Sign in to follow this  
mobeus

Arma 2 new commands

quick question i hope it can be answerd

when will arma 2 be getting the new commands that are only available in operation arrowhead.

eg some of the new commands are :

setPlayerRespawnTime

BIS_fnc_3Dcredits

Town Generator

addMPEventHandler

etc

Edited by mobeus

why would BIS update an older version of the engine?

Non-free update/patch to include all new scripting commands in A2 can be purchased here.

Besides it's main feature (introducing new scripting commands) it also has some minor goodies like new environment, new vehicles/units, additional campaign and several SP/MP scenarios.

i have all bohemia games the thing is i play arma 2 (retail ) more than any other so will the commands ever be available for a2 like i asked.

Edited by mobeus

As in the other thread you said a simple yes/no would do it: no.

Including new scripting commands isn't always that simple as people might think. Depending on what the script command does, changes in the game engine are necessary. BIS has done this by updating the Game from 1.00 (1.10 with latest update) to 1.50 (1.59 with latest update). That said: yes, the commands are available for ArmA 2 as long it is part of Combined Ops.

The solution is to get Operation Arrowhead.

-

The solution is to get Operation Arrowhead.

-

looks like it , bit dissapointed in the support though no official response , they must be too busy to answer the little guys questions those official people.

looks like it , bit dissapointed in the support though no official response , they must be too busy to answer the little guys questions those official people.

Bit dissappointed in the support?? You do realise that BIS support this game and all their games virtually non stop right? They constantly have beta patches released at least 3-4 times a week. No offense intended, but why should BIS update the arma 2 vanilla game to support A2 OA only features? If you want the OA features then you should buy OA, before complaining about lack of support.

looks like it , bit dissapointed in the support though no official response

you already got the official response, just not from a BIS employee

they must be too busy to answer the little guys questions those official people.

you some kind of big shot now? really?

They are busy actually working on a FUTURE product (or 2 in fact), rather than answering every pesky user that is too cheap to get the updates by buying the UPDATED software..

How would it sound if i were to ask autodesk to get me the viewport upgrades and graphite tools from 2012 release in 3ds max 9, then get my panties in a twist for them not replying on their forums? You post is just as stupid

The last stable patch for AA2 is newer than the last stable patch for OA btw

The question that should be asked though: why haven't you bought OA yet?

hey guy go to the store and get the Reinforcements expansion it contains Every thing you need including OA, plus its only like 30$....im sure you have a bucket of change around with at least that much...

you already got the official response, just not from a BIS employee

you some kind of big shot now? really?

They are busy actually working on a FUTURE product (or 2 in fact), rather than answering every pesky user that is too cheap to get the updates by buying the UPDATED software..

How would it sound if i were to ask autodesk to get me the viewport upgrades and graphite tools from 2012 release in 3ds max 9, then get my panties in a twist for them not replying on their forums? You post is just as stupid

hold on boyo your attitude stinks...

i have / own armed assault ( arma 1 ) , armed assault 2 ( arma 2 retail ) , arma 2 operation arrow head , baf , pmc & reinforcements. that meens i pay my way.. so i am well within my rights to ask for an official response on this.

Edited by mobeus

hold on boyo your attitude stinks...

i have / own armed assault ( arma 1 ) , armed assault 2 ( arma 2 retail ) , arma 2 operation arrow head , baf , pmc & reinforcements. that meens i pay my way.. so i am well within my rights to ask for an official response on this.

So having ArmA2 and OA makes it possible to combine them to get ArmA2 CO, thus having all the commands available.

So having ArmA2 and OA makes it possible to combine them to get ArmA2 CO, thus having all the commands available.

thanks prof , it works i didnt know you could run oa and have arma 2 included untill right now. thanks very much its working.

ps that pufo is a prize cock ... hes got a propper attitude problem.

Edited by mobeus

thanks prof , it works i didnt know you could run oa and have arma 2 included untill right now. thanks very much its working.

ps that pufo is a prize cock ... hes got a propper attitude problem.

cry me a river

yep ^ confirms it .. a total knob