Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86476 (1.60 MP build)

hi guys

1st post so if its in the wrong place please remove have looked around before posting:)

just installed beta 86476 and all installed no problem started game no problem shows the beta number in the lower right of the screen.

my problem is when i click the expansion button on the first screen all my mods are missing. i guess its because the game now starts in the expansion/beta folder instead of the main directory could some guide me to getting my mods to show in the expansion menu bar again

many thanks

harvey

ps excuse my english hope you can understand what i am saying:rolleyes:

hi guys

1st post so if its in the wrong place please remove have looked around before posting:)

just installed beta 86476 and all installed no problem started game no problem shows the beta number in the lower right of the screen.

my problem is when i click the expansion button on the first screen all my mods are missing. i guess its because the game now starts in the expansion/beta folder instead of the main directory could some guide me to getting my mods to show in the expansion menu bar again

many thanks

harvey

ps excuse my english hope you can understand what i am saying:rolleyes:

are u using a launcher or startup parameter to start the game?

are u using a launcher or startup parameter to start the game?

i just drop my @folders into arma 2 oa directory start the game and enable or disable my mods in the expansion button on the first screen on game startup

Change the shortcut start-in folder back to the arma 2 folder, instead of arma 2\expansion\beta

Beta patches are getting better with each release. Any idea when we might see that full release? :p

Awww man - it WAS going to be today, but everytime someone asks 'when is it going to be released' they put it back one day!

Anyone else seeing jerky AI animations?

For example if they walk in safe mode and patrolling it seems like they they are trying to catch up then pause, catch up then pause and so on. And looking at running AI it looks like they sometimes skips parts of their animation cycles, also some handsignals looks really wierd when AI performs them.

/KC

For example if they walk in safe mode and patrolling it seems like they they are trying to catch up then pause, catch up then pause and so on. And looking at running AI it looks like they sometimes skips parts of their animation cycles, also some handsignals looks really wierd when AI performs them.

/KC

clean \Beta\ folder , reinstall last beta and if it still happens ...

can You share video with us ?

clean \Beta\ folder , reinstall last beta and if it still happens ...

Will do...

Also want to add that I tried to make a repro on Utes but there the AI walked pretty nice in safe mode (i.e no catch up then pause...).

It was much more evident in a mission on Chernarus where I sometimes have quite low FPS in cities (~15-20) so this maybe is more related to my machine not having enough power and thus gives me the jerkyness...

However the running and hand/arm signal wierdness is seen also on Utes with 40+ FPS. When AI run it sometimes looks like they are tripping over their own feets and/or the animations try to catch up, hard to explain but quite easy to notice if looking at AI in binocs.

/KC

/KC

I have seen this as well. However I was using the previous BETA and ACE-- on a fairly heavy mission (ambient civ module ++) so I figured it was on my end.

-k

update to todays beta and retry ;)