Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Watching you tube videos on whistleblowers related topics leads to CTD

Hi all

I'm experiencing for some month now regular CTD's when watching certain videos on you tube. First my computer freezes and than crash. It's really annoying. It happens especially when i'm watching so called "conspiracy theory" videos like 9/11 or other stuff that are related to whistleblowers. Did a virus scan several times but my anti virus has not located any viruses on my system.

During Christmas I watched a couple of videos at my friends house and he started to experience the same shit.

I was wondering if someone else has made some similiar experiences.

Really strange . . . since it is persisting I do not believe that this is something related only to me.

Oh don't worry about that, it's just SOPA being pushed into effect, you're completely safe and are not being tracked.

Damn censorship is already in effect then. It's really annoying for being honest. I'm quite curious if I'm the only one who's experiencing that CTD's.

Dan;2085544']Link a vid then we can try.

I'm not sure that it is related to specific videos. It happens often when i'm switching to full screen after watching for 15 minutes or so. First the cursor of my mouse freezes for about thirty seconds then the freezing stops and after several minutes it happens again and then my system crahes. Or I have to hardboot my Rig. It doesn't happen when I'm watching music videos on you tube. But videos related to political issues or especially "conspiracy theory" videos. I'll provide a link next time it's going to happen and it happens only on you tube I have no problems on other sites.

What version of flash plugin do you have?

What browser do you use?

Have you looked to update both first?

Any video that has some length to it might be coded different rate and your experiencing a crash in the flash plugin of some kind, music vids are shorter so that might be the pattern. Also what do you view full screen at? Do you use 720p+ or below ... try full screen less res, also right click over the video to view flash settings and disable "hardware acceleration" (take the tick out) and retry ... just keep testing on.off, different rates, you may see a pattern. Right clicking over any video gives you other options to for viewing stream data etc.

Ultimately make sure you flash plug is up to date & browser, cache is ok size wise and browser doesn't have any you tube plug ins that might conflict (IE plug ins that can grab videos from youtube) if so make sure they are all up to date. If it realy was a conspiracy to watch a conspiracy video then the world would be complaining if it crashed PC's.

Firefox before recent updates and flash plugin would lock up my pc randomly a few weeks back, completely clog up processes and just ...... take ................ ages ............... to ............... respond ...................... to ........................... mouse, I could only reboot. Since recent updated its all ok, mainly all to do with Flash plug crashing but instead of simply reporting it, everything would slow up to a halt (and not a virus as using opera to test it was ok).

Off topic but Im starting to migrate to Opera as Firefox is starting to get a bit clunky on me the last couple of updates.

Also try installing another browser other than the one you use and watch same videos that will show if its local or not.

Edited by mrcash2009

Well sometimes firefox crashes when I watch Videos. I think its because of the Adobe Flash player plugin

I don't think it is related to browser and flash plugin issues. I can browse music videos or other stuff for hours on you tube without a single crash, but when it comes to whistle blower vids or conspiracy stuff I'm getting CTD's very frequently.

BTW I'm still using Internet explorer. Might be the reason I don't know. I'll do some experiments with Mozilla in the next days to see if the CTD's persist.

I don't think it is related to browser and flash plugin issues. I can browse music videos or other stuff for hours on you tube without a single crash, but when it comes to whistle blower vids or conspiracy stuff I'm getting CTD's very frequently.

BTW I'm still using Internet explorer. Might be the reason I don't know. I'll do some experiments with Mozilla in the next days to see if the CTD's persist.

How do you know it's not browser/plugin if you've only used IE? :confused:

Try firefox or google chrome, I used to have problems with youtube and many other heavy flash or other resource based websites until I tried FF, specially with adblock and noscript.

I gonna try with FF. I have it installed on my PC. see how it works. Might be really browser related.

I've experienced problems with playing any flash videos in my browser that are longer than roughly 15 minutes ever since since the release of Firefox 4 and Flash plugin 8. It has gotten a little better recently, but my computer still grinds to a halt before the video actually starts (flash player seems to be having problems starting), and the player sometimes even crashes during playback. When I download the videos from Youtube and play them in my regular media players (Media Player Classic and VLC) they work without any problems. So to me it seems that recent versions of Firefox and Flash have a problem working together on my computer. I don't use IE, so I can't say if it's the same for more browsers.

Seemed to be IE. I have used FF since yesterday haven't experienced any crash so far.

Thanks for the advice to all.

Well there is a saying:

You can compare browsers with cars.

Firefox is a flying amphibious vehicle with all kinds of extras but consumes a lot of gas.

Opera is a racing car. Fast but without additional extras.

Chrome is a usefull car with everything you need and without unneeded features except that all your driving is monitored.

Safari is a middle class car but the backseats are always occupied by his friends Quicktime and Itunes that constantly go on your nerves.

Internet Explorer is a stone. Now if you say: "But that is not a Car!" then I say "Damn right!".

Well there is a saying:

You can compare browsers with cars.

say "Damn right!".

:rolleyes:

I don’t know, bashing IE and saying it’s not a browser.

if you want to liken IE to a vehicle it is not a stone but the recovery vehicle that carry’s away the broken down vehicular “browser†comparisons when they fail to work, given they WILL fail more often than IE to load pages or get page errors. ;)

Firefox has never failed me

(but yes I still have IE as a backup browser :o )

The US government must be secretly installing viruses on our PCs to stop us watching conspiracy videos that reveal the truth :yay:

Sounds like these crashes are doing you a favour so you don't waste your time watching bulls**t :p

:rolleyes:

I don’t know, bashing IE and saying it’s not a browser.

if you want to liken IE to a vehicle it is not a stone but the recovery vehicle that carry’s away the broken down vehicular “browser†comparisons when they fail to work, given they WILL fail more often than IE to load pages or get page errors. ;)

Not sure you've ever actually used IE if you think that's true lol.

To the OP.

Update/Get rid of/install a blocker for Flash. Update browser, try another browser, try clearing your internet history cache and so on.