Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Bc school kids taught that bible characters are...

"1. There is no gay gene, it is not a condition, even if it is a disposition."

Homophobic people don't believe the evidence of the gay gene, nor will they, no surprise there.

"the fact that homosexuality can't produce offspring shows it is not part of nature."

By that definition you're saying homosexuality is unnatural because they cannot produce offspring? So women who are barren are unnatural? Men who have a low or nonexistent sperm count and thus unable to father a child are unnatural? As far as I'm aware I don't fall into either of those two categories but if I did I would be exceedingly offended at such a remark.

"3. The three major religions condemn it, meaning that a vast majority of the population consider homosexuality to be wrong."

Hmm you seem a smidge out of touch, we're no longer a church going nation, we're no longer a nation beholden to the teachings of the church, thus it's inaccurate to assume that because a "major religion" says something the same applies to the majority of the people.

How many years ago was it that the major religions were saying and practicising that women who commit adultery should be stoned? Do we still stone women who commit adultery?

There have always been gay people, but it has only recently become more socially acceptable to be openly gay, so i would put it like this, i grew up a level heterosexual person and was never taught anything about gays in my school and it wasn't as far as i know in the education system. My parents brought me up to believe that just because something/one is different does not make it/them wrong.

So why now change it so that it does, do you think it would have made any difference to me?, nope i doubt it, i would have still grown up to believe that you live and let live, everyone has their own preferences and if you don't like them then that is YOUR problem. I personally don't think it should be taught in schools, but thats only MY OPINION. This has already been debated amongst the politicians in Scotland, but i cannot remember the outcome.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HK (HunterKiller) @ June 09 2002,23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has already been debated amongst the politicians in Scotland, but i cannot remember the outcome.<span id='postcolor'>

The outcome was to go to the pub and argue about the football instead wink.gif

1. There catagorically is NOT a gene that causes Homosexuality. This is a statement of scientific fact.

2.People who can't have children are suffering a condition of genetic failure, they however have the desire for children which is the normal human situation. I accept that some people don't want children etc...

3.By majority of the population I meant the population of the world. Which still adhere to one of the three main religions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 10 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. There is no gay gene, it is not a condition, even if it is a disposition.

2.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Osama Bin Laden has kids, Saddam Hussein has kids, John Wayne Gacy had kids, what good did they ever do to the human race? Since when is naturally being able to have children the defining factor of what is good for the human race?

Mother Thereasa never had any children, guess that means she did no good for the human race? <span id='postcolor'> The ability to have children is not a definition of goodness, but the fact that homosexuality can't produce offspring shows it is not part of nature.

3. The three major religions condemn it, meaning that a vast majority of the population consider homosexuality to be wrong, even if this is at odds with the stagnant philosophy of western liberalism.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow.

I guess there is no dumbass gene either, and you are just chosing to be one.

If you look into their literature, most major religions say slavery is ok.

If you look into their literature, most major religions say that women are supposed to be subservient to men.

Fifty years ago, they didnt know there was a gene that caused certain types of cancer....

You certainly are a homophobe, arent you Paratrooper.  Funny thing is that the chances are one of your friends is in the closet and you dont even know it.  Hell, most hard core homophobes are generally that way because they have lingering doubts about their own sexuality...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow.

I guess there is no dumbass gene either, and you are just chosing to be one.

If you look into their literature, most major religions say slavery is ok.

If you look into their literature, most major religions say that women are supposed to be subservient to men.

Fifty years ago, they didnt know there was a gene that caused certain types of cancer....

You certainly are a homophobe, arent you Paratrooper. Funny thing is that the chances are one of your friends is in the closet and you dont even know it. Hell, most hard core homophobes are generally that way because they have lingering doubts about their own sexuality...<span id='postcolor'>

I see your arguments are extinguished. If my religion tells me something I consider that to be sounder than anything that fickle and hollow societal values contrive.

I object strongly to being called a homophobe, I have nothing against gay people, but I do strongly disagree with their practice. I know gay people, I like them but I don't like what they do.

Let's rethink the religion point of view.

It's not what the religion believes, it's what the people following the religion do.

I don't care what religion you are, but if you hate queers on behalf of your God then there's nothing that I can do to stop that.

And anyways. Homosexuality creates hate and fear within a family. So with or without teachers or priests, you're going to object to homosexuality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 09 2002,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Homosexuality creates hate and fear within a family.<span id='postcolor'>

Homosexuality doesn't create hate and fear, intolerance, lack of education, lack of understanding, closed mindedness, those things create hate and fear.

Imagine that you're a father. You have one son, and he turns out to be gay.

Eventhough you might have brothers to pass the family name, you have your own qualities and you want to pass that on.

That's from the father's POV.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 09 2002,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ June 09 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a load of crap. If people want to be gay, fine, be as gay as you want, go into a corner and be gay with your gay buddies, but please keep your agendas out of other peoples faces.

Whatever......

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Statistically 10% of people are gay, so if an average school has 1000 pupils 100 or therabouts will be gay, so those 10% should sit in class, go around with their friends, grow up and learn, with the thought that they're bad and wrong and freaks and perverted and will go to hell, etc etc etc, is that what you want? Because that is what will happen to kids if we don't educate them about such matters, if you hide it away you're saying it's wrong and bad, if you're hiding away education of gay issues then you're as much saying that the 10% of kids who will be gay are wrong and bad.

Like most males I grew up as an average healthy heterosexual male, but still my early and teen years were not the most pleasant and not always the happiest for me, however I can only imagine how hard it must be to grow up as gay in a hetereosexual world where "don't ask don't tell don't educate" is the mentality of people.

There endeth my rant for today smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i dont think 10% of teenagers are gay, maybe10% of adults are gay. Because there are only about 10-15 gays in my class of 300. Im 17 and later on in life, like fetish said, people accept the fact that they are gay. I have no problem with gays, as long as they dont try anything, if you know what i mean wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 09 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine that you're a father.  You have one son, and he turns out to be gay.<span id='postcolor'>

As I don't have a son I guess it's easier to answer than to do but if I did have a son and if he were gay I would love him the same, I would want him to be happy the same, I would do my utmost for him to be nurtured and supported and provided for and protected the same.

Perhaps my name wouldn't live on forever, but I'd have created and raised a child, what more could anyone ask?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 10 2002,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think 10% of teenagers are gay, maybe10% of adults are gay. Because there are only about 10-15 gays in my class of 300.<span id='postcolor'>

If someone is gay they're gay, whether or not they know it, whether they're in denial or out in the open, they're gay, they're born gay, they die gay, it's that cut and dried.

Perhaps you haven't seen inside the mind of everyone at your school, otherwise how could you truly know whether someone is gay or not? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 10 2002,00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see your arguments are extinguished.  If my religion tells me something I consider that to be sounder than anything that fickle and hollow societal values contrive.

I object strongly to being called a homophobe, I have nothing against gay people, but I do strongly disagree with their practice. I know gay people, I like them but I don't like what they do.<span id='postcolor'>

So you will ignore the things that the bible tells you that dont fit with what has come to be accepted as truth? It's all well and good to hide behind your religion..but it becomes hypocrisy when you pick and chose the parts of the bible that you want to believe in.

Would you give a hug to a man you knew was gay? Would you let him watch your children?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 10 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine that you're a father.  You have one son, and he turns out to be gay.<span id='postcolor'>

I am a father. I have one son. He is seven yers old.

I have no brothers.

If my son were to be gay...I would likely have a difficult time coping with it. But because I love my son, I would respect his decisions and not love him one bit less than I would if he was straight.

ok, so maybe theres 10-15 openly gay people in my class. but i do live in the alabama, and i think homosexuality is discouraged more in the south than in the north, so maybe that would be a reason that the number is so low. Becuase my cousin,who lives in Massachusetts is the same age as i, and he says there are many more gays in his school.

I didn't mean to imply that you would hate your son for being gay.

But if he turned out to be gay, then very strong emotions would surface that you never felt before.

Fathers have a hard time seeing their kids bolt their tongues and tatoo their bodies as it is. What if your son came home wearing lipstick and really tight pants? I'd scream and hope it was a dream.

I dont hate homos, but I do feel homosexuality is wrong..

just because its not their fault, doesent mean its right

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ June 10 2002,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont hate homos, but I do feel homosexuality is wrong..

just because its not their fault, doesent mean its right<span id='postcolor'>

if it isn't their fault..they can't do a thing about it.. sad.gif

Yippee, another touchy subject.

These are the most fun.

Since homosexuality has existed for millennia it is perhaps slightly ignorant to persist in labeling it as unnatural.

Education is not harmful of course.

Maybe you don't like the idea of gay love, but how can you support ignorance?

And why are we all so insecure about our sexual abilities.

I blame the women biggrin.gif

B.t.w. if a gay tries to come on to you why not be flattered, instead of being agressive? As long as he doesn't pull out his Johnson and stick it in your ear, what is there to be mad about? So what if it might appear that you are fair game to him, as long as you yourself know you are not gay, there's nothing to be upset about smile.gif

"Fathers have a hard time seeing their kids bolt their tongues and tatoo their bodies as it is. What if your son came home wearing lipstick and really tight pants? I'd scream and hope it was a dream."

Gay does not equal transvestite. My girlfriend has several male gay friends she met when going to school. None of them wear makeup, some of them you wouldn't even know were gay. All of them are nice guys. None of them acts any differently than heterosexual males EXCEPT they are more outgoing, generally happier and easy going and they are nicer than most. Personally, I feel a bit uncomfortable when hanging out with those guys. Its just awkward since I grew up in a surrounding where homosexuality was not really accepted, it was frowned upon. I wonder though, in retrospect, how many of the people I knew back then turned out to be gay. And how they are coping with the dual nature of things.

I don't know how many stereotypes there are of gay people..

- type that wears leather clothes, hand cuffs and leather caps

- type that is woman-like

I think that you can't tell whether someone is gay, unless

he tells you. Many people are labeled as gay, just because

their behaviour is woman-like or whatever, or then they

don't have to need to point out their hetero sexuality,

like me.. (still I don't think that people think that I am gay)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a statement of scientific fact.<span id='postcolor'>

Remember, that in science, there are no facts, just theories

waiting to be replaced by better theories.

I've always been convinced that people who fear/despise gays are the ones most insecure about their own sexuality (as in general, not necessarily insecure if they're straight/gay, but rather their _role_ in a sexual relationship).

I think _certain_ gay people are pretty cool, as they don't have this stupid macho-facade they hide behind and just do what they want and feel is right. Maybe some people are envious that they're not able to break through their own stiffness.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think _certain_ gay people are pretty cool, as they don't have this stupid macho-facade they hide behind and just do what they want and feel is right. Maybe some people are envious that they're not able to break through their own stiffness.<span id='postcolor'>

When did doing what ever you want become an admirable moral postion?