Sign in to follow this  
pcc

Game won't start with 1.6 patch

I have Arma 2 CO. Game started fine with 1.59 patch, but with 1.6, the game cannot start.

Error message: "Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\ARMA II - PC\\dta\bin.pbo' "

Regular Arma 2 still works with 1.11 patch.

i would say You need fresh reinstall

also what version is that ARMA 2 ? if it's older than 1.05 you must first patch it to 1.05

i assume this is Green Man Gaming application

it seems something got broken there

can you please create a hash list of your arma folder with http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

right mouse button on the arma folder -> create hash list

and post the file here

hm pretty weird. your files are alright.

how do you start the game? via a desktop link or inside the capsule app?

Double check the VirtualStore folder under C:\users\your username\appdata\local\virtualstore - make sure there's nothing in there.

Also add -noFilePatching to the startup line.

@PvPscene

I usually start the game with a shortcut from the arma2oa.exe, and I've tried directly from arma2oa.exe.

@Sickboy

I checked that folder and there was nothing in there.

I will try the -noFilePatching startup line next time when I reinstall the game.

For now I backed up the patched A2 files and reinstalled OA as standalone. Apply the patch, then copied the A2 files into the OA directory. So far it works.

I had this problem and just solved it. Check out the error message. There's a double \\ in the address line before the expansion folder. Delete the \ off the end of the MAIN game folder address in the registry for Arma II. Greenmangaming must've added that extra and screwed up the program's address search via registry.