Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Global Research

Hi all

I'm reading regularly the articles on Global research as it gives me a different point of view, as to what the mainstream media is up to.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=home

There are a lot of people contributing to Global research and you will find good stuff on nearly every subject. Have a good read.:)

p.s. In case someone can point me to some other good sites please post a link.

Edited by nettrucker

"Different point of view" in this case is a very nice way of saying "purposefully anti-establishment sensationalism".

I say it's a different point of view the same as the mainstream media shows you a different point of view. It's up to everyone on his own, what to believe or what not. You don't like it don't read it.:)

"Different point of view" in this case is a very nice way of saying "purposefully anti-establishment sensationalism".

Could you link and list the cases in which this wouldn't be, but still is a different point of view? Just to balance it out.

I'll just take my daily dosage of George Carlin! :D

he helps definitely to distract but it is very much irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. I would like to know where you guys get information about the current world situation. Everyone is doing propaganda. I've read most of the articles on Global research. Now what i'm trying to say is . . . what if these articles are true? Anonymous has hacked the Nato database and retrieved 1 GB of data. Their comment was that it would be irresponsable to release the truth about the data retrieved. Think about that.

Furthermore I come to the conclusion that the mainstream media can't be trusted on worldwide level. When I'm watching them I feel the urge to puke.:(

They are embarassing.

Edited by nettrucker

I'm a frequent visitor of global research myself - it's a good site.

I would like to know where you guys get information about the current world situation.

Russia Today :thumbsup:

I'm a frequent visitor of global research myself - it's a good site.

Well this is also not really reliable...

I get my news from Euronews+some german news channels+ some croatian. The mix gives a good overview

Isn't it Kremlin's voice ? That's what i've heard, i never watched it however.

The best places are combinations (even areas that are opposite to what you want to hear are worth to compare), and as regards the subjective thing of "reliable" you only have yourself and your grey matter, questions, and then sources which are best viewed as:

"does this place tell me what I need to know only / and want to hear, and that this is just the truth, or is this place an information source, linking articles from many places and then also sub linking, and leaving it up to me to understand by then giving sources to look further into what it touches on?"
I think we can all agree on mainstream areas you dont get this much at all, its a good rule to go by anyway, so to just dump on the site linked outright is a bit "my information is clearly more reliable than yours" and that's where the un questioning barriers start to show. Almost side taking within the realms of information.

Im not a fan of mainstream but I "use" it to get some headlines and then search elsewhere to get other angles on it (oddly enough global research is included).

Edited by mrcash2009

The AGM-114N was specifically designed for this purpose and can be deployed from the Apache platform so I'm not sure what your point is.