Sign in to follow this  
cotabucky

So 1.60 is out :) Anybody notice changes in MP when building missions?

So happy with this patch 1st of all.

Now one thing I wanted to maybe bring up is the issue with making things that work in editor,work the same online.

I am not very skilled at scripting,etc but work on stuff little by little as I understand it or copy and paste it :) .

I always work on coop MP and my missions are built around that with lots of AI.I notice many times my hopes are up when editing because things work fine in editor,Then when I go online with a buddy I sometimes have issues.(patch has helped greatly)

I have worked out almost all those issues but was wondering if anybody had any tips and especially if they notice any changes because of the 1.60 patch so I will waste as little time as possible in editor lol.

Any tips would be welcome and links,etc.

Thanks a bunch and this is not a desperate cry for help,Just a discussion thing is why I posted.Most issues I have worked around and figured out.

The patch is a huge bonus - no real changes to the editor i can see but everything is more responsive generally.

Big step forward for Arma - never see enough optimisations.

made a quick list - pretty much what i see as relevant - fantastic work

New: Commandline -checkSignatures to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in rpt file.

New: -beta=xxxx as alternative to -mod=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.

New: Scripting command visiblePosition to obtain object position as visible on screen (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26591)

New: Editor: Visual indication of the selected target for CYCLE waypoint.

New: A command line argument -par=filename can be specified to provide a parameter file (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26103)

New: Scripting command reveal has a new variant, group reveal [target, accuracy]. To reveal target side use 1.5 (default reveal used accuracy=1).

New: scripting function "assignedTeam xxx" returns colored team to which a commander of given vehicle belongs to.

New: Command line option -nosound to run the game without accessing audio devices.

New: AI FSMs can be disabled using unit disableAI "FSM".

New: parameter "angle" for reflectors

New: Helipads can be placed on a carrier deck and AI helicopter can land on them.

Impoved: Aircraft can be placed on carrier deck in the editor.

Beer in the mail to everyone on the CIT...:yay:

remember the change log is just fragment of all the changes , majority is on CIT but even that not cover everything :)

might be just me but seem to get a 10-15 second delay when firing a script example is nielsons cim module when i tell a civ to get down it now takes 10-15 secs to play the sound.

I also noticed on the navigation lights script also delays and has slowed strobe flashing down as well.

mso takes ages to load now as before fired up quick at the moment it has just taken 7 minutes till it completed all scripts running

remember the change log is just fragment of all the changes , majority is on CIT but even that not cover everything :)

I guess that the COMREF / BIKI will be updated soon? :D

Ive had no issues with anything yet in my extensive busy coop mission since last figuring out a few things I had messed up :D .

Well I do notice once and a while a flicker of an object or body coming back like a ghost but doesn't effect gameplay.

Anybody else experience this?

As in seeing what was an alive soldier standing for a split second when they have been dead a while lying on the ground.

In terms of mission making for SP vs MP, doesn't seem like much was changed. Especially for the kinds of problems I assume you're probably facing with client vs server-side scripting which are the most common issues when going from SP mission making to MP.

Haven't noticed any "ghost-like" flickers like what you are describing. Might want to post a screenshot and the mission where this happened, so we can have some idea what you're talking about. Overall, though, it doesn't *seem* like something *you* messed up with a script.

Ive had no issues with anything yet in my extensive busy coop mission since last figuring out a few things I had messed up :D .

Well I do notice once and a while a flicker of an object or body coming back like a ghost but doesn't effect gameplay.

Anybody else experience this?

As in seeing what was an alive soldier standing for a split second when they have been dead a while lying on the ground.

yeap I have seen it - happened on a domination server where a black hawk suddenly appeared in the air and floated there for a few seconds, then it disappeared again, few minutes later the real black hawk shows up and it did a quick flicker again (the real one disappeared momentarily)

In terms of mission making for SP vs MP, doesn't seem like much was changed. Especially for the kinds of problems I assume you're probably facing with client vs server-side scripting which are the most common issues when going from SP mission making to MP.

Haven't noticed any "ghost-like" flickers like what you are describing. Might want to post a screenshot and the mission where this happened, so we can have some idea what you're talking about. Overall, though, it doesn't *seem* like something *you* messed up with a script.

lol ,You couldn't possibly take a picture of it.It would be like trying to take a picture of lightning.Well I guess its possible but i'm not going to attempt it :D .

It could be do to mods I am using.

Yes what your saying I find true.Its mostly the same issues I have with just simply not knowing what is needed to make everything work in MP from editor.Learning little by little ;)