Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Anonymous

While I agree to their principal idea I remain sceptic. Wikileaks lost my "trust" when they edited the fuck out of that apache guncam video.

Oh and "Quis custodit custodes?".

this is not only about wiki leaks it is about freedom. Which we have lost all over the world. We might have never had any real freedom in a first place. Now I'm trying to understand you guys what is wrong with their messages. Their means to achieve their goals is a thing everyone can evalue for himself. I'm not discussing right or wrong. I'm talking about the message of anonymous. I've seen pretty much every video available. I'm not feeling brainwashed. I just agree strongly with their message.

7wvph-CyH88

It is good to be sceptic, but the only way to find out is doing research and that's what I'm doing.

Edited by nettrucker

Lets not get confused that people not fully buying this particular flavour aren't informed, also if you are more informed by it then all well and good, wouldn't be right to say dont look at it, I would just say that its only a small part of things to look at (just me of course).

About lulzsec which is a group of hackers in the movement. The took precise action against precise targets. They hacked the Nato database and recovered 1 GB of documents.
Which is falling right into the hands of those wanting to open the net to transparency and access to ISP data etc using this as the reason, so it doesn't "free" much up at all, in fact the whole recent hacking extravaganza just seems to be a new 9/11 for the internet in terms of rule changing and top level paranoia clamp down & agency snooping to "keep us safe".
It is good to be sceptic, but the only way to find out is doing research and that's what I'm doing.
I dont think people are posting towards you, its just that seeing as this thread is here, we post what we think about "it" mainly. I personally, and my view, dont find it very informative once you have checked it out. A good starting point for "awareness" I would agree on that. Edited by mrcash2009

this is not only about wiki leaks it is about freedom.

I think I should elaborate. What basically annoys me with wikileaks is this "uuh we're such good people because we blow the whistle". What in fact happened is a biased cut of the original material. This could happen to any material provided. See the aghanistan reports or the embassy depeches. What tells us that there weren't more uncovered documents, but they didn't fit in the picture wikileaks wanted to build?

I have the same problem with anonymous.

Who are they to decide what is right or wrong? I certainly wasn't asked, but I was asked lately by the local administration if I agree to an infrastructural change in my neighbourhood.

Anonymous has yet to prove to me that it means serious business. Right now I see the pressure they exerted on a german television channel for an ironic report about nerds on the GC. And that tells me that the same subjective people I meet every day are behind this. That leaves me with very great scepticism.

Lets not get confused that people not fully buying this particular flavour aren't informed, also if you are more informed by it then all well and good, wouldn't be right to say dont look at it, I would just say that its only a small part of things to look at (just me of course).

I agree with you and I'm not saying that people aren't informed. I agree also that it's only a small part of the big picture. I opened this topic to discuss this movement.

Which is falling right into the hands of those wanting to open the net to transparency and access to ISP data etc using this as the reason, so it doesn't "free" much up at all, in fact the whole recent hacking extravaganza just seems to be a new 9/11 for the internet in terms of rule changing and top level paranoia clamp down & agency snooping to "keep us safe".

It is still to early for me to evalue their action for being honest. The fact that they are hacking into servers and retrieve data is definitely debatable.

But let's say it is their only Peaceful "weapon" to fight back and exert pressure on the current power structures. Now I'm trying to see the big picture in here where anonymous is only a small part of it. The fact that we are debating in other topics about politics and movements, which are directly related to our current situation in our world, shows me that we the people are more and more informed. People are awakening all around the globe which leads to movements like Occupy Wall Street and others.

Sadly the majority of people are just asleep behind the wheel.

I'm not really looking at the artistic forms of their messages spread. I try to focuse on the essence of it. The message itself. What is it telling me?

Now I found out that most of the messages I heard are in accordance to what I feel and to what I think is right. I simply agree with their message.

Now anonymous is taking action . . . they are striking back against what they think, is injustice and corruption. There have been arrests all over the world of annymous members. I admire their courage to take on every power structure in existence. Their messages are wildly ranging from the NWO to Nato to the FED to Wall street. Anonymous is fighting the corrupt systems and governments all over the world on a global scale.

And they have my respect for it.

I dont think people are posting towards you, its just that seeing as this thread is here, we post what we think about "it" mainly. I personally, and my view, dont find it very informative once you have checked it out. A good starting point for "awareness" I would agree on that.

I'm not taking anything personal. I openend this topic because I want to inform other people, who don't know about anonymous and those who know, I would like them to partecipate to discuss the movement in a civil manner.

I hope that this thread is not going to be closed for whatever reason as long as we can discuss it, as in all other threads.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I think I should elaborate. What basically annoys me with wikileaks is this "uuh we're such good people because we blow the whistle". What in fact happened is a biased cut of the original material. This could happen to any material provided. See the aghanistan reports or the embassy depeches. What tells us that there weren't more uncovered documents, but they didn't fit in the picture wikileaks wanted to build?

Who are they to decide what is right or wrong? I certainly wasn't asked, but I was asked lately by the local administration if I agree to an infrastructural change in my neighbourhood.

Anonymous has yet to prove to me that it means serious business. Right now I see the pressure they exerted on a german television channel for an ironic report about nerds on the GC. And that tells me that the same subjective people I meet every day are behind this. That leaves me with very great scepticism.

Do not focus too much on wikileaks. It was just a factor which has lead to anonymous taking action.

Who are they? Well in case you have watched some more videos of anonymous you should know by now. They say that they are normal people like you and me. Everyone should be able to decide for himself what he thinks is right or wrong, unfortunately in most cases the mainstream media is doing that for us.

The active members of anonymous have taken a decision and they are acting. The time for change has come in their opinion. We will see in the future how the situation develops around anonymous.

Edited by nettrucker

That Report wasn´t ironic at all.

It was full of insults and defamation.

Not really something that a huge TV channel should broadcast.

How can anyone take anonymous seriously when the majority of the group is made up of kids (of all ages) who spend their life on 4chan posting trollfaces 24/7?

Oh... And putting on the robot voice and talking about their xbox live friends. :rolleyes:

I was referring more to their message. The messages they are stating are pretty clear.

What is wrong with their message?

I was referring more to their message. The messages they are stating are pretty clear.

What is wrong with their message?

Xbox, that's whats wrong :p

lgSdyBVSQCY&feature=related

I accept your opinion. anonymous has declared the reason why they did it.

How can anyone take anonymous seriously when the majority of the group is made up of kids (of all ages) who spend their life on 4chan posting trollfaces 24/7?

And even this Guy Fawkes thing is a joke. Fawkes was a hired patsy just like Oswald. Hell, everyone could be "anonymous". The Chinese or ordinary criminals.

What has sony to do with cyber warfare against tyranny? They just help to rise the cyber security budget.

They just help to rise the cyber security budget.

Which gets passed off unto the consumer or taxpayer.