Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

Hi otarius-big

I'm really sorry but this campaign is single player only. I never got around to learn how to make multiplayer missions or a coop campaign. My bad.

Regards

Can you please post what error message you get in order to understand what's wrong.

Thanks

Edit: Just restarted the campaign from scratch. No problems here on my end. But @ST had the same problem . . . look 1st page, he fixed it than by himself unfortunately he didn't post what was wrong nor the solution how to fix it. So it's hard for me to understand why some of you guys have problems others not. Really strange.

You need to run ArmA combined operations or OA standalone as it's stated in the campaign requirements, otherwise you can't run it.

Edited by nettrucker

Thanks Miller . . . for the mirror. i've contacted yesterday McLupo to inform him but he was already aware of it.

Once again thank you very much:)

Hello nettrucker:)

First of all i have to thank for the pre-info...hehe! Thx alot mate!

But i´m always with you and your great work!

Your update works like a new-created campaign...no errors, still more impressiv, a new feeling of the campaign...but you have to read it by yourself;) if you want...!

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=815&entries=0#post6379

I will translate it in english, too! Gimme time!

Thank you very much!

Best regards

McLupo

My thanks goes to you. I've read the new review naturally . . . really great stuff. As I told you already before . . . you are overgenerous. I'm glad that you liked it so much, really.

we'll keep in touch.

All my best

Hello,

it´done...the translation for your non german visitors.

Read it:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=816

A little single promotion :) for the best campaign i´ve played at all the last time.

Best regards

McLupo

Hi McLupo.

Wow . . . this was really fast. Thanks mate. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for it and as I said before. As long as people have fun playing it then all the effort in creating the campaign was worth it.

Just finished first two missions from v1.1 great update all finished tasks are "green" in briefing. Markers changed colours, all groups join to attack nobody stay behind.

Setidentity still dont work for me but this is nothing big and maybe something wrong on my side. Great update nettrucker, thanks for your work.

Just finished first two missions from v1.1 great update all finished tasks are "green" in briefing. Markers changed colours, all groups join to attack nobody stay behind.

Setidentity still dont work for me but this is nothing big and maybe something wrong on my side. Great update nettrucker, thanks for your work.

Hello tom

my thanks goes to you . . . as you have been an excellent tester. You have found a lot of bugs, reported them, so I could fix them. Your contribution was important to get a lot of flaws fixed. So in my opinion your role was crucial to this update.

There will be further updates to come, but you know I'd rather make few updates due to the big filesize which will increase in the future.

3. On the hot spot.

Task:

fall back to Fop-wenn I go back to Fop marker "Fallback" was green but task in briefing dont have green square even wenn mission ends.

After we kill all enemis i got new task"Fall back to Shabaz" and after few seconds green text "any" few sec letter red text "search and destroy" and 2nd time task"Fall back to Shabaz". But mission ends with no problems.

3. On the hot spot.

Task:

fall back to Fop-wenn I go back to Fop marker "Fallback" was green but task in briefing dont have green square even wenn mission ends.

After we kill all enemis i got new task"Fall back to Shabaz" and after few seconds green text "any" few sec letter red text "search and destroy" and 2nd time task"Fall back to Shabaz". But mission ends with no problems.

Duely noted. Damn still some stuff that I gotta fix. Thanks for reporting Tom.

I forget to write, after i receive that 2nd "Fallback to Shabaz" task i have in briefing two the same "Shabaz" tasks, and wenn mission ends one of them was green-accoplished, the 2nd "Fallback to Shabaz" was still active-no green square in briefing. If i find something new I will send you feedback.

Ps: I hope i will find nothing new :), i personally horibly dont like fixing bugs in missions :)

There are evidently still some issues after having updated the tasks and most probably I've messed up things. i'll take a look at it and fix it. Somhow it escaped my attention not withstanding I playtested the whole campaign before the release of the update.:)

4. Hammer of thor.

Task: Clear the 5th building.

No green square in briefing after we clear that building, but we have radio message and marker on map chenge colour red->green. No problems with the rest of tasks in this mission. And mission ends with no problem.

Missions: 5.Operation Ghost rider and 6.Black night: no problems from start to the end, all ok with tasks,briefings, markers, no bugs :)

hi tom

yeah I experienced some real peculiar things too in Hammer of Thor. sometimes the task wouldn't tick off in green not withstanding the task has been accomplished. Some weird stuff . . . sometimes it was task 6 sometimes 5 and 7. I controlled all task when succeeded but couldn't find any errors. Last playthrough all task were succeeded. Gotta take once again a look at that. Thanks for reporting.

I think I know why setidentity dont work.

In editor our unit name is ap. And in init field you write:

this setidentity "Vincent Vega" . But in main description.ext you have class called player. So in init should be this setidentity "player". In 1or2 missions description.ext you name this class ap like in editor. But in most of mission you dont add cfgidentities to mission description.ext file.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I always add cfgidentities to all description.ext in mission_name folder, just to be sure. But maybe its enough like you do only 1 time in main campaign description.ext. You must only remember to write correct class in unit init line:

this setidentity "class name" not unit name :)

7. Sledgehammer: all ok, no bugs, markers chenged colour red->green,all task have green square in briefing.

8. Dressed to kill:

4 tasks: clear area romeo1-4 no bugs, markers chenged colour to green and task have green square in briefing.

Task: clear the base, marker chenged colour to green but task dont have green square in briefing.

And last task: clear operation area romeo [blue marker]:

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I dont know if this is a bug or I have bad luck. I was thinking that if all romeo1-4 and base are cleared this task will by finished too. I clear all houses, i destroy all enemy tanks,apc-s,trucks and nothing maybe i should kill few more soldiers there and maybe few ai hide somwhere on map[in zargabad] and i cant find them. So i dont know if its a bug in this task, i use cheat to end this mission.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

This 2 missions was most challenging so far, many loaded games ;)

I was thinking that Sledgehammer is imposible to win. On airfield was only me+3 abrams+few soldiers against 6 tanks,2shilkas and ~20men. All my tanks and men was killed in 10sec. But then i use the best strategy/tactic in arma 2 I load the game, after that my tanks destroy all enemy forces in few seconds :) And mission was finished.

Hello tom

I will look into those matters and see how I can improve and fix it. Thanks once again for this extensive feedback.

Sledgehammer

I normally try to gain some high ground on the hill to the right. Where you can overlook the airport and deliver some deadly fire on the enemy infantry. In the very first versions the tanks approached together with the infantry and sometimes they just cleared everything and there was nothing left to fight. Some other times or most of the other times they got chewed up by the enemy tanks and the enemy infantry finished of the job, so that there was no chance to take the airport. I then decided to let the friendly tanks advanced when your squad reaches a certain waypoint in the mission to prevent both things from happening. In any case if you gain higher ground and deliver some deadly supressive fire the mission is not impossible to win. Definitely this mission and also Dressed to kill are challenging and it needs definitely some effective input from the players side to finish them.:D

Thanks for the feedback.:)

Nettrucker thanks for tips about Sledgehammer.

9.Roadblock:all ok, no bugs, and i see few small but nice/good changes in this mission.

10.Cleansweep: mission ends with no problems but i think there are still few bugs with tasks becose:

few minutes after mission started I see white text "general has escaped" after that task:Find Hassan Jafar was failed in briefing-red cross,but on monitor I see

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Red info Seize Ace 3-failed or something like that it should be about Jafar task.

Then we cleared all Ace sectors1-3 tasks are green in briefing, markers are green. Wenn i go to place where i should find Jafar i see oficer and he talk that Jafar escaped to villa-i have new task. Wenn we cleared villa i see red/green text:

villa has been cleared,red text general has escaped then task &mission ends.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And I think i found 2 small mistakes in markers names:

on villa "Target Jaraf" i think it should be Jafar :)

and marker "Target position Jaraf" also Jafar, but this is nothing big :)

Ps: now for me this mission is much better then in v1.0 you made good changes.

11. Silverspoon.

Mission ends without a problem but after we killed all tanks-task accomplished in briefing, then we cleared base-task also acomplished and then mission ends, i dont know if we destroy all AA units, but this task dont have green square in briefing after mission is finished. Maybe this is not a bug and we dont have to kill them to end misson-something like optional task.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

If this is the reason why this task is not accoplished you can maybe add a small tip in briefing that this is optional task and you dont have to end this task to end the mission. Or maybe im wrong and this is a small bug.

12.Black gold.

All ok, no bugs, all markers changed colours, all task are accomplished in briefing, mission end without a problem.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Ps: sorry that im not answer on your last pm but im cut off from my pc with internet [its 2 months now] and from my phone i can only write posts-somethimes i cant even edit them.

I really have good fun playing your campaign and sending few posts with feedback is no problem, so if you will make someday v1.2 you can count on my feedback. :) Tomek [tom3kb]

Ps2:sorry mods if i write post under post.

11. Silverspoon.

Mission ends without a problem but after we killed all tanks-task accomplished in briefing, then we cleared base-task also acomplished and then mission ends, i dont know if we destroy all AA units, but this task dont have green square in briefing after mission is finished. Maybe this is not a bug and we dont have to kill them to end misson-something like optional task.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

If this is the reason why this task is not accoplished you can maybe add a small tip in briefing that this is optional task and you dont have to end this task to end the mission. Or maybe im wrong and this is a small bug.

12.Black gold.

All ok, no bugs, all markers changed colours, all task are accomplished in briefing, mission end without a problem.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Ps: sorry that im not answer on your last pm but im cut off from my pc with internet [its 2 months now] and from my phone i can only write posts-somethimes i cant even edit them.

I really have good fun playing your campaign and sending few posts with feedback is no problem, so if you will make someday v1.2 you can count on my feedback. :) Tomek [tom3kb]

Ps2:sorry mods if i write post under post.

Hi tom

I'm sorry to hear that you're without Internet connection at the moment, therefore I appreciate your feedback even more. Not many people would put in this effort, given the fact of no Internet connection. I will look into the matters you've pointed out for sure and there will be also a version 1.2

I guess. I'm just taking a short break of editing HOT (Hammer of Thor). :D

Thank you:)

Yesterday I finished v1.1 :)

13. Payback is a bitch-no bugs.

14. Lost obstacle-we destroy all guns task have green square, then we cleared the base-green square in briefing, and marker changed colour to green and i see white text: Mission Accomplished but mission dont end, so i searched whole base and after i destroy all AA guns mission was finished and this task have also green square in briefing

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

15.Warpig

This mission end for me after 1minute(i restarted 3 times, always the same situation) 1st after ~20s i have red and green task info "The survivors has been rescued" task have green square in briefing, leter i have radio message about "critical situation" and few seconds later mission ends[task:reach to last know position dont have green square]then we go to

16.Last stand

no bugs here :)

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Summary for v1.1:

you fixed almost all bugs from v1.0, i like the changes in missions 10-16. I found few bugs in 1.1 but there are no gamebeaking, few small problems with tasks but no problems with ending mission thats very good. Thanks for this update.

Ps: Having little break from editing after your work with v1.1 is good idea :)

Ps: my last short break from editor was from March to October ;)

I love this campaign for its huge and immersive battles, great work!

The task-system sometimes messes itself up, for example you accomplish a task and get the message, but it's not marked as accomplished and remains in the task list. But this, luckily, doesn't prevent the mission to proceed and end successfully.

The side effect of having such huge battles with so many units in the field sometimes makes the AI to go in loop and in total disarray. I have seen more than once my team leader to order to mount and immediately after disembark a Stryker, this repeated twice or three times before moving on, or the Stryker I am on board wandering picking up flowers in the T-Stani fields..:D

The most pressing suggestion I have is that you might add a very limited gear selection at the beginning of the mission, because fighting with that damn scoped M240 at night is impossible, I always have to find a dead mate or a vehicle to get a Scar or whatever lets me aim with NVGs on.