Sign in to follow this  
MD500Enthusiast

ToH flight dynamics won't end up in arma3

so as i'm reading the arma 3 forums it seems like the flight dynamics won't make it into arma 3 due to certain posts that the devs made. i am extremely disappointed and you might have lost a customer for arma 3. i know you guys have said the FM will be in arma3, i'm guessing only the shell of the helo will be in arma3 and it'll still fly like arma 2.

can you give me the link? i'm reading this thread and i'm on the 20th page, it just seems to go on forever.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

thanks guys.

well I could understand if it is not in arma 3 by default. if the flight model gets too complicate too fly it will spoil the fun. not everybody playing arma wants too by a chopper pilot ofc. But if somewhere in the hard difficulty the model get used then it would be cool. fr now the devs are just playing with the FM too see how it works out. And judging from the dev post. Arma 3 is proably somewhere between alpha and beta with a new function freeze to iron out the bugs

i agree that there should be an option for people to use the old arma 2 flight dynamics via realism slider etc but i do hope the final flight dynamics of toh will make it into arma 3 when realism is turned up.

i'm sorry, why is this in TKOH forums if it's about ArmA3?

well i know a few people that play toh that also play arma 2, myself included. but perhaps this post is slightly misplaced despit the original intentions.

So what is exactly the problem here? It has been confirmed to feature in A3 (see also PurePassions link). I don't know what they're referring to in the Arma 3 forums, but if you don't have any specific links to official statements to support your hypothesis I don't think this topic is very useful ;) Especially since the thread title is written as a statement, not as a question.

The A3 team will evaluate the deployment of the more advanced flight dynamics but, obviously, they've got a lot to consider in terms of balancing performance, usability and features!

It's already been stated that it's quite likely to be used in some form or another, and there are a lot of fans of the improvements introduced by Take On on the A3 team.

It should be remembered that A3 is much broader in its focus, and that it's also a discussion for the A3 section, too!

Best,

RiE