Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

Hi Nettrucker,

ok, thank you for your detailed explanations. I can quite well deal with that issue, I just wanted to know. I'm having fun with this campaign anyway. So I'll just feel like the one who has to do the tough job in our team when anyone else already relaxes. At least they help when I'm hit and/or the hidden one comes out of his hideout ;)

A nice day for you too.

Hallo Jens

in any case the important thing is that you have fun playing it, not withstanding the old version which has flaws and bugs which I'm ironing out due to feedback from community members received.

All the best and thanks for commenting.

cheers

Here's another WIP video of the campaign I'm currently implementing voice files with the help of some other community members

Go big Daddy, Go!

Nice campaign. I am really enjoying it so far. Some minor issues.

In hot spot, even if the attack was defeated the mission did not end.

Three tasks were left unfinished no matter what I did. I had to use ENDMISSION to go to the next.

In hammer Thor, if in a house, that is not yet your task, all enemies are killed then the progress is stuck.

The house is showed in yellow but the task is unfinished. So the unit waits forever.

Hope it helps. Keep the good work !

Hi djol

thanks for your comment and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Yeah that got fixed in the new version. I reworked most of the tasks and removed 2 of them. That mission had a flawed design but I corrected it now. The new version is much better the feedback from all of you guys has helped me to get rid of some annoyances and some improvement has been done also to the cut scenes. I'm currently implementing sound files which definitely increases the atmosphere. some awesome and talented voice actors of the community are helping me with that and the result is awesome IMHO.

There might be still some other flaws that you will encounter. The version 1.1 is far from perfect but without releasing it to get some feedback I've would have been unable to improve it. The change log is quite long. And it is still a long way to go. Unfortunately progress has slowed down in terms of velocity due to RL issues on my side.

Thanks for playing and giving feedback.

cheers:D

Hello all

I have completed mission 5 and here's a quick vid I made.

5QZOSigISJ4

Thanks to all the voice actors who are helping me.

cheers :D

Hi there

here's the latest mission I completed. Not withstanding progress is slow I'm nearly done with half of the campaign.

8yOomvO2EBU

Some of my own voices are only placeholders at the moment.

Hope you guys like it.

cheers;)

It's looking good. Be care of making those trailer vids. I might not have to play the CAMP because the vids will give away the whole story..... :o

Hi everybody

here's a new game play video I made. Mission Silverspoon. There are still the custom radio files missing. progress is slow but steady.

XkgO_KHOUfw&list=UUpx3LVA2aCGYX55_q8kJLdg&index=1&feature=plcp

Hope you like it

Nice video. Silverspoon was one of the favorite missions in the campaign. :)

Hello SaOk

thanks my friend.

@ Kommiekat

No you are part of a squad. As a matter of fact I was close enough to the squad leader all the time so he never called me to fall back into formation. In any case there are no lone wolf missions in the campaign you are always part of a squad.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker

Looks great, I'm going to try it out.

It's still the old version and has some flaws. Updating is in the works but progress is painstackingly slow. There are only 4 missions to update but hell i'm struggling to get it done . . . RL has priority.

cheers

Hi everybody

I'm currently play testing version 1.3 of Hammer of Thor. This version is now completely voice acted.

version 1.3 features some 500 custom speech and radio files.

Moreover it has a custom soundtrack of 16 songs which are showcased mostly in the Intro and Outro scenes.

It's the 3rd time that I'm reworking the missions. Due to constant changes some new bugs have sneaked in which I'm currently ironing out. The update is long time overdue, but I'm always struggling with RLI. Furthermore I suffered a burnout editing on the campaign and had to take a break for around 3 month. It was curiously related only to this campaign but I did some harm and new bugs showed up so I stopped forcing it at a certain point.

I'm done with half of the fine tuning I'm on mission 10 right now, but I will finish it very soon and need some play testers willing to give it a shot and maybe report bugs which I overlooked.

I'll be back shortly releasing the new version for a play test.

I would like to thank all the voice actors which did an outstanding job. Especially a big thanks goes to Laquessha who bore the brunt in all the voice acting as well as AZCOder - Domokun - Krytos - Kommiekat - h34dup - Luiz Silveira - Pete Wadell.

Thank you guys.

A special thanks also to my buddies of Alchemy Divine for having worked on a great soundtrack.

I'll be back soon

Hi there

I experienced a bit of a setback. I'm currently doing the last test run on my I7 where I can max out graphic options and view distance is set to 2900 m. This has caused some bugs with triggers getting activated to early and things like that. Since I have done the editing mostly on my lowend dualcore. View distance was a lot lower on there. I'm fine tuning the missions currently and after completing this very last test run the new version is ready to release.

Here is a short trailer of about what is to come. I hope you enjoy it notwithstanding the clip is not perfect. Got myself a new video editor and I'm still learning. LOL

I hope you like it.

cheers :bounce3:

Looking even more intense with the soundtrack (sounding very superb)! Will give new try for the campaign soon once burning out in editor myself :) I wish I would be able to do soundtracks too, gives much personality to it.

Thanks SaOK very much appreciated. Yeah I just can tell you I love the sound track myself. It's mostly also merit of my band buddies which helped a great deal I'm a lucky guy under this aspect. This is the title track of "Hammer Of Thor". There are other 15 nice songs as well. It's gonna be a surprise. LOL

Edited by nettrucker

Can't wait for this new version (voice acting+soundtrack). So far i finished this campign 3 times. Time for round 4. ;)

Hello Tom

This is overdose. LOL ;)

yeah it took me a long time. I'm working on the update since over a year now, but I'm nearly done one last test run to make, to be sure everything is working as it's supposed to be. If there aren't any colossal bugs or game breaking show stoppers it will be the final release. I've reworked the missions and cut scenes over and over again. It was a long work but it was worth it.

It's kind of a movie where you can interact with by playing the missions.

A big thanks to all the voice actors from my part.

Looking forward to this.

Would you be kind enough to PM me with how to get the radio walkie talkie sound effects with voice?

Are you using Audacity?

Looking forward to this.

Would you be kind enough to PM me with how to get the radio walkie talkie sound effects with voice?

Are you using Audacity?

Hello Kommiekat.

No I personally don't use Audacity for sound editing. I use another program for that. I know that Laqueesha uses Audacity. As a matter of fact when he was sending the files they were already edited and I had to do just some minor editing things. I'm on work now and I can't check at the moment. When back this evening I can have a look and try to figure that one out, otherwise you could PM Laqueesha and ask him he knows most probably better than me how to get the radio files with distortion. I will send you a PM this evening in case you can't reach him.

cheers

Hello everybody

It’s finally done. Hammer Of Thor version 1.3 is ready. It took me 1 year and 2 month to get the new version out. Real life issues played a major role in this long time span as well as a burnout suffered in the editing process.

I’ve tested the campaign over and over again and everything should hopefully work as intended.

This version is now completely voice acted. I’ve implemented over 500 custom speech and radio files related to the campaign.

Moreover HOT ( Hammer of Thor) features also a custom made soundtrack of 16 instrumental songs, which means that every mission has it’s own title track of which I’m very proud of.

As long as no major flaws or gamebreaking bugs will be found I will consider this a final release. In case there will surface problems, which I honestly hope there won’t be any, than I will have to correct these.

The campaign is not perfect it still has some flaws which I’m unfortunately unable to correct. Stuff like weird AI behavior.

I’ve updated also the readme file where I described extensively the whole making of HOT and the eventual flaws you might encounter when playing.

I apologies for the very big size of this campaign (336 MB), but audio files are the biggest files in size, considering over 500 custom speech and radio files and 16 custom songs . . . it is not even too big.

A big thank you goes to all the voice actors.

Voice Actors in alphabetical order:

- AZCoder

- domokun

- h34dup

- Kommiekat

- Krytos

- Laqueesha

- Luizsilveira

- nettrucker

- Pete Waddell

Thanks to all of you for supporting my project and your constant dedication. Without you I wouldn't have been able to get the campaign done. Your outstanding and awesome voice acting gave me the energy and the motivation to finish it. I can't thank you enough for it and I hope that I haven't been too much of a pain in the butt with my constant requests for more. LOL.

A big thanks goes also to my buddies from Alchemy Divine for the great soundtrack. Which will be available for free to download soon on their website www.alchemydivine.com. I hope you will enjoy the soundtrack as much as I do.

Here's a video to showcase another song of the soundtrack.

Cheers

Download Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15352

Congrats on the release. It was a long time from last release. ;) I will play ASAP but first i must finish few campaigns released for A2 in last few weekends (ps: and A3 still dont have campaign ;) :p).

Cant wait to play. Thx for your work. :)