Sign in to follow this  
RichardT252

ARMA 2 CO crash(reinforcements has stopped working)

You guys only experienced this crash while playing multiplayer, correct? I may have a clue as to what is causing this. I would like some help to confirm this, preferably a trusted member. PM me and I'll tell you the details.

Edited by Nicholas

Not in multiplayer, just in singleplayer.

But before having instal the fix for the patch 1.11 (ArmA 2) and deleted some hiden file in "Local", i have no more bugs.

It's really curious...

Hm, another sufferer here, but this time a non-Steam user, with 1 second freezes every 5 - 10 seconds only on MP maps on Zargabad (some of Sander's missions and Insurgency). leading ultimately to a complete freeze and ". . . has stopped working" message.

cj

I get the same problem too, 10-20 minutes after I started to play, the game freeze and i got a windows error message :

Arma 2 OA (CO) Crash: Reinforcements Has Stopped Working

problem details :

Signature du problème :

Nom d’événement de problème: BEX

Nom de l’application: arma2oa.exe

Version de l’application: 1.60.87.580

Horodatage de l’application: 4ef2c80b

Nom du module par défaut: StackHash_0a9e

Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0

Horodateur du module par défaut: 00000000

Décalage de l’exception: f96da740

Code de l’exception: c0000005

Données d’exception: 00000008

Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e

Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e

Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

the problem appear whatever if i play online, offline, with or without addon or mod.

I'm using the dvd version.

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit ultimate

HD4850 driver up to date

Intel E8500

2GB DDR2

HDD

Edited by cychou

heyy,

ive got the problem but fixed it with the beta patch, i dont want to use the beta patch tho... seems strange, is there anything i can do to sort out the real game? or do i have to wait for the next patch?

thanks welly

Crashing in multiplayer, every 20 mins or when textures are loading slowly?

Non steam version. As you can see I have rolled back to the 1.60 vanilla, no patches, and it is still occurring. This leads me to suspect it is something to do with a server patch. This problem only started 1 month ago for me.

From the OA rpt file:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at FD8D3B80

Allocator: E:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\dll\tbb3malloc_bi.dll

graphics: D3D9, Device: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1114

resolution: 1920x1080x32

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.60.87580

Fault address: FD8D3B80 B3D000:0000000C Unknown module

Windows 7 64bit

I've also been experiencing these crashes since 1.60. It happens after about 20 minutes or so of playing multiplayer, the game abruptly stutters and freezes for a second or two, then CTD's. It doesn't seem to matter how heavily strained my computer is when Arma crashes, it does it even when my computer is cruising along at 60 fps. It happens every time I play MP, and makes it nearly unplayable.

I've also experienced it in single-player a couple of times, but it's much less frequent than in multiplayer. I was playing for more than 3 hours the last time it crashed in single-player.

I should also mention that since I updated Take On Helicopters to either 1.02 or 1.03 (cant remember), it too has been giving me a CTD with C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION in the RPT. It happens almost every time I play single-player... I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

any news if its being fixed? or resolved?

thanks, really want to play again!

Stick with the beta patch PROWELLY.

I too have had the exact same problems as Ballistic09 and PELHAM (as many others) have mentioned before.

I'm on steam had the game since launch, never had a problem till latest patch. The only fix for me has been the latest beta (build 89647).

I can final play longer than 20 minutes :yay:

Hi everyone,

I just bought ARMA 2 CO on steam a few days ago. Great game, no problems :D, but... :butbut:

Yesterday I started ARMA 2 OA, played for 20 minutes MP and freezed. So I did Alt-Ctrl-Delete and arrived at my desktop. Then I shut ARMA 2 OA down and I got the message: ARMA 2 Reinforcements has stopped working.

I only have ARMA 2 Combined Ops, and not Reinforcements.(Only lite version)

I reinstalled Arma 2 OA but got the same problem. I have Windows Vista32x.

Don't know the specs, but I can play the game on high settings pretty good.

And I have the latest update installed.

I'm not using any mods.

Don't know what's wrong with it, and can't find the problem on internet.

Sorry for the bad English, I'm Dutch :p

Please help me! :(

Mine more worse...multiplayer can play...no problem...when comes to single player....thats it!!!!game crashes every 2 minutes...already apply latest patch...but still no solution..help please..

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is crash keeps happening, I have yet to find any solution to this at the moment. My single player games are unplayable at the moment. I tried the -noautoupdate in the command line and that had no impact at all. I have not been able to play this game in months ever since patch 1.60 FUBARED it. :mad:

Any update, or is this game to remain broken?

holy shit same problem i recently got Arma 2 (being and idiot and not buy the co pack) for steam then it worked perfectly fine for me then a week later got Arma 2 OA downloaded it didn't start with out errors then re installed and now I can use the OA units in editor on Arma 2 maps but not maps the fuck with that

This problem continues even after a reinstall, a registry clean, and a complete check of proper patch installations. I can't get through a single player mission without "ARMA 2 has crashed" Or "ARMA 2 Reinforcements has crashed." Multiplayer is without a hitch, 5 hours of continuous play without a crash. Never had a single bit of trouble with this game being unstable, whatever patch 1.60 did it sure qualifies as that now. Are the moderators refusing to respond in this thread because they deem the problem antiquated in some way, or endemic/problematic with certain computers? Sure would like to hear some sort of responce or suggestion beyond "lets see your ARMA 2OA RPT file," this is my favorite game currently on the market, but I am becoming frustrated because I have not been able to play it for months now.

well only if you provide info (rpt most importantly) people can try to help you

Every time I verify files in steam I get 1 item failed and will re acquire. launch game, black screen, repeat process over.

Fresh install of steam, fresh install of arma, game worked fine for years.

Here is my RPT, it may be vague, because the game wont even get to the menu. Black screen, then crash to desktop.

================================================== ===================

== c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -winxp -noautoupdate

Exe timestamp: 2012/03/04 19:48:30

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:19:42

Version 1.60.87580

Starting process failed.

Starting process failed.

Error: Audio - enumeration output devices failed.

Warning: Audio device creation failed, attempt to create default audio:

SamplesPerSec: 44100, channels: 2, bitsPerSample: 16

Audio device successfully created with default settings.

================================================== =====

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

== c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" -nosplash -winxp -noautoupdate

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:32:38

Version 1.60.87580

Starting process failed.

Starting process failed.

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" -nosplash -winxp -noautoupdate

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:39:37

Version 1.60.87580

Starting process failed.

Starting process failed.

== c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -window -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7

Exe timestamp: 2012/03/04 20:39:23

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:39:55

Version 1.60.89606

== c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -window -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:39:59

Version 1.60.89606

Starting process failed.

Starting process failed.

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe"

Current time: 2012/03/04 20:40:28

Version 1.60.89606

Warning Message: No entry '.profilePathDefault'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry '.profilePathCommon'.

Warning Message: No entry '.extensionSave'.

Warning Message: No entry '.extensionProfile'.

Warning Message: No entry '.extensionWizardMission'.

Warning Message: No entry '.extensionAddon'.

================================================== =====

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

== "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -winxp -noautoupdate

Exe timestamp: 2012/03/04 20:48:30

Current time: 2012/03/20 04:02:46

Version 1.60.87580

Exe timestamp: 2012/03/30 00:29:07

Current time: 2012/03/30 18:44:05

Version 1.60.87580

ErrorMessage: Cannot open file 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\PMC\addons\ca_pmc.pbo'

I get this on startup, it gets to the main menu and just crashes instantly.