Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

God save the queen!

All people who say we shouldn't have a Queen, all peoples who say she is useless. Just check out how many people think your views are dumb.

One Million people turned up for the Jubilee thing in London, and far more than that have celebrated throughout the country and the Commonwealth. Australia even decided not to become a republic a few years ago bkus of her.

People travelled from as far away as Africa to come and celebrate.

I dont know about some of the other countries in the Commonwealth, but I think the Queen and possible her successors will be in power for a long time yet.

Whatever makes you guys happy, you just go right ahead and do it. You aint gettin your damn colonies back though! lol tounge.gif

Britain was ruled under monarchy for centuries. I really like to see thousands of castles still standing throughout Europe, so personally it adds an extra "touch" or "flavor". Besides, Royal Navy sounds so much better than US Navy.

Who cares if she's useless ? She's an icon, not a ruler. I say keep her.

thats pretty much the view of most British people, as long as they dont interfere in politics people dont mind them- and it makes us different from all those >french< republics (including US)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who cares if she's useless ? She's an icon, not a ruler. I say keep her.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly!

& whats funny is the rest of Europe, especially France are really envious.

They love the Queen and they are jealous that they cant have great pomp & circumstance marches like we do.

I love those incredibly funny looking uniforms you guys have, and even more I love how serious the guys wearing them are. If I was in one of those uniforms I would be grinning like an idiot until I took it off smile.gif

Personally, i don't like the monarch at all, i can understand that some people love it and yes, i must admit that it has something special.

But i still think that it costs a lot of money for nothing, it looks good but it's worth nothing, they only cost us a lot of money and they have nothing to say about the country.

Of course that's my opinion, i really can't think of a good reason why the king/queen should "rule" a country. Perhaps someone who likes the monarch can tell me the advantages. (with exception of the: "it's great fun to laugh with 'em" and the "it looks good" ones biggrin.gif )

How much do you think a low-down President costs? He's not free I'll tell you that!

The nation has made it's wishes clear the last few days.

Long Live The Queen!

You should see the White House.. the food President eats, his Air Force One planes, limos, security.. etc.. I'm sure it costs a fortune to maintain all that. You brits have the Palace on the other hand, and your Prime Minister costs 5% to maintain than our president.

I'd take a bullet for her.

She represents something rather special in this day and age. Now, unlike her spawn, she has maintained her image and not gotten embroiled in scandal.

As for costs, I believe her family is wealthy independant of anything they may make from the crown. If there would be any gripe i have it's that she doesnt pay taxes on her private income.

But then, being a Canadian, I have a soft spot for old blighty smile.gif

Monarchs are now symbolic.

They represent everyman's longing for something pure, righteous, perfect and good.

If such symbols did not exist, people would perhaps start thinking about creating something valuable themselves instead of relying on the idol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love those incredibly funny looking uniforms you guys have, and even more I love how serious the guys wearing them are. If I was in one of those uniforms I would be grinning like an idiot until I took it off<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

Not to mention the great titles some peeps have.

The Right Hon Lord Count of Wessex etc.

Wessex dosent even exist anymore btw.

I think its great that a country can go around dressed in 18th century imperial uniforms and have grand titles like that and still take it seriously.

well im not one for queen etc but shes here and she does her bit, but that jubilee was the most awsome thing ive ever seen, and the crowds of millions all over Uk kinda sums it up.

and those celebrations say that UK pagentry rivals no where on earth biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ June 04 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bkus<span id='postcolor'>

there ... it seems the queen will last longer than your language biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 04 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd take a bullet for her.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, be my guest!

Personally I think that's the most moronic thing a person can say biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ June 04 2002,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Monarchs are now symbolic.

They represent everyman's longing for something pure, righteous, perfect and good.

If such symbols did not exist, people would perhaps start thinking about creating something valuable themselves instead of relying on the idol.<span id='postcolor'>

Totally agree.

In Denmark we have a very popular monarchy too. But I've noticed that the amount of attention a person gives to the royals is parallel with the amount of hopelessness in their own lives. The more gossip-mags you buy, the bigger loser wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 04 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, be my guest!

Personally I think that's the most moronic thing a person can say  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why moronic?

You'd live forever in the annals of British History biggrin.gif

Probably the best chance for fame that Joe Average would get wink.gif

that is if you survive....if you survive, you might be knighted, but if not..ouch! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Denmark we have a very popular monarchy too. But I've noticed that the amount of attention a person gives to the royals is parallel with the amount of hopelessness in their own lives. The more gossip-mags you buy, the bigger loser <span id='postcolor'>

I don't presume to judge people in that way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 04 2002,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The more gossip-mags you buy, the bigger loser  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So by definition, hairdressers are the biggest losers in the world biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 04 2002,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Denmark we have a very popular monarchy too. But I've noticed that the amount of attention a person gives to the royals is parallel with the amount of hopelessness in their own lives. The more gossip-mags you buy, the bigger loser  <span id='postcolor'>

I don't presume to judge people in that way.<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough, but give us your opinion then...