Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

BAF or PMC?

BAF. More and better content.

PMC. Terrifyingly bad. Seriously the #1 reason why I'm not a arma3 fanboy.

-k

Ever try PMC in coop? I had a ton of fun online with a friend..

PMC. Terrifyingly bad. Seriously the #1 reason why I'm not a arma3 fanboy.

PMC has a fabulous map!

It also has new weapons and new characters.

The only add-on I have ever wished for in any game is new maps.

PMC has a fabulous map!

It also has new weapons and new characters.

The only add-on I have ever wished for in any game is new maps.

I forgot the proving grounds.Absolutely awesome map!

pmc [...] has new weapons

had a laugh, thank you

Ever try PMC in coop? I had a ton of fun online with a friend..

I didn't. It felt like worst parts of ArmA and CoD mixed together for The Ultimate Horrible Experience.

2 regenerating dudes running around missions with half of scripts that tried to force hollywood-ish linear gameplay being broken by the engine desperately crying "but I simulate dynamic battlefields" - PMC coop in a nutshell.

PMC campaign is a great example why you should never ever try to break something that worked well by trying to do something exactly opposite. BIS trying to make a linear arcade-y shooter is like CryTek trying to make a military simulator.

Edited by metalcraze

BAF represents better value for money. The difference in BAF texture quality is noticeable compared to the light version whereas the PMC units gain little with the higher resolution textures, neither clothing nor vehicles benefit to appreciable levels as they are generally monocoloured surfaces. In my opinion BAF also adds some better missions than those in the PMC DLC. Although most BAF weapons utilise optics also found in Arrowhead the few that do not gain from acquiring the full version.

Regards,

Sander

PMC is (sadly) only good for the Kasatka and the Campaign, the rest is pretty mediocre content. (Thx to Binkowski for that one-liner).

BAF holds more stuff to enjoy. Best stock Units ever made for an Arma game, good Campaign and a bunch of pretty cool SP missions. Don´t know about the MP content, I don´t do MP.

my two cents.

Thanks for the replies. Trying to buy both for a total of $10 at Gamer's Gate, but my payment is not going through. No customer support either.

I guess I'll just have to get it from Sprocket eventually and I'll only get BAF.