its going to be a crummy weapon but lord behold I found its true power!

I think other than the 50 calibre sniper rifles, this thing has killing power and accuracy that surpasses many modern rifles in the game. I am able to effectively kill most infantries at the 500 ~ 600M range with a single bullet to the body while most other guns takes multiple bullets.

Its quite a challenge to use this gun at first because of its old school iron sight but after some practice I found this rifle provide a very satisfactory experience!

It is quite insane on the accuracy. I have hit past one kilometer, that's in TvT too.

Sounds like the stats for this weapon are unrealistic and should be fixed. The Lee-Enfield was a great weapon for its time, but it is not super accurate. I've never fired one myself in real life, but if I remember correctly what I've read about it, its strength is that it is smooth to operate and the 10 rounds can be fired very quickly, but it is not as accurate as, for example, the German Mauser.

Edited by Johan S

In-game it seems rather similar to other 7.62 weapons, but bolt action with no sight.

It's too quiet too. It's sounds a little like a gas powered grenade launcher.

It's a shame there isn't some way of doing a "Mad Minute"; the bolt takes too long to be thrown (psst no animation either)

The Lee-Enfield was a great weapon for its time, but it is not super accurate.

Not sure about the in-game accuracy, but the Lee Enfield was a superbly accurate rifle. It was used in UK for many years after WW2 as a competition rifle, my great uncle used to shoot with a LE out to half a mile+ (over 1000 yards) at Bisley ranges.

And yes it was also incredibly fast firing for a bolt action - there's a WW1 story of a platoon of British infantry firing their Lee Enfields so rapidly that the Germans reported being under automatic fire.

It is a good weapon and I generally prefer ironsights.

They give much needed situational awareness while hoisted up ready for a shot.

it is a good weapon and superbly accurate, my WW2 Rifle No.4 Mk1* had flip sights for 200 yards and 600 yards. The rifle I used when I was a teenager had flip sights, one was a V, the flip up peep was useful out to 1000 yards. My father shot with one at Bisley for the RAF during WW2 and I still have his certificates for competition shooting during the war. Some of the Bisley competitions were out to 1800yards but my father never shot in them and they used Lee Enfields but with a peep sight on the butt and you reclined on your back with the muzzle resting on top of your ankle.

A friend uses a T20 Lee Enfield to great effect, the T20 was a select grade, sniper modified rifle, with the reciever drilled and tapped for a scope, it also had a raised cheek piece on the butt.

Edited by Alicatt

Great rifle but a kick like a mule. Fired them as a kid in army cadets and would be physically pushed backward

Great rifle but a kick like a mule. Fired them as a kid in army cadets and would be physically pushed backward

Same as with M/27 I fired first time back in army... I thought I was ready for "the punch" but regardless bit my tongue very bad.

First time shooting one I was 14 in the ATC, I moved 2ft back off the firing line. Even digging my feet in it would lift me up, ended up I had an officer sitting on my back and that stopped my moving. Once we got enough in our squadron we got an indoor range with .22 modified Lee Enfields, no kick in them at all!